Upcoming Patch Details Released!!!

thanks, but this blue cloud thing only appears if you select it - and unfortunately i think this cloud is even more annoying and ugly than the player's name above his head but thanks neverthless

You seem to be overly fussy man, just learn to deal with the names above the head ,is that THAT much of an issue? god :(

I understand mate, but its only a 'perceived flaw' because you dont know how to defend against it. Change your cursor change from Assisted to Semi-Assisted. Then when your opponent breaks to the half-way line, highlight one of your players and just track the run or the passing channel and press Circle to 2nd man CPU press his ball-carrier. He will either get tackled by the CPU or try the throughball of which you'll have covered. Works for me perfectly.

Do you mean circle or square for pressure?

Please elaborate, I want to to know which fixes you have noticed

Player switching isn't perfect but it works pretty well now. Loose balls no longer cause mayhem with random switching, and in defense it'll usually select the most logical player to control. The green zone bug is gone which is excellent as you now need to mix it up in order to create chances. I think most people were exploiting it without even realising it as crossing is a legit weapon in real football so I'm glad it's been fixed.

Apart from that I don't mind the player names across the screen and I haven't noticed that much difference with the shooting. Perhaps the shooting is a little less floaty, but the technique remains the same which is good.

Good Patch. Game feels smoother now and that makes a huge difference. Shooting hasn't change a lot but overall i think it is improved. Now i see some more low shots then before and a nice amount of half hight shots (You never say half hight i guess? What do you say? middle high?).

I've played a few games after installing the new patch and I'm pleased with what Konami have done. It's subtle changes that make a good game that little bit better. There's nothing game-changing or game-breaking here.

The shooting in particular feels tighter and a touch less floaty, and it's probably the placebo effect but the game feels a little smoother and well balanced.

Well done Konami for listening to the fans.

Good Patch. Game feels smoother now and that makes a huge difference. Shooting hasn't change a lot but overall i think it is improved. Now i see some more low shots then before and a nice amount of half hight shots (You never say half hight i guess? What do you say? middle high?).

For me the shooting is MUCH improved, I've not had one floaty crap shot since the patch, maybe coincidence? I dunno.

I've played a few games after installing the new patch and I'm pleased with what Konami have done. It's subtle changes that make a good game that little bit better. There's nothing game-changing or game-breaking here.

The shooting in particular feels tighter and a touch less floaty, and it's probably the placebo effect but the game feels a little smoother and well balanced.

Well done Konami for listening to the fans.

What I like is, I have a feeling they will release a further patch or maybe two. Konami are doing the right things finally. As I said before, I honestly did not expect a patch would come at all and we'd have to wait for PES 2012.

Hopefully Konami can release a further update to address some other issues such as the stamina.

What I like is, I have a feeling they will release a further patch or maybe two. Konami are doing the right things finally. As I said before, I honestly did not expect a patch would come at all and we'd have to wait for PES 2012.

Hopefully Konami can release a further update to address some other issues such as the stamina.

I haven't started ML proper, just exhibition matches and online matches where stamina is almost non-existent.

are you on the same page or on the other extreme?

Played a few games last night after the update and like the improvements - only continuing issue i see at the moment is that you still can't play a first time pass when you intercept the ball.

Did you try my game play file Jimmy?

Not yet bud, it was 7.20pm by the time I got home and downloaded it. I didnt have time to install it as my mates arrived not long after. I'll do it over the weekend if I get time. If not it will be Wednesday when I'm next off work. I will let you know as soon as it's done Chimps. Thanks for the link, much appreciated. :)

Last edited:
For me the shooting is MUCH improved, I've not had one floaty crap shot since the patch, maybe coincidence? I dunno.

No, no, imo you are right. There are less floaty shots then before. They still happen now and then (most of the time when someone running nearby you) but now i can live with it.

Last edited:
After a couple more nights with the game patched, I've seen various amounts of pressure from defenders on the wings, which is great. All in all I'm loving the game even more now.

Even online? check my rage post in the discussion thread, so fecked off 8(

I still haven't played a single game online matey. Going off online modes in general. Every game's online mode is a pain in the arse where lag and / or children will annoy me somewhere along the line.

Downloaded the patch at last, but I'm not sure about it yet.

There are definitely some very good things about it. Those horrible cheap AI goals are mostly gone, for a start. Fewer thumping through balls past your reeling, useless defenders, and based on a few games it seems the cpu doesn't score every single free kick any more. Instead, the computer now plays some nice football, putting together some neat passing moves (occasionally even passing the ball backwards) and feinting and jinking through your defence. That's fantastic. It actually feels dangerous when they build an attack now, you're not just waiting for that killer long ball down the middle. Individuals on the other side seem to show their skills more often. I'm sure this improved AI isn't just placebo, even though I can't remember it being mentioned in the list of patch contents.

Some bad things too. I'm definitely not keen on this massively increased pressure. Pre-patch the pressing was probably a bit loose (most obviously on the wing, where it was non-existent), but as usual Konami have gone too far the other way, and now it's slightly over the top. As soon as you start to move with the ball, three or even four opposition defenders swarm in on you, bump you off the ball and stroll away with it (while you do that hateful stumbling animation). Out on the wing, those lovely "bullfighter"-style standing-still one-on-ones are very, very much a thing of the past. It's pretty frustrating - it makes the game a LOT harder, but not always in a good way.

The increase in game speed sucks, as well. You release a game with a choice of five speeds (including one so fast it's ridiculous) - why the fuck do you then increase the overall speed in a patch? I suppose it's partly down to the increased pressure, but when you put the two together you end up with a game that can sometimes look very clumsy indeed. Then again, I remember thinking this when I first got the game and hadn't learnt it properly yet, so maybe I've just got to re-learn it a bit.

I was quite impressed, though, to get thumped 4-1 by Monaco - first time the cpu has ever beat me by more than two goals - Park Chu-Young got all four, and I've never seen a cpu player play like that before. Really intelligent movement, cool slaloming past defenders, neat sidefooted shots from unusual angles. Top Player feels really hard now (at least until I get used to the patch) and while that's partly for bad reasons, there's also a bright side.

I smell a sale. Let me leave you my card.
Haha, no chance. Going nowhere.

Had a game with Simcut last night online, slight lag throughout but as to be expected with PES. I cringed when scoring an acrobatic scissor kick from 16 yards when a strong header down was all I wanted, apologies Simon!

Haha, no chance. Going nowhere.

Had a game with Simcut last night online, slight lag throughout but as to be expected with PES. I cringed when scoring an acrobatic scissor kick from 16 yards when a strong header down was all I wanted, apologies Simon!

Yeah, I really don't get the lag, I'm on 50mbit internet which is Wired to the PS3 now instead of Wireless, and got a decent upload speed, and it still lagged a bit :(

And omg, I hate using the system on PS3 to write to people, need to hook up a keyboard somehow lol, takes forever for me to use the thing to write to people.

And that first game was PROPER rage, I had no luck at all, ball ricocheting straight to you, and the defender just standing there and letting the ball bounce past him for your first goal, and then my goalkeeper just chipping it straight to your player even though I held down O to boot the ball clear. So bloody annoying, I was raging like hell, glad I didn't have a mic on, this game can be so immensely frustrating :-(

I'm still getting to grips with playing online PES though, I've probably played less than 15 games in total online.

Villarreal (Simcut) 1 - 3 Tottenham (proxi)

Was a closer game than the score suggests though :-(

Last edited:
I love that player switching now jumps to the man ahead of the ball rather than swapping between the two closest chasing players. It only took them 3 years to spot that fault but thank fuck it's been addressed.

I love that player switching now jumps to the man ahead of the ball rather than swapping between the two closest chasing players. It only took them 3 years to spot that fault but thank fuck it's been addressed.

This.

I played a tournament last night and I must admit the player switching was brilliant. The acid test was my long manual passes that were received perfectly with no issues at. Player switching was actually noticable as to how good it was. I guess that just highlights how bad it was pre-patch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom