Sleeping Dogs (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)

Placebo

Ԁlɐɔǝqo
3 May 2003
Orrefors, Sweden.
Sheffield Wednesday
Not sure how many originally followed True Crime: Hong Kong, I personally did as I really liked the 2nd one (didn't play the first TC), they seem to be marmite games, anyways anyone following will know that Activision dumped TC:HK citing it not being of sufficient quality (despite rave reviews from the press when they got a hands on), shortly after Activision dumped it Square Enix picked up the project (minus the True Crime license) so now it's to be known as "Sleeping Dogs" :)

Live action announcement trailer:

YouTube - Sleeping Dogs Announcement Trailer [HD]

Ingame story trailer:

YouTube - Sleeping Dogs - Story Trailer

It shows that it's based on development from 2 years ago but hopefully the story and gameplay will more than make up for that :)

Re: True Crime: Hong Kong becomes Sleeping Dogs

Looking forward to this. Being from Hong Kong, I'm quite excited to be able to roam around the city. Loved the live action trailer. Seems 2012 is a good year for games.

Looking forward to this. Being from Hong Kong, I'm quite excited to be able to roam around the city. Loved the live action trailer. Seems 2012 is a good year for games.

you played yakuza games? Not hong kong but its like walking about Japan.

Also Strangelhold is set in hong kong.

Looking forward to this. Its being developed by same people that made just cuase 2 and batman AA so should be good.

I too have had this on my radar for some time. Loved the True Crime games on last gen.

It does look good but that mission playthrough has some horrible tearing, constant framerate issues, if they don't fix that I'm not interested, definitely not a day one purchase, will want to test it before buying.

is it on pc to..if so will be better performance i guess for pc version

JUSt cause 2 plays sweet on my pc if that means anything?

Anyway looking forward to that game looks sweet

Just watched the latest video and the tearing is getting worse not better, wouldn't be surprised if it gets releases in such a bad state considering it's only a couple of weeks away, not impressed.

YouTube - Sleeping Dogs: Police Investigations - Gameplay

Also noticed a huge disparity in the quality of the two faces in the opening scene, the woman police boss has an excellent face,nice detailed model, good use of textures and shaders, whereas the main guy's face looks a generation behind.

Last edited:

Just bought this on Steam, exactly my type of game. I loved True Crime so hoping this is as good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just bought this on Steam, exactly my time of game. I loved True Crime so hoping this is as good.

yup, one of only handful of games i'm looking forward to this year

Prob need a beast pc to run all enhancemanets and dx11 etc..My pc a bit old much better than ps3 though

http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=12904

The Sleeping Dogs PC requirements have been announced. So while the Square Enix game will be released on the Xbox 360 and PS3 too, the PC version of Sleeping Dogs is set to have some additional bells and whistles though that the consoles versions wont.

The PC specs include high-resolution texture pack updates the game to a new level, bringing high detail and crisp clear rendering to everything from city skyscrapers to crumbling ancient temples. Another layer of depth is added for gamers running at higher resolutions using increased small object detail to render smaller items of the world from a far greater distance to give an incredible sense of scale and detail. In-game shadows receive a significant upgrade with support for high-resolution shadow textures, high quality shadow filters and support for Screen Space Ambient Occlusion. Sleeping Dogs also features performance enhancements for both dual and quad core PC setups, enhanced performance for Nvidia SLI and AMD Crossfire, support for keyboard and mouse setup (including key mapping) and optimizations for both 3D and multi monitors on both AMD and Nvidia hardware.

For those of who you want to know the gritty details for the PC version of Sleeping Dogs the details are below:

Sleeping Dogs PC System Requirements
Windows Vista (with Service Pack 2) and Windows 7 supported
DirectX10, 10.1 and 11 supported
32 bit and 64 bit operating systems supported

Advanced PC Features
  • Nividia 3D Support
  • Nvidia Multi Screen Monitor Support
  • AMD EyeFinity Multi-Monitor Gold Status Support
  • Window and Full Screen Mode Support
  • Benchmark Mode

DirectX11 Specific Features
  • Contact hardening shadows
  • HD-AO
  • Use of Direct Compute

Performance Enhancements
  • Enhanced Performance on Dual Core and Quad Core Processors
  • Enhanced Performance on Nvidia SLi
  • Enhanced Performance on AMD Crossfire

Mouse, Keyboard and Controller Support
  • Xbox 360 Controller Support
  • Keyboard and Mouse Support including Key Remapping
  • Auto Pad, Mouse and Keyboard Switching

