Upcoming Patch Details Released!!!

Scousegit

Non-League
31 July 2008
KONAMI details latest PES 2011 update for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has revealed the content for the latest free update for its PES 2011 title.

"The update will be automatically downloaded from 24th November, and adjusts the defender AI to allow for more consistent pressing from various situations and includes a series of alterations based on feedback from users. The difficulty and success rate of Rainbow Flicks has been adjusted to improve gameplay, while throw-ins can now be passed back to the taker. Cursor switching has been generally been improved including situations when the ball is crossed, while the way transfer fees are calculated in Master League has been reworked. Names above CPU players can also now be switched off as they mimic player settings. Shooting has also be tweaked to produce more realistic reactions and results depending on real-time situations.

Some chants within the game have also been refined or changed, and PC owners using relatively low-spec machines will also be able to find matches more easily within the game’s Legends mode"

Sounds good, and thankfully the master league transfer fees are being re-worked. I know it is hard to put a valuation on a player as we all have different opinions on certain players, but the stars have to be accurate. Hope they have done a good job with that aspect of the patch.

Not happy that nothing has been done regarding the lack of fouls, but maybe an under the hood change that isn't getting any press attention.

Sounds good, and thankfully the master league transfer fees are being re-worked. I know it is hard to put a valuation on a player as we all have different opinions on certain players, but the stars have to be accurate. Hope they have done a good job with that aspect of the patch.

Not happy that nothing has been done regarding the lack of fouls, but maybe an under the hood change that isn't getting any press attention.

That's exactly what I was thinking, and it really wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this is the case. Fingers crossed.

One question: when you update your game with the latest patch, does it affect the edited teams in your edit data??

Well, you can't get everything right. Sure we want fouls fixed, advantaged rule, a bit of improvement on the goalkeepers and fixes on the online, but, I think it's fair to say, and it's obvious to everyone, that this patch sounds masssive.

I mean, I don't think Konami has ever done (or promised) such good improvements with a patch. Most of us probably took for granted that the CPU names and the AI pressure would never be fixed in PES 2011.

It's pretty obvious they seem to have heard us, all that's left now is testing.

I think we should be prepared for surprises in the next patch. Remeber, even after some DLC's previous years, gameplay changed and Konami never mentioned of them. Now we have the biggest gameplay patch in history of PES games, I expect dramatic changes.

Ofcourse, hopefully the changes make the game better, not worse!

I just want the floating lob shots to change - i have no problem with the result being a slice or terrible miss but the physics as they are right now don't seem right, it's like the ball hangs in the air too much and detracts from the experience. Hopefully the system itself isn't changed, except for the audacious volleys and bicycles.

I am quite glad with that, I have been fiddling with the game play since it came out and certain things things are still really annoying me.

As long as it doesnt effect my stat change so far

As it sounds like its all under the hood stuff, it will definetly effect master league games. Only stat changes would have no effect on master league games as the player stats are saved seperately on your saved game file

Not sure if I want the fouls increased. On my version there is plenty as I have ramped up the tenacity.

The thing that most gets on my nerves is getting into a position to cross and your attacker running from the penalty spot to outside the box for no reason and making crossing practically pointless.

Last edited:
I think we should be prepared for surprises in the next patch. Remeber, even after some DLC's previous years, gameplay changed and Konami never mentioned of them. Now we have the biggest gameplay patch in history of PES games, I expect dramatic changes.

Ofcourse, hopefully the changes make the game better, not worse!

Not true, unfortunately. Specifically in relation to PES2010, I recall that a lot of people said they noticed changes following the DLC, but just as many people (I'd argue more people) didn't. The DLC was just that: DLC. Boots and balls, nothing else. No games company would create a gameplay-improving patch and not mention it. Konami can do eccentric things, but they're still professional.

This forthcoming PES2011 gameplay patch is, therefore, unprecedented. I'm looking forward to it as some of the issues it addresses were starting to spoil the game for me.

Last edited:
Not true, unfortunately. Specifically in relation to PES2010, I recall that a lot of people said they noticed changes following the DLC, but just as many people (I'd argue more people) didn't. The DLC was just that: DLC. Boots and balls, nothing else. No games company would create a gameplay-improving patch and not mention it. Konami can do eccentric things, but they're still professional.

This forthcoming PES2011 gameplay patch is, therefore, unprecedented. I'm looking forward to it as some of the issues it addresses were starting to spoil the game for me.

True, I also don't think the DLC's ever had any effect on gameplay. PES is probably the game that suffers from "placebo effect" the most lol.

