RMEngine - Management Engine for PES (In Development)

What i really meant is how many minor leagues will be available in game....what's the lowest...third, 4th, 5th division???

Maybe u can answer that 71!!!!

For this question i can asnwer too charlievolano, anyway the plan is to get as many lower leagues as possible, probably the real limit will be to gather information, for example for italian leagues i menaged to gather information for all professional leagues (Serie A, Serie B, Prima Divisione (Former Serie C1) and Seconda Divisione (Former Serie C2) ) plus some information to put enough teams from Serie D to have a realistic Italian Cup (as you know from this year even italian serie D teams take part in Coppa Italia), might be much more difficult to find accurate informations and stats about a full serie D l division, specially cause it is divided in 9 leagues.

Another example can be the polish league, where i menaged to find information only for Ekstraklasa and Piersza Liga (first and second top divisions).

This is possible cause the engine will use a separate database and not a single option file.
When the forum of this project be fixed, you will find as more informations as possible. If for rikman is ok, i will even open a topic in italian, for all italian fans like you and me ;)

I hope my answer helped you, see you next time:)

For this question i can asnwer too charlievolano, anyway the plan is to get as many lower leagues as possible, probably the real limit will be to gather information, for example for italian leagues i menaged to gather information for all professional leagues (Serie A, Serie B, Prima Divisione (Former Serie C1) and Seconda Divisione (Former Serie C2) ) plus some information to put enough teams from Serie D to have a realistic Italian Cup (as you know from this year even italian serie D teams take part in Coppa Italia), might be much more difficult to find accurate informations and stats about a full serie D l division, specially cause it is divided in 9 leagues.

Another example can be the polish league, where i menaged to find information only for Ekstraklasa and Piersza Liga (first and second top divisions).

This is possible cause the engine will use a separate database and not a single option file.
When the forum of this project be fixed, you will find as more informations as possible. If for rikman is ok, i will even open a topic in italian, for all italian fans like you and me ;)

I hope my answer helped you, see you next time:)

Excellent news!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the answer!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, vihn78 said it all..
As long as we have the info (and kits, appearances, all that)we can have as many divisions as we want. BUT, don't forget that the project started not long ago, and even those don't only depend on the info. For example, league structures (if don't work as the default H & A matches) might take some time to make for rikman..so I guess that you'll see that coming slowly. Don't expect to have it all at once, obviously. The good side of it is that as long as the engine is created, it can be converted to future or former PES. This means, rikman has to find a way to retrieve and import data to the game...but everything else is managed by RME, so a lot of work will be already done.

I can't remember the last time I've seen you this excited charlie ;)

It's pretty easy to get excited with the RME project. If rikman manages to make 1/3 of the things we've been talking, it will be already huge. And, like I always say him, I think RME will give an enormous boost on the editing scene..because now everybody makes 20 different Beckhams faces, don't create so many stadiums (because every team in PES has it), but as soon as you can make a proper career, getting job offers from other countries..people will feel the need to have the proper kits, stadiums, faces, etc...and editors will have a reason to create them, because they know people will use them..unlike now, where almost everybody plays with the same 300 teams.

Since to me this is "PES the Final Frontier"....and about those leagues i am pretty sure there are national websites that already developed patches with their home leagues so once the job is done we just need to get in touch with all the main pes websites around the globe and collect stuff from them like pesbrasil, pesargentina wemexico and the likes of them. I am sure in no time we'll be covering the globe...

We just need to come up with some catchy name for the project....like "Little Big PES"....

What i really meant is how many minor leagues will be available in game....what's the lowest...third, 4th, 5th division???

Maybe u can answer that 71!!!!

Once the framework of the engine is in place and tested, the amount of leagues that can be added is virtually unlimited
However please remember that for each league added - with that comes the task of having up-to-date data on players, teams, kits, stats etc etc.....which is what makes it a much harder job than just "adding a league".

Also as RME will be a game, this info must be balanced correctly within the gamneworld to make sure it synchs up and is realistic within the engine - and this takes a lot of testin and tweakin.

Good things come to those who wait :)

PS. "Little Big PES" - hahahahahahah :D
Whats wrong with RMEngine? :P

Last edited:
If this lives up to expectations, I need never look at another Fifa game again, even if they do pull their finger out of their arse for PC Fifa 2010 and make it proper NG!

Actually, scrap that. It'll piss all over Fifa, both in gameplay and depth, which will be endless.

RMEngine is good for the engine but once we have a new game due to the engine you should come up with a catchy game (a bit like unreal engine for GoW or UT). I am playing "RMEngine" uhm...dunno....

One thing: let's say we play 10-15 seasons, how are the retired players gonna be substituted with new ones?? You are thinking about some fantasy players?

Actually it would be fun to start in 1980 with the teams of that time....but i am a nostalgic freak!!!!!!!!

Anyway good luck for ur work.

Just came across this, and it looks fucking massive.

I've only just got back to playing games (and only PES2009) and have a real career mode would be fantastic.

Regarding database, I'd hope you see what people here are doing

http://pesstatsdatabase.com/

Thousands of players with accurate stats, and this could prove to be very, very useful.

Keep going, I have wanted ever since I started playing PES3.

Good luck, amazing project. Hope support for 1.30 version

cheers:APPLAUD:

One thing: let's say we play 10-15 seasons, how are the retired players gonna be substituted with new ones?? You are thinking about some fantasy players?
That should be great.. I may be a lot interested in discovering new football stars ;)

BTW, may I ask you how the kit/logos selection works? Is it still based upon Kitserver orhave you developed your own code also for that (Kitserver is going unsupported from now on I guess)?

Right, my mother always told me honesty is the best policy, so here goes.

I haven`t worked on the engine at all for the last week, for a number of reasons, most of which I can`t discuss.
But if things happen the way I hope they happen, then me coding more at this point would be a waste of time anyway as it would all have to be recoded differently at a later date, wasting time.

I know that sounds cryptic, and I aplogise, but please have faith, have patience, and have a little confidence in me, as right now there is only me that knows the possibilities of what could happen...

I understand this post might get a "Oh here we go again" reaction due to the other project that seems to have died, but I think I deserve a little more credit than that so far with what I have done and I am posting regularly in here to show it hasn`t died.

As I said good things come to those who wait - and please don`t forget that I am 1 man working alone - not a team of talented peopel like the other project, and that died, so please understand the work involved for me.

abhisek: Long time no see friend, thanks for link I`ll deffo take a look.

aLe: I`ll reply to your PM soon mate.

Over n out! :)

Take your time pal, I've experienced times in which I quite decided to quit kitmaking (either for personal reasons, or because I just lost the will to do so, or just because I wanted to actually enjoy the game instead of spending more time in editing it than in playing it) just to come back stronger after several weeks.. So I understand this situation..

And well, the "recoded differently at a later date" makes me think that something is going to happen at the due time, so I'm confident you won't forsake us ;)

For the PM, well, they were just suggestions but I can't wait to see what do you think about it ;)

Thanks for the honest update rIKMAN, you know some of us have been with you in spirit at least for quite some time.

f..k the project.. go on football manager 2009 for management game, and the fifa and pes for simulating soccer.. forever :)
thats simple : noone is hero.. ;)

f..k the project.. go on football manager 2009 for management game, and the fifa and pes for simulating soccer.. forever :)
thats simple : noone is hero.. ;)

Well FM is low quality(CM01/02 is high quality) and PES "manager-mode" is not that good either.

So this RMEngine seems to be the perfect solution! :)

And rIKmAN, you should take the time it needs to get motivation and such moving on... You aint getting payed for it so there's no one who can force you to stick with a deadline. :)

This sounds incredible:APPLAUD:. If things work out it will put Konami and EA to shame;)

I've read the whole thread but i'm a bit confused about one thing. Say if your managing Barnet in League 2, for example. As Barnet aren't in PES 2009, how will their kits players and faces be displayed during the match in PES. Or will you have to have an Option File with the teams in it :THINK:

i cant explain too much, all i can say its that rikman is using an external database, so there will be no need of option file (or i should say just a default option file since pes need an option file anyway) and i can tell you there will be real kits for every team, as long as we find correct kits, for example im collecting kits for italian leagues.

I hope my answer satisfy you enough ;)

This sounds incredible:APPLAUD:. If things work out it will put Konami and EA to shame;)

I've read the whole thread but i'm a bit confused about one thing. Say if your managing Barnet in League 2, for example. As Barnet aren't in PES 2009, how will their kits players and faces be displayed during the match in PES. Or will you have to have an Option File with the teams in it :THINK:

Team data is loaded directly from the RM engine. It's explained better if you watch the youtube videos. Basically the Data in PES makes no difference as it's not used. Only the PES match engine itself is used.

I guess so.. I think that the img files will be used just the minimum necessary for the engine to work, and that everything will be loaded from an external source.. That means, virtually, no limit on the leagues/teams/players you can add, each one with its own unique features..

Well FM is low quality(CM01/02 is high quality) and PES "manager-mode" is not that good either.

So this RMEngine seems to be the perfect solution! :)

And rIKmAN, you should take the time it needs to get motivation and such moving on... You aint getting payed for it so there's no one who can force you to stick with a deadline. :)

I would gladly donate though. Whatever helps the cause for you Rik.

Hey guys, again I haven`t updated as nothing has changed from my last post, well a few updates but nothing major.

Still waiting on confirmation of which way to take the project, but hopefully in the next week or so I will know.

Thanks for your support :)

Hey guys, again I haven`t updated as nothing has changed from my last post, well a few updates but nothing major.

Still waiting on confirmation of which way to take the project, but hopefully in the next week or so I will know.

Thanks for your support :)

Sorry for asking a stupid question but what direction and from whome?

Back
Top Bottom