Sleeping Dogs (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)

I struggled a bit with the combat at first too, but now I kick ass, its not even fair.
Go to those combat things to practice in one of them you face like 12 guys or something, with 3 to 4 bigs, its great.
Also cheese it up with the food, tea and massage bonus, when the facemeter is maxed you will be unstoppable.

I tried your suggestions, thanks they've helped a lot. I still get my ass handed to me sometimes but nowhere near as much as before. I practiced in some of the fighting schools and did the first one, the second in the central district was harder (I can't beat the final wave of enemies) but I'm doing a bit better. I fail whenever there are multiple grappler dudes, don't know how but they seem to occasionally override whatever I do and grab me.

Still enjoying it though, I've barely done any missions at all, just cruising around beating up gangs, clothes shopping and a spot of dating.

My Xbox finished downloading this last night so I can try it out soon. I want to finish Max Payne story mode first...part way through chapter 5 now.

My Xbox finished downloading this last night so I can try it out soon. I want to finish Max Payne story mode first...part way through chapter 5 now.

You'll love both, especially Sleeping Dogs. I'm having a blast doing side missions, I'm doing some car related ones and I'm now stinking rich :P Plus, slaloming round Hong Kong on a bike with a spot of classical music on the radio is strangely hilarious....

I'm doing better in combat, it helps to do some Triad missions to get some unlocks on your skills tree (the more RPG style approach is something I prefer over GTA) but drinking a can of soda in your kitchen, having some herbal tea and then having a pork bun will be enough to make you bad-ass in combat.

Plus I love the vendor guy shouting "hey you, why don't you have a pork bun in your hand!"

sleeping dogs is all about karaoke with the local beauties though....

i wish the massage thing would be visible!

I rocked the f**k out of that Karaoke :P

Speaking of which, I was dreading doing the Bam Bam club mission as I'd heard it was really tough, but I breezed through it first time. I think I got rid of three people in the bogs by flushing their heads in the urinals!

Last edited:
Yeah unfortunately it's another game where you end up with more money than you can do anything with, I bought all the fancy cars for no reason than to spend money!

Yeah unfortunately it's another game where you end up with more money than you can do anything with, I bought all the fancy cars for no reason than to spend money!

Yeah I thought that might be the case :(

This was the case with the last GTA too, I hope the next one will allow you to buy property etc again and make use of all the money.

Anybody here played the latest DLC? I'd like to know a bit about the story.

I've read its about Wei Shen's cop life after the whole story. But I checked a video and it showed him in giving parking tickets, and that's just silly, if its the way they went with the DLC.
Its a huge waste of potential, I could totally see another game continuing the story, Wei Shen struggling to be a regular cop.
So how is the story on this DLC? As good as the main game? Or they did it just to make some money? Should I get it?

I haven't, curious about the length of it tbh? I didn't get any of the DLC, figured I'd wait for the Steam sale and grab this and the martial arts tournament as they seem to be the only DLC worth getting?

I may get some of the DLC, depending on the price. I shouldn't take that long to complete the game now actually, I spent ages doing side missions etc and now my face meter is at ten and can't go any higher. With that in mind there's not much motivation to do most of the side mission stuff like debt collecting etc. My face meter is maxed our and I don't need he financial reward. Might just exclusively play right through the main story mission. I think I'm probably about halfway through those.

Tip for anyone wanting to increase their face level (which unlocks clothes, cars etc);

Complete all the races for each category of vehicle. Winning those seems to level up your face meter incredibly fast

Just finished this and absolutely loved it. The open world stuff is like a basic GTA game but the main missions and combat mechanics IMO are better than the GTA games. The martial arts fighting works really well, having struggled initially I ended up taking on 10-20 guys at once with ease.

£8.99 well spent! :D

Unlike you to change your tune :P haha sorry I couldn't resist.

Good stuff mate. Hopefully I'll get to try it over this Easter long weekend. Might just start it and go back to Max Payne later.

Well I always thought it was a great game, I was just total rubbish at it :P

I think you'll enjoy it for sure though :)

Just started playing this and it's really good. The intro sequence is fantastic! Some awesome fight moves in there ;) Seems quite easy to get around and find the missions and side missions so far. Less laborious then GTA IV and the checkpoints work better :P

Anybody got to level 10 Triad? I'm on 8 and every mission I replay gives me just the difference points from last try, and even with a decent score in all missions, I'm still a level 8.
Any tips?

Just like you, I had to replay 5 missions, beat my scores and got to level 10.
Thats' the only solution I'm afraid...

Which is then the best DLC in terms of story/gameplay?

Haven't finished and not played much but i'd say year of the snake is the better option (Haven't started zodiac at all but it's not really story add-on.

Nightmare in northpoint is really bizarre and pretty much doing same throughtout and felt more of a chore than anything else.

Are they planning further DLC? Or even better a sequel? Considering how much it got shit on when it was True Crimes: Hong Kong it turned out amazingly well.

Are they planning further DLC? Or even better a sequel? Considering how much it got shit on when it was True Crimes: Hong Kong it turned out amazingly well.

From what i heard/read up, year of the snake is the last dlc they planned to release. I hope they do continue with the franchise, Sleeping dogs has been one of the most satisfying game i've played in a while.

it didn't sell to weel though. less than 2 from what i read.

fantastic game in every aspect.

Well the stuttering dev cycle wouldn't have helped, it's definitely a franchise with potential IMO, Saints Row does the uber over the top thing, GTA does the realistic story telling thing, there's scope for a game to find a happy medium IMO.

Back
Top Bottom