I was waiting for this post. Fairplay Keith, you were right, and your bang on the money about this new patch being unprecendented. Which actually makes this even more exciting for all the obvious reasons. Bring it on 'Bassman. :)

Oh thank god.

The game is very good bar these few sour notes and if this fixes them then I might fall in love with the game rather than wishing to punch it in the scrote.

Oh thank god.

The game is very good bar these few sour notes and if this fixes them then I might fall in love with the game rather than wishing to punch it in the scrote.

So true.
For me the biggest annoyances are:
- Easy through balls and stupid 1-2 ping pong passes to get space and press triangle must be hard, not an easy exploit to see your friends make easy goals with this cheap tactic.
- Switching players. A lot has been said so I wont even bother explaining. Plainly, sucks!
- Stupid crazy formations like 4-2-4 should be penalized for being not realistic.
- More fouls would be appreciated, advantage rule and harsh referees.

Happy with that, especially fixing the player switching, which is such a small thing but will massively improve the game if done right. I was hoping the frequency of fouls would be increased so the game plays like the demo, but it's not a gamebreaker.

Even being able to turn off the player names for the CPU is a nice touch. Seems like Konami are really listening to the community unlike the bell ends at EA. Well done.

So true.
For me the biggest annoyances are:
- Easy through balls and stupid 1-2 ping pong passes to get space and press triangle must be hard, not an easy exploit to see your friends make easy goals with this cheap tactic.
- Switching players. A lot has been said so I wont even bother explaining. Plainly, sucks!
- Stupid crazy formations like 4-2-4 should be penalized for being not realistic.- More fouls would be appreciated, advantage rule and harsh referees.

People use them because without them your wingers hang around the outskirts of your own box and putting them that far foward actually makes them stay in the position a winger would.

I think Konami may have made them drop back so much, because if they didnt, people would take advantage of the manual long ball and keep getting them in space. Possibly the same way they stopped forwards taking up positions that you expect when someone has the ball on the wing

People use them because without them your wingers hang around the outskirts of your own box and putting them that far foward actually makes them stay in the position a winger would.

I think Konami may have made them drop back so much, because if they didnt, people would take advantage of the manual long ball and keep getting them in space. Possibly the same way they stopped forwards taking up positions that you expect when someone has the ball on the wing

Really? Can't say that I've noticed any problems with my wing play. I'll have to pay a little more attention to this. Know what you mean about center forward positioning - both unrealistic and annoying but maybe intentional to avoid spamming crosses?

You know how easy those guys are to beat?
You always say this, but if they are good at it, they are NOT easy to beat.

If these guys know how to dribble effectively using Arshavin/Ronaldo/Messi/Eto'o, know about the L1+Pass run trigger, mash the through ball button with Fabregas/Xavi/Iniesta/Sneijder and have gotten used to the shooting then they usually will score at least one cheap goal.
Then on the defensive side of their game, they usually double pressure the hell out of you, but the "better" (i.e. highly ranked) opponents will combine this with occasional swerves to block passes and/or constant slide tackles that are either unavoidable or unpunished.
When the "scripting" is on their side, your players fuck up or stumble every time someone touches them, making it impossible to do anything.

The space they leave on the wing isn't easy enough to exploit into goals in my opinion, with wingers not being able to burst down the wing (which in a way I like, makes cutback cheesing more difficult) and the strikers' positioning on crosses being very strange (a little less so with the "Fox In The Box" and "Goal Poacher" cards).

I like the crossing, I can usually play the ball where and how I want it with skilled crossers, but one issue that I have is that players with a high "Long Pass Speed" attribute whip the ball in with pace most times no matter what you do, even if you use the R2 lofted cross.

The heading is fine, I think it's quite realistic, it's just the positioning which lets it down.

Does this fix the MLO disconnect/cheating that happens online and the plainly insipid competition system? If not, I shall rest happy in my decision to trade-in the game. It is amazing that they can't even release a minor fix for this issue.

You traded in the game? you muppet.
It's nothing more than a bed/bug-ridden joke in its current form. I don't know of any other game that openly allows cheating and does nothing about it, even after its producers admit these, and I'm tired of these gloryhunters who destroy the online experience both in MLO and normal matches.

Plus, one of the main reasons I got the game was for the Japan players, but they haven't even updated them or included their best player at the moment, Shinji Kagawa, who probably won't ever be included into any patch, and their strange choice of not including the J. League in the game even though they have the exclusive license. I'll just wait to see how they do in PES 2012, but if the emotionless, braindead defenders return I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom