Upcoming Patch Details Released!!!

Two games played, two CPU corners, CPU wins the header twice, ball hits the defender on the line twice and wouldn't let me switch to the defender in time twice, ball rolls over the line for an own goal ... twice.

:LOL:

Hmm, I really want to try the patch tonight after the Champs League, but I'm wary because I love the game as it is (with reservations) and as far as I can tell there's no way to un-install the patch if it proves in time to bring new problems (e.g. excessive game speed, or Top Player being too easy, whatever, both of which would bug me worse than the current issues which I've more or less adjusted to).

Is there any way to uninstall and reinstall the patch? I'm still a bit of a current-gen noob, so I don't know.

On PS3? Just go to Game Data on your PS3 XMB dashboard and you can uninstall the patch there.

The shooting is definately improved, scored a cracker of a goal before with a crazy amount of power in it :D

On PS3? Just go to Game Data on your PS3 XMB dashboard and you can uninstall the patch there.

Ah right, cheers. It's in with the System Data and Edit Data files then? And the game will just go back to how it was if I delete the patch file later?

System data is the one you want, you should be able to press triangle and check it out, it should say 1.02 and that'll be the patch.

Names above CPU players can also now be switched off as they mimic player settings

just downloaded the patch, tried to switch off CPU player names and guess what: the CPU players still have names above, they DON'T mimic my settings!
anybody else noticed that? or is there a special way how to do this?

ok, just tested:

1. gameplay is definitely faster
2. jog bug fixed, CPU pressures like crazy on the wings (top player)
3. i like the new shots, they dont fly as high anymore, shots from distance are more controlled

So can you still do that thing out wide where you stop the ball dead, stand still for a moment and try to jink past the defender in a one-on-one? I love that and it'd really piss me off if it had gone.

Dags, at the risk of being really thick here, presumably I can backup my system data and reinstall it later if I want to delete the patch? Being ultra careful here.

So can you still do that thing out wide where you stop the ball dead, stand still for a moment and try to jink past the defender in a one-on-one? I love that and it'd really piss me off if it had gone.

Dags, at the risk of being really thick here, presumably I can backup my system data and reinstall it later if I want to delete the patch? Being ultra careful here.

Is that well disguised sarcasm?

No, why would it be? Maybe you're not quite getting what I mean - I'm talking about one-on-ones, not the green zone thing. I'm worried that curing the green zone problem has also stopped defenders standing off in one-on-ones.

Pere would be referring to stopping the ball with R2, pushing the ball forward with the left stick, and making a quick change of direction with R1 for a cross or pass. I've been trying to play a BaL game and get a replay of this technique, but you get so much less space on the wings now.

Just played a few games - Ajax - Milan, PSV - Juventus, Juv - Arsenal, Juv - Barca, Juv - Madrid on Top Player using my edited game play file.

The game is now smoother and because of this, it plays perhaps a little faster, but I am not sure.

Green zone is gone. I was delighted the first time I got the ball in the corner and in came a sliddding tackle, followed by pressure from a second defender.

Shooting is has been refined. There is less ballooned shots. I have scored two goals from outside the area that went in of the bar which is slightly worrying in a hand full of games as these were rockets the likes of which only happened every now and again before. I also scored 2 free kicks in one game with Del Piero

Players seem more skill full. I have had much more success with long chipped through passes and manuall passes.

Not sure if its my discovery of playing more down the middle, but players seem to take up better positions in the box and I have scored twice from crossed, one being a volley.

I think I have enjoyed these games more than have most games before installing the patch, so for me its an improvement.

They have also fixed the player names above the opposition.

If people think its too fast, you should try mine and goalgerds option file. I have slowed down passing quite a lot and it makes a massive difference.

I will post a link to the game play file I have been working on this week, later

No, why would it be? Maybe you're not quite getting what I mean - I'm talking about one-on-ones, not the green zone thing. I'm worried that curing the green zone problem has also stopped defenders standing off in one-on-ones.