Advanced PC Graphics Features
  • Increased Small Object Detail
  • High Resolution Texture Support
  • High Resolution Shadows
  • High Quality Shadow Filters
  • Soft Particles
  • High Quality SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occulsion)
  • High Quality Motion Blur
  • Super Sample Anti-Aliasing

Steamworks Features Supported
  • DLC Support
  • Achievements
  • Auto Patching
  • Pre-Download
  • Store Save Games to the Cloud
  • Player to Player Chat

Sleeping Dogs PC Minimum Requirements
  • Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz or Athlon X2 2.4 GHz
  • RAM: 2 GB
  • Graphic Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher
  • Graphics card memory: 512 MB
  • Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card
  • Hard drive: 15 GB

Sleeping Dogs PC Recommended System Requirements
  • Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
  • RAM: 4 GB
  • Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950
  • Graphics card memory: 1 GB
  • Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card
  • Hard drive: 15 GB

Fortunately for me I'm at the recommended requirements :) AMD X4 945, 8b ram, AMD Sapphire 6970 GPU with 2gb VRAM

First few short reviews:-

Playstation Official Magazine UK
Aug 10, 2012

While Sleeping Dogs doesn't innovate enough to be considered on a par with Rockstar's finest, the fact that it comes so very close [and even improves up those games in a couple of ways] deserves massive credit. This is the game Saints Row has spent a decade desperate to be... It's unquestionably 2012's most brilliantly brutal surprise.

Game Informer
Aug 12, 2012

The experience is worth playing, but the buggy gameplay makes former publisher Activision's lack of faith in the title understandable.

so it's look promising as of yet, the buggy gameplay may just be a console thing, let's hope anyway, pretty happy with the 3d support. only 4 more days

Last edited:

I wonder what kind of bugs they're talking about. I hope they can fix it ASAP. It actually looks like a cool game to play! I'm also holding out high hopes for Hitman later this year.

I wonder what kind of bugs they're talking about. I hope they can fix it ASAP. It actually looks like a cool game to play! I'm also holding out high hopes for Hitman later this year.

I read some people saying driving was a bit crappy.

But if this is anything like just cause 2 which it looks like it should be fun but unrealistic..

Depends what u prefer I think GTA4 was to realistic and normal cars were slow and rigid to turn..whereas GTA3 was arcade action OTT speed cars...seems this one more like GTA3

Fair enough. I saw a little video and the car handling seemed a bit arcadey. If it's not over the top ridiculous, then I won't have a problem. The cars varied on GTA IV but the motorbikes were so hard! lol

Was probably going to pick this up on Friday, but they're obviously going down the same route as the latest Saint's Row with the catalogue of DLC getting released via a drip-feed. I'll pick it up next year when the complete edition is out for £30 or so, I want the full game. When reviewers are saying this game isn't very polished and the publishers / developers are broadcasting "exciting extra content" it's not a good sign. THQ really ballsed-up SRTT as I just wanted to play through knowing I had the full content but it never ended, no matter how meaningless. Hope the stuff for this isn't on the disc either.

http://www.gamedot.co.uk/2012/08/13/sleepings-dogs-out-this-week-more-content-on-the-way/

Why do characters in games always speak so loud and clear, like the cop in that scene where he says: "I forgot something in the car.." Can't they introduce some acting into the speaking to make it sound more realistic?

Oh, and "Action-Highjack"?:BRMM: He let go off the driving wheel, opened the door and jumped over his door a few meters forward onto a driving car... LOL.

Ok, not everything needs to be realistic but at least they shouldn't be completey impossible. What these developers need to learn from the movies-industry is the concept of suspension of disbelief.

There are a lot of action-movies where people jump from car to car which noone would do in reallife because the danger of really getting hurt badly, but at least in the movies they make it seem at least physically possible by letting the characters jump from the front to a car behind or at least when cars are on the same height.

Last edited:

Can a mod change the title to just "Sleeping Dogs"? It doesn't need a big description in the title really.

Can a mod change the title to just "Sleeping Dogs"? It doesn't need a big description in the title really.

:SHOCK:

shit, i really though the name of the game was True Crime: Hong Kong becomes Sleeping Dogs

:LOL:

The game is fantastic looker on PC, but... The requirements are WAY out of my range. Maybe on new PC I will play it... In MAX details... (seeing Total couldn't run it on MAX on his rig says something really >.>).

From the video you will know he says 32GB of RAM and GTX 680 GPU... Probably i7 extreme and from his Max Payne 3 video I guess he said something about 4 SSD drives and 2x xTB drives for content...

If I recall right... Here is his Sleeping Dogs WTF series:

YouTube - â–º WTF Is... - Sleeping Dogs ?

Really love the guy. Really love ALL his first time playing/look videos.

Back
Top Bottom