Upcoming Patch Details Released!!!

Is this the full file Chimps or just an update ? I need a link for when I get home tonight, about 7pm, so I can install it before my mates get over for our Lads Night offline PES session. Cheers.

Its the full file. So far only English, Italian, Spanish, French and Dutch teams have been edted for game play

It takes a while to copy over all the files. Obviously if your pushed for time, the strips and edit data can be installed by themselves without the faces and other files to save time

Playing switching is definitely 'fixed' although I have actually gotten used to it the way it was, and found defending terribly hard in the first couple of games I played on the patch!

To me, the game feels much smoother, I don't know if that's all in my head or it actually is more polished. Either way, I am very, very happy with this patch outcome :)

Its definitely smoother

Any idea about the release of the patch for America's version? All sounds very well...

Jimmy can you elaborate how the rainbow flicks have changed? They were a huge disappointment on how easy to perform they were... also, does the through balls are as easy as before, when you pass with X + L1, and wait for the through ball? If the patch correct these two things + the already corrected switching problem, would be GREAT!

Any idea about the release of the patch for America's version? All sounds very well...

Jimmy can you elaborate how the rainbow flicks have changed? They were a huge disappointment on how easy to perform they were... also, does the through balls are as easy as before, when you pass with X + L1, and wait for the through ball? If the patch correct these two things + the already corrected switching problem, would be GREAT!

I played an MLO game last night and a guy attempted 3 Rainbow Flicks, everyone of them didnt work. I actually loved the animation, it was so realistic. Basically, in real life, you hold your standing foot in position, then use your trailing leg to flick the ball up onto the heel of your standing foot. The most common error in real-life, and the hardest part to the trick, is the flick. It's this that is now replicated perfectly. On all 3 occasions, the ball was flicked up about 3 inches at most, and the player kept running on and left the ball behind. I was pissing myself laughing at the prick. It looked brilliant.

Not sure what you mean with the throughballs though.

They didn't make shooting too easy I hope did they? TBH the only piece that was a problem was the CPU switching off of chosen players on defensive corners. Well that and some AI issues. Otherwise the game in original form played quite well offline. Not perfect but very well done.

I played an MLO game last night and a guy attempted 3 Rainbow Flicks, everyone of them didnt work. I actually loved the animation, it was so realistic. Basically, in real life, you hold your standing foot in position, then use your trailing leg to flick the ball up onto the heel of your standing foot. The most common error in real-life, and the hardest part to the trick, is the flick. It's this that is now replicated perfectly. On all 3 occasions, the ball was flicked up about 3 inches at most, and the player kept running on and left the ball behind. I was pissing myself laughing at the prick. It looked brilliant.

Not sure what you mean with the throughballs though.

Sounds good enough to me about those fucking rainbow flicks, thanks for the reply.
About the through balls, what I mean is that I have a couple of friends who are "professional video gamers" (I think you know what I mean) use this exploit technique all the time. They pass the ball around with X + L1 for the 1-2, then the player goes forward and the triangle pass (through ball) is imminent and works almost all the time... that is why I have to play them with 4 Cb's for a compact defensive line. I dont know if you understand...

They didn't make shooting too easy I hope did they? TBH the only piece that was a problem was the CPU switching off of chosen players on defensive corners. Well that and some AI issues. Otherwise the game in original form played quite well offline. Not perfect but very well done.

My impression is they didn't do anything to the difficulty levels of shooting but rather now the outcomes are more realistic - I've yet to see any terrible floaty shots that used to drive me crazy. So a miss is still a miss but it looks more realistic. Shooting feels a lot better with the patch but if they made it actually easier, I did not experience that in the little more than a dozen games I've played since the patch.

CPU defenders now try to get the ball off you, so pressure seems fixed, though for better or worse the CPU defense is now as aggressive as in FIFA. It almost makes me want to drop the gamespeed down a notch but then the game looks too unrealistically sluggish to me. Player switching is improved but still pretty poor relative to other sports titles, although a lot of this is due to poor AI and players not responding to their surroundings. Overall though defending seems easier because of the fix.

Cheers to Konami for listening to their fans and releasing a patch that actually improves the game (damn you EA, damn you to hell).

(There's a lot of funny stuff being reported about the patch around the internets - the game looks better, animations are improved, gameplay is smoother, etc - which seem to me to be just your typical placebo effects, but imo the patch does what was advertised, nothing more, nothing less.)

I understand mate, but its only a 'perceived flaw' because you dont know how to defend against it. Change your cursor change from Assisted to Semi-Assisted. Then when your opponent breaks to the half-way line, highlight one of your players and just track the run or the passing channel and press Circle to 2nd man CPU press his ball-carrier. He will either get tackled by the CPU or try the throughball of which you'll have covered. Works for me perfectly.

Last edited:
My impression is they didn't do anything to the difficulty levels of shooting but rather now the outcomes are more realistic - I've yet to see any terrible floaty shots that used to drive me crazy. So a miss is still a miss but it looks more realistic. Shooting feels a lot better with the patch but if they made it actually easier, I did not experience that in the little more than a dozen games I've played since the patch.

CPU defenders now try to get the ball off you, so pressure seems fixed, though for better or worse the CPU defense is now as aggressive as in FIFA. It almost makes me want to drop the gamespeed down a notch but then the game looks too unrealistically sluggish to me. Player switching is improved but still pretty poor relative to other sports titles, although a lot of this is due to poor AI and players not responding to their surroundings. Overall though defending seems easier because of the fix.

Cheers to Konami for listening to their fans and releasing a patch that actually improves the game (damn you EA, damn you to hell).

(There's a lot of funny stuff being reported about the patch around the internets - the game looks better, animations are improved, gameplay is smoother, etc - which seem to me to be just your typical placebo effects, but imo the patch does what was advertised, nothing more, nothing less.)

This.

I was going to post pre-patch, queue the Placebo's, it's always the same. It makes me smile. :)

Sounds good enough to me about those fucking rainbow flicks, thanks for the reply.
About the through balls, what I mean is that I have a couple of friends who are "professional video gamers" (I think you know what I mean) use this exploit technique all the time. They pass the ball around with X + L1 for the 1-2, then the player goes forward and the triangle pass (through ball) is imminent and works almost all the time... that is why I have to play them with 4 Cb's for a compact defensive line. I dont know if you understand...

I have some friends who do the same. Defending against through balls is easier because of the player switching fix but through balls are still as overpowered as before and button-mashing ping-pong buildup to through ball to easy goal is still an effective strategy. Sadly too often PES reminds me of FIFA 10 and prior at its worst with assisted controls: tap-tap-tap-tap-through pass-tap-goal.

I have some friends who do the same. Defending against through balls is easier because of the player switching fix but through balls are still as overpowered as before and button-mashing ping-pong buildup to through ball to easy goal is still an effective strategy. Sadly too often PES reminds me of FIFA 10 and prior at its worst with assisted controls: tap-tap-tap-tap-through pass-tap-goal.

Again, it's not an issue at all if you learn how to deal with them. I changed the way I defend on PES completely with PES 2011, and my game has become so much more solid all round because of it. In PES 2010 we had throughballs that were successful maybe 1 in 5. People moaned. I thought it was realistic. Now we have them with complete freedom and decent success rate, and people moan.

I actually love the throughballs, they are the most beautiful pass in football. Learn to deal with them, and they wont be an issue for you. Alternatively, send me a friend request, we can hook up and play, and I'll happily show you how easy they are to defend against.

I understand mate, but that isnt a flaw unless you dont know how to defend against it. Change your cursor change from Assisted to Semi-Assisted. Then when your opponent breaks to the half-way line, highlight one of your players and just track the run or the passing channel and press Circle to 2nd man CPU press his ball-carrier. He will either get tackled by the CPU or try the throughball of which you'll have covered. Works for me perfectly.

^^This. If anything the problem is with it being an exploit against the cpu more than a human-controlled defense - humans seem to always be on the look out for this type of pass while the cpu will still allow a through pass or two to pass under its nose without reacting.

Again, it's not an issue at all if you learn how to deal with them. I changed the way I defend on PES completely with PES 2011, and my game has become so much more solid all round because of it. In PES 2010 we had throughballs that were successful maybe 1 in 5. People moaned. I thought it was realistic. Now we have them with complete freedom and decent success rate, and people moan.

I actually love the throughballs, they are the most beautiful pass in football. Learn to deal with them, and they wont be an issue for you. Alternatively, send me a friend request, we can hook up and play, and I'll happily show you how easy they are to defend against.

I swear Konami could release PES 2012 and make all players have one leg and you'd find a reason to say it's great, very realistic and you have no problem with it :LOL: ;)

I wouldnt Dag's, if it's shit I'll say its shit. Stop being a bell. I wont buy peoples arguments that the Through-ball is way too effective if it's because they dont know how to defend them. Why should I ? Just learn FFS, it's not that hard. Give shit to Konami when they deserve it, like Player Switching, Rainbow Flicks or stupid MLO glitches. But dont bitch just because your incapable. Thats not fair.

:LMAO: Relax mate, I was joking with you!

It's a common idea around here that you're Konami/PES/Seabass's biggest fan and I was just having a playful dig, that's all :)

Heard a fair bit on various forums that the shooting is indeed a bit too easy now, and that the AI pressure is a bit over-intense - three or four men trying to close down wingers leaving massive gaps in the box for the eventual cross if the winger gets through. Some guy was talking about winning every game 7-0 all of a sudden. Anyone else seen any evidence of this stuff?

I know I should just download the patch and see for myself but I still haven't... if someone reassures me that deleting my System Data and reinstalling the old one would effectively delete the patch and put the game back exactly as it was, then I'd just try the patch myself and stop going on and on about it... :D

You can remove any patch you like, I wouldnt let that be the reason to stop you installing it. All this other talk I'm sure is just Placebo. I played a couple of games offline yesterday post patch and all I noticed was that the CPU was more aggressive. But that wasnt a bad thing. Player Switching was alot better in my opinion. I will need to play more offline games though to judge better CPU Ai wise.

Last edited:
I'm getting the whole placebo effect when i play at the moment and frankly it's renewed my interest in the game, looking forwards to having a blast on it tonight with the lads while enjoyed the off licenses offer of 75p a bottle Red Stripe :BOP:

Tackling seems "fairer" now, i understand how it worked in both pre-patch 2011 and previous versions but there were occassions when i would be on course to win the ball and my player wouldn't, or the through-ball i had covered would inexplicably pass me.

This has definitely changed for the better, coupled with the AI being better defensively you are really rewarded for cutting down the options now.

All in this is good news for fans of the series if gameplay gripes are getting addressed and it provides a nice platform to build on when this "new" PES matures on the PS3.

If they can keep tweaking and tightening the gameplay then in due time they can start to work more on enhancing the atmosphere as a whole with purely cosmetic touches.

Good stuff really, i can see a few of my friends enjoying the changes this patch wrought later on.

I'm getting the whole placebo effect when i play at the moment and frankly it's renewed my interest in the game, looking forwards to having a blast on it tonight with the lads while enjoyed the off licenses offer of 75p a bottle Red Stripe :BOP:

Tackling seems "fairer" now, i understand how it worked in both pre-patch 2011 and previous versions but there were occassions when i would be on course to win the ball and my player wouldn't, or the through-ball i had covered would inexplicably pass me.

This has definitely changed for the better, coupled with the AI being better defensively you are really rewarded for cutting down the options now.

All in this is good news for fans of the series if gameplay gripes are getting addressed and it provides a nice platform to build on when this "new" PES matures on the PS3.

If they can keep tweaking and tightening the gameplay then in due time they can start to work more on enhancing the atmosphere as a whole with purely cosmetic touches.

Good stuff really, i can see a few of my friends enjoying the changes this patch wrought later on.

All I did was to go to settings and controllers and select Wireless one,then select None. I am not sure this would have even made a difference.

i just checked: konami screwed it up again: you only can change to "none", then neither you nor the cpu players have names above their heads. but - you can't play like this, how should you detect your controlled player?!

you still can't select "<1>" if you want to have the cpu players to have "<2>"! if you select "<1>", the game DOESN'T mirror but still gives the cpu players the names above their heads!

i know this isn't the most important thing in pes2011 (there are others much worse things), but it shows that konami just doesn't get anything: the always go just half the way... sooo disappointing!

i just checked: konami screwed it up again: you only can change to "none", then neither you nor the cpu players have names above their heads. but - you can't play like this, how should you detect your controlled player?!

Your controlled player should have a tiny little blue cloud above his head (or whatever you want to call it).

Indeed, the name thing has annoyed me. I've always played with my player's name on and nothing over the com.

Heard a fair bit on various forums that the shooting is indeed a bit too easy now, and that the AI pressure is a bit over-intense - three or four men trying to close down wingers leaving massive gaps in the box for the eventual cross if the winger gets through. Some guy was talking about winning every game 7-0 all of a sudden. Anyone else seen any evidence of this stuff?

I know I should just download the patch and see for myself but I still haven't... if someone reassures me that deleting my System Data and reinstalling the old one would effectively delete the patch and put the game back exactly as it was, then I'd just try the patch myself and stop going on and on about it... :D

I noticed that if I load the game using a different PSN account like my UK or Japanese account that my data and saves are not transferred so maybe you can load the patch on one account and not another. Shouldn't matter if you can restore the original game though. I dunno.

I only played 4 games but player switching still seemed pretty bad to me. It consistantly gets it wrong when you play a pass in a direction where there is more than the 1 obvious player to receive the ball. It seems to me that it does not take the power of the pass into consideration when making the switch. It also seems to give preference to players that are making a forward run and if a pass goes anywhere near them they will get switched to. Less simple manual passing still looked a bit risky also because of the poor switching. I think it was better when defending though :APPLAUD:. They really need to work on the logic of their switching system for next year.

I dont like what they have done to the opposition AI pressure, upping the pressure all over the pitch was the only way to get them to tackle you on the wings? I played against a crappy Dutch team with a 4-5-1 and the midfield was a joke, there was pretty much no space to do anything but recieve a pass. I also seen the dreaded online staple of 'hold the pressure until we just run through you and take the ball', very disappointing although I only noticed it the one time. They need to address their half assed stamina system to punish the constant pressure.

Last edited:
Your controlled player should have a tiny little blue cloud above his head (or whatever you want to call it).

Indeed, the name thing has annoyed me. I've always played with my player's name on and nothing over the com.

thanks, but this blue cloud thing only appears if you select it - and unfortunately i think this cloud is even more annoying and ugly than the player's name above his head but thanks neverthless

you still can't select "<1>" if you want to have the cpu players to have "<2>"! if you select "<1>", the game DOESN'T mirror but still gives the cpu players the names above their heads!

i know this isn't the most important thing in pes2011 (there are others much worse things), but it shows that konami just doesn't get anything: the always go just half the way... sooo disappointing!

You need to check your settings and turn on the stamina gauge thing so that the blue thing appears above the head of the player you are controlling when you have it set to 'none'

Back
Top Bottom