Upcoming Patch Details Released!!!

Konami have J League only licensed to Winning Eleven, I think there are restrictions which is why they can't have it in the PES title.

No J League is just a simple reason.
JFA(Japan Football Association)never admit their license without naming on game title the top is JFA** or J league** like J league winning eleven.

For international title release this naming is not suitable.
As a result JFA show us own poor pride.

PES 2011 Patch 1.02 out now Konamis awaited patch 1.02 arrives.
Just log-in on PSN and start the game. Patch will download.
Go to settings in the game and save your controller configuration once, just to make sure.

English

Patch Notes

Time of Release: 24/11/2010

<Patch 1.02 Details>
This Patch contains fixes from all previous corrective patches.

* Supporter's chants have been changed for certain teams.
* Changes were made to the overall Game balance regarding certain Skills and Feints such as "Rainbow Flick" and "Sideway Dribble".
* Changes were made to the Master League Game balance.

OK this will change the way I look at players then. So there are times when I want to hit a pass to a player some distance away and the ball gets hit at a poor pace leaving it open for interception, if the player has a high pass speed passes like this will be hit with greater power and will have a better chance of reaching their target, is this right?

I do think though that some players will not hit a certain pass as quickly as others, nobody else think this?

The 1-touch Player Card enables a player to move the ball on quicker, if thats what you mean bud. The short passing and long passing speed is related to how fast a player passess the ball with a single tap of the X. If you hold X down that generates more weight to the pass, but there is more room for manual error. A player with high passing speed drills the ball fast and hard over a short or longer distance just by single tap, which gives alot more accuracy and is alot more AI assisted.

Thats when you get this Ping-Pong effect with the world class players.

I'm going to need more games but I just had one to test out the changes. Had a game with Ajax against Unirea (CL) in ML. First of all, I hardly believe it, but they seem to have actually increased the speed. I a so surprised if this is the case because I play -2 and the game already has at least two absurdly fast speed settings. I will need more games to find out. There is more pressure from the AI and the green zone is most certainly different. A couple of times I lost the ball to a goalkick because I got pressured and then my player stumbled onto the ball for it to roll over the line. I got fouled a couple of times as well. You can still get in a cross but the jogging bit seems to have been fixed, or at least dramatically decreased. As for shooting I haven't noticed any changes but the AI seems to give away more fouls, this is probably because of the increased pressure.

Well I'm off to look for more first impressions.

The 1-touch Player Card enables a player to move the ball on quicker, if thats what you mean bud. The short passing and long passing speed is related to how fast a player passess the ball with a single tap of the X. If you hold X down that generates more weight to the pass, but there is more room for manual error. A player with high passing speed drills the ball fast and hard over a short or longer distance just by single tap, which gives alot more accuracy and is alot more AI assisted.

Thats when you get this Ping-Pong effect with the world class players.

Any players that has passing above the mid eighties makes the game look unrealistic. If you have a number of players with passing around 90 the really looks wrong and it because too easy as the player recieving the ball will have a lot of time and space.

Gerrard has default passing speed as 95 with is ludicrous. Most defenders need their passing speed dropped as having a lot of players with fast passing at the back meens the ball can be at the other teams box about 2 seconds after the keep passes the ball out

I'm going to need more games but I just had one to test out the changes. Had a game with Ajax against Unirea (CL) in ML. First of all, I hardly believe it, but they seem to have actually increased the speed. I a so surprised if this is the case because I play -2 and the game already has at least two absurdly fast speed settings. I will need more games to find out. There is more pressure from the AI and the green zone is most certainly different. A couple of times I lost the ball to a goalkick because I got pressured and then my player stumbled onto the ball for it to roll over the line. I got fouled a couple of times as well. You can still get in a cross but the jogging bit seems to have been fixed, or at least dramatically decreased. As for shooting I haven't noticed any changes but the AI seems to give away more fouls, this is probably because of the increased pressure.

Well I'm off to look for more first impressions.

Bugger.

I have been slowing the game down a bit on my OF I am working on now. You may want to try that when its out if your on the ps3

The 1-touch Player Card enables a player to move the ball on quicker, if thats what you mean bud.

