Sleeping Dogs (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)

The game is fantastic looker on PC, but... The requirements are WAY out of my range. Maybe on new PC I will play it... In MAX details... (seeing Total couldn't run it on MAX on his rig says something really >.>).

From the video you will know he says 32GB of RAM and GTX 680 GPU... Probably i7 extreme and from his Max Payne 3 video I guess he said something about 4 SSD drives and 2x xTB drives for content...

If I recall right... Here is his Sleeping Dogs WTF series:

YouTube - â–º WTF Is... - Sleeping Dogs ?

Really love the guy. Really love ALL his first time playing/look videos.

32gb of ram? his chatting shit.

possibly 32gb disk space maybe yes but ram? :LMAO:

Hmm, wouldn't be surprised mate. He does TONS of editing (and RAM is v. valuable thing to have, trust me :D).

Plus he got some of this stuff for free (even had 2x 560Ti Giveaway not so long ago).

If you get to know who this guy is, it all makes sense ^^.

I'm running with 8GB and the game plays fine, no game needs anything even close to 32GB of RAM.

I'm running with 8GB and the game plays fine, no game needs anything even close to 32GB of RAM.

And where did I state that any game needs such amount of RAM?

I meant that game has SLOWDOWN on his rig most probably due to the fact he has Nvidia GPU not ATI (it is ATI optimized game, so it should run fine on 7800+ GPUs with 2 or more GB of onboard RAM to fully utilize SMAA and such feats).

Just saying (but tbh he did state that for the most part it runs silky smooth ~90-100FPS @full HD res).

I will not even try to run it on my old Quad and 8800GT tho :D.

Hmm, wouldn't be surprised mate. He does TONS of editing (and RAM is v. valuable thing to have, trust me :D).

Plus he got some of this stuff for free (even had 2x 560Ti Giveaway not so long ago).

If you get to know who this guy is, it all makes sense ^^.
But u said that he needed and used 32gb of ram to play this game lol. u dont even need 8gb to run this let alone 32gb

4gb will be more then enough

What do you think of it?

I really like it. The fighting model is very similar to Batman although at the very start, it doesn't feel like it has as many moves to pull off.

Graphics are very good, and I'm having to run on mostly high settings as opposed to maximum and it's still making my GTX 580 work at averaging 70%-80%, with no high resolution pack installed.

Driving feels a little too easy for the most part, cars really stick to the road and it's maybe a little too arcade-like in that part. Bikes and mopeds are fun.

The story seems like it'll be very interesting, I like the characters that you're introduced to early on (the main character and one other especially).

Side-missions seem a bit of a waste of time, I think? I've done a few now and you don't really get too much from them apart from money (which seems very easy to get anyway) and some points towards your cop or triad scores (which go towards upgrades). Lots of collectibles lying around, which flash so they're easy to spot.

Only played 93 mins according to Steam so not the best review but I really like what I've played so far.

Hmm will be very disappointed if the side missions are worthless as I read that the main story is only around 14 hours (one of the criticisms in a review as well as all the bugs). I might wait until it drops in price TBH.

ONLY 14 hours?! I find 8 hours to be the sweet spot, 14 is more than enough for me.

oh-behave-austin-powers-meme-.jpg

No idea I don't play multiplayer.

Yeah cddiski.ru ran out this morning, there's also: http://roxen.ru/games/sleeping_dogs/buy-sleeping-dogs/ it's about £10 from there as well for a Steam compatible CD Key.

this is similar to the origin india thing we used..we need a proxy?

Or we can just order at discount price from russia?

uNSURE HOW i can pay at chcekout tbh? I need to sign up with some russian bank company and put my card detials with them?

Last edited:
You'd need to use a US VPN/Proxy to be able to download today, but from tomorrow you'd be able to play fine without as it's released tomorrow isn't it?

You'd need to use a US VPN/Proxy to be able to download today, but from tomorrow you'd be able to play fine without as it's released tomorrow isn't it?

Sure I undestand that...steam related.

But on that website u linked the only possible way to make payment means I have to register my credit card with some online russian money transfer companies..So it seems..though Im not even fully sure how to do that.

Prob not dodgy but a bit confusing..wish I could just use paypal....Pc version prob only £20-25 Uk anyway...???

Buy from wherever you're comfortable, I certainly wouldn't have bought from a Russian site if I couldn't have used Paypal. Worked perfectly though so I think I'll definitely buy from cddiski again if they have other English language games at low prices.

You could always buy the special edition from there? That's still only £17 or so? http://www.cddiski.ru/pc/games/action/tps/sleeping-dogs-limited-edition.htm

LIMITED EDITION INCLUDES
George St. Pierre content:

GSP's signature "flying punch"
Exclusive GSP outfit including t-shirts, headband and shorts
The GSP outfit unlocks the "flying punch" and increases grappling and throwing damage

Police Protection content:

Exclusive "High Speed" mission
Exclusive HK Police SWAT outfit
Exclusive assault rifle
Exclusive SWAT police vehicle

Buy from wherever you're comfortable, I certainly wouldn't have bought from a Russian site if I couldn't have used Paypal. Worked perfectly though so I think I'll definitely buy from cddiski again if they have other English language games at low prices.

You could always buy the special edition from there? That's still only £17 or so? http://www.cddiski.ru/pc/games/action/tps/sleeping-dogs-limited-edition.htm

Cheers I take it this site does paypal?

Will consider buying this 1

Yeah that's where I bought the regular steam version for £10 this morning with paypal, got my Steam key in about 40 minutes after paying and it activated and download fine on Steam.

If there is no online might just wait for skidrow but for wuality games I feel the developers deserve my money...And i think this will be quality..short of ££ right now tho :(

Yeah that's where I bought the regular steam version for £10 this morning with paypal, got my Steam key in about 40 minutes after paying and it activated and download fine on Steam.

they have £11 in stock again.

I wonder to buy that or limited edition...seems linited edition stuff pretty crap?

Back
Top Bottom