Sleeping Dogs (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)

The same thing happened to me.
Just do 2-3 missions where you have 1 or 2 triad triangles and that should do it.

Think I'm about to finish the main story - have to say I've loved every minute of the game so far.

The story and acting help make it what it is.

I was trying to think why this isn't just a rip-off GTA and I think it's the quality of the storyline that makes it. I'm genuinely interested in how it all ends up.

OK, thanks for listening, bye.

Having an absolute blast playing this, love the fighting system. And to say that I didn't even know this game existed untill I first saw it here on Evo-Web. Thanks for that lads! :)

Fully completed now, 1000/1000 gamer score.

Was a really good, fun game which kept me hooked for over 30 hours. Can't say much more than that.

Yes. At first it's a bit meh, very arcade style GTA.

It's a great game and worth putting the hours in, but ultimately it really is a poor man's GTA. That's more a compliment for GTA than a diss for Sleeping Dogs though. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I've been playing the demo quite a bit, it's really good fun.

I'm enjoying beating up civilians far more than I should be doing, quite sadistic really. First time I went on it and chucked some womans head into a speaker I burst out laughing at how ridiculously violent it was. The combat makes this so much better than the clumsy mess that is GTA.

Think I'll pick it up when it gets a bit cheaper.

I've never felt as gripped by any GTA as I had by Sleeping Dogs. Never completed a GTA game, whereas I still want more SD even after finishing the story.

I've never felt as gripped by any GTA as I had by Sleeping Dogs. Never completed a GTA game, whereas I still want more SD even after finishing the story.

The Ballad of Gay Tony should have been the main GTA IV game, with the original Nico rubbish benched as DLC. I enjoyed TBOGT so much more.

I tried to play GTA4 last night after completely sleeping dogs a couple of days ago and GTA is just so bland and dead in comparison, not to mention how ugly it looks on 360 versus SD on PC

I've been playing the demo quite a bit, it's really good fun.

I'm enjoying beating up civilians far more than I should be doing, quite sadistic really. First time I went on it and chucked some womans head into a speaker I burst out laughing at how ridiculously violent it was. The combat makes this so much better than the clumsy mess that is GTA.

Think I'll pick it up when it gets a bit cheaper.

Don't know what system your playing on but you can get the PC version for £9.

I did get it from cddiski yes.
I think I will get most of my games from there now. But I am very sceptical about getting games which require a VPN as I don't want to lose my Steam account as it is worth £2100 according to Steam calculator.

I will also start to give this a game soon as will maybe try and complete it before XCOM comes out, but also the problem is I spend most of time at the moment playing DAYZ.

Last edited:
It is against the user agreement to use a VPN but people do use one and have never been banned.

THE USER AGREEMENT
You are entitled to use the Software for your own use, but you are not entitled to: [...] emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Valve in any network feature of the Software, through protocol emulation, tunneling, modifying or adding components to the Software, use of a utility program or any other techniques now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose including, but not limited to network play over the Internet, network play utilizing commercial or non-commercial gaming networks or as part of content aggregation networks, without the prior written consent of Valve

I see, interesting, I used a USA VPN to activate Sleeping Dogs early but in the end didn't even play it properly until the EU release.

Waiting to find out what keys Cddiski will have for Dishonored :)

Will have to wait first and see if it requires a VPN first.

They also have XCOM for £10. Bargain but I had already pre-ordered mine direct from Steam for £30.

Last edited:
screenshot_294999_orig.jpg

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/383715/sleeping-dogs-zodiac-tournament-dlc-revealed/

Last edited:
Just gone back up to £10.19, seems it was a mis-price.

Oh well, lucky me :P

This (to an extent)..

The Ballad of Gay Tony should have been the main GTA IV game, with the original Nico rubbish benched as DLC. I enjoyed TBOGT so much more.

.. and this.

Just completed it and left wanting more. Loved the fighting, driving, the story. I've really enjoyed this and can't believe it's over :(

I think we should let this thread lie

Like what you've done there. :))

I agree with Lami and Dags - Sleeping Dogs was a brilliant experience. I picked it up in the Steam sales around Christmas for just over £10 and played through the game last month.

The story is decent(ish) but I feel the star of these type of games is always the city, and the developers did a great job of creating an atmospheric and interesting replication of Hong Kong. It's not quite got the character of a Rockstar city but it's not far off. Combat was enjoyable and I like the emphasis on hand-to-hand combat over guns. Some of the ways to take out opponents had me laughing out loud on occasion.

Most importantly the game is fun, something that GTAIV lost sight of at times.

I also appreciate the fact that there was at least an attempt at optimising this game for the PC with the 4gb high-res texture pack. The game looks miles better than stock GTAIV on PC.

The only gripe I have is the driving which is very twitchy. I actually prefer GTAIV's driving physics, which puts me in a small minority.

I feel the star of these type of games is always the city, and the developers did a great job of creating an atmospheric and interesting replication of Hong Kong.

spot on my issues with this game is though its amazing to walk about and explore the game is rather empty.

The combat though fun is far to easy you can never be killed. THe shooting is fun but rarely happens and rarely have guns.

The missions also are rather easy its more like just doing a mission just to advance the storyline but not needing to actually do much effort to complete each mission.

Also unlike GTA you cant just drive about and kill people and snipe people or blow up things and get cop chases just when your bored. THe game is just mellow you can just drive about and feel like your in hong kong.

Its basically a hong kong simulator.

Fair enough some missions were fun like the shoot out at wedding and in hospital like something out of john woo movie but at the end of the day its still all to easy.

Back
Top Bottom