Yeah I think thats what I mean :LOL:, I will try and explain it a bit better. When the ball in on its way to a player I am looking for the next pass, I will spot a pass and once the player has recieved the ball take a touch then hit that pass, some players will do it quicker than others. I always thought this was passing speed BUT after writing that out it seems pretty clear to me this is down to the technique stat and the speed of taking the pass after the control is down to the touch of the player. Dont know why this didnt click before, I guess I always thought that the power of a pass was down to how long you press the button and not stat related.

Chimps can you upload me yours and Gerds files please ? Rapidshare isnt playing ball for me, and I cant find another link anywhere ? Cheers, much appreciated.

First things I have noticed...

- first time manual pass works beautifully
- Manual player switch is still poor
- Semi assist player switch is improved and my pes rage will chill out now, should of been in retail copy but well done for konami for looking at this, although I think its a bit of an insult if you can't get online at the moment.
- Shooting feels more solid, I like the original shooting and feel it has been improved although I need more time with it, seems like you can pick your angle slightly better and has a bit more weight.
- The game feels smoother

Aint hyping just what I noticed, you also don't have to start a master league(probably mentioned) again, you do have to make a bid for a player to see the changes however

Good to hear that there seem to be improvements, but before I get my PS3 online again I want to be sure that the game speed isn't jacked up to ridiculous kiddy-pleasing levels of unreality. I'm a -2 man and could happily forget about this patch if it makes every game look like the first ten minutes of a Merseyside derby viewed on fast-forward.

Not hugely keen on the idea of increased AI pressure (away from the wings) either, unless it's done very intelligently.

UTD-PEARSON, couple of questions

1. what do you think of game speed now?

2. what ML changes have been made? higher, more realistic player prices?

thanks

Just played a couple of offline master league matches to test out the patch.
Player switching seems much improved and the gamespeed may well have been tweaked to play a slightly faster game.
Two things though.I am now finding it a lot easier to win possession all over the pitch.I'm playing on professional level in a Bundeslige second division and was going to leave switching to top player if and when I was promoted.I may have to switch earlier if all games appear to have been made less of a challenge.

Rainbow Flicks are totally sorted. Player switching has been fixed on Semi assisted forsure, even with manual passes. . Not noticed much of a speed increase but possibly. Good stuff Konami.

Last edited:
Good to hear the switching is better - my main game killer. I think 90% of my conceeded goals, came from a ridiculous lack of control over defenders/defending.

The 'green zone' and rainbow flick never effected me, however.

With the player names able to be turned off above the com's head, can you still have your player names only displayed, as in previous PES titles?

Played two games online since the patch.

Player switching is completely fine now IMO, I have it on Semi-Auto and I've not had any moment of mashing L1 not being able to select the player I want.

However, the game IS quicker. Responds quicker and flows quicker. Haven't decided if this is a good or bad thing.

Shooting seems to be tuned a bit, I noticed I was able to get a decent shot away at a right angle where as before it'd have been scuffed. Shots have definitely got more zip to them. Other than that I put away two lush goals so can't complain with it. One a daisy cutter just outside the box, the other a placed shot into the top corner inside the area.

Couldn't be happier really, it's staggering how this game has been given worse reviews than PES 08 and 09. First time since PES6 that'd I've been truly satisfied with a footy game, just a shame so many are still being conned by FIFA.

Can't say I've noticed much of an increase in speed really. Player switching is better though and that's a major plus. Not sure on the increased pressure, I had four players running at me at one point, left a huge gap in the pitch.

UTD-PEARSON, couple of questions

1. what do you think of game speed now?

2. what ML changes have been made? higher, more realistic player prices?

thanks

1. I play every game -2, no change but feels more responsive

2. Haven't made a bid yet, I know people who have tried to sign ronaldo for example and Real wanted 80m, Bale was another player who had a very high price. Things look good on this front.

Also worth noting you can change the kits of both you AND your opponent online now. Big bonus for me as I can now install that Championship OF without worrying about kit clashes

My PS3 is always online but no patch downloads automatically and there is no update available that I can see. When you guys opened the game you were prompted to do something or did the patch automatically download? Cause I ain't gettin nuthin'.

Back
Top Bottom