Yeah I know what you mean. I usually face them and fake to one side with the RS and go the other side with the LS. I use it a lot so it would piss me off if it's gone as well.

Pere would be referring to stopping the ball with R2, pushing the ball forward with the left stick, and making a quick change of direction with R1 for a cross or pass. I've been trying to play a BaL game and get a replay of this technique, but you get so much less space on the wings now.

Yeah. You shouldn't be able to do that every time you go forward, but now and then, when there's just one man on you, you can have one of those little old-fashioned battles where the winger and defender both stand still for a moment, with the defender trying to second guess which way the winger's going to go. Thing is, I reckon that the ability to do this is what caused the green zone bug (defenders programmed to stand off in a one-on-one situation, and not quite understanding what constitutes a one-on-one), so I'm concerned that curing the green zone bug in a hurry has also removed this from the game. Real shame if that's the case.

Still wondering whether to download the patch tonight. Maybe I should download it on a separate user profile... that'd stay separate from my usual game, wouldn't it? (PS3 noob, as I say)

Can anyone tell me how I can download the patch for PES 2011 on ps3? Is it available? Thank you guys. And i live in North american.

I am thoroughly depressed by this patch... Since I almost exclusively play BAL, this patch suddenly made my game unplayable.

The CPU pressure is so high that now my CPU team-mates, who used to be moderately decent players and didn't DEPEND on me to do anything, now cannot dribble the ball for more than 5 meters, nor hold the ball in the midfield.

I am going to try and reduce the difficulty to Professional, but if the pressure is still too high, or if suddenly the game becomes too easy for me, I'll have to regretfully uninstall the patch...

Anyone else share this experience?

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

(PC)
+Player switching (on semi-auto) is a dream now. :)
+Shooting has been improved.
+Green zone bug fixed
+Gameplay feels smoother

-Gameplay speed feels faster

All in all a good patch.

It's amazing there is no news whatsoever about the American an Asia patch?

Does anyone have have Jon Murphy's Twitter?

I have been switching my PS3 on and off the past day and a half just to see if there is a patch.

Sort it out Konami

Had 4 or 5 games with the patch installed.

Although the green zone bug is fixed, does anyone else think it's gone too far the other way? It might just have been a form arrows thing or a lack of creativity on my tired behalf but I could only dribble past the on-rushing full-back when approaching the far outside of the penalty area around twice, in 4 or 5 games. They seemed to be magnets to the ball whenever I got to say 20 yards out. And a few times their dispossession of my players was like Mr PVA Glue himself just brushing past me with attaching the ball to his sticky being with minimal effort.

I was playing against some real & comedy teams in my ML - Stoke, West Brom, Big Mac Rovers, Budweiser Athletic...

Rest of the patch gets a thumbs-up without a doubt. Will be playing more tonight.

Anyone else think that it's still too easy to play down the wings and get crosses in, but the centre of the midfield is more congested than it should be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else think that it's still to easy to play down the wings and get crosses in, but the centre of the midfield is more congested than it should be?
Hmm, quite the opposite for me last night. More open in the middle :P For example with that aging sloth, Gareth Bale, I'm used to the dribbling system, and he has a little pace. But I had 2, 3 defenders appearing whenever I was in the advanced wing position, and the ball seemed a magnet for them. When I did get past them, the box was a poacher's dream.

Playing switching is definitely 'fixed' although I have actually gotten used to it the way it was, and found defending terribly hard in the first couple of games I played on the patch!

To me, the game feels much smoother, I don't know if that's all in my head or it actually is more polished. Either way, I am very, very happy with this patch outcome :)

I've just downloaded the latest patch on the 360, but now it says I can't play Master League Online due to my connection?

I'm hard-wired into the 360 and have always had lag freee games since the release of Pro Evo 2011, so why is this happening? The game is telling me to fiddle with Port Forwarding, DMZ anbd all types of things, what's going on?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Charlie.

Back
Top Bottom