RMEngine - Management Engine for PES (In Development)

As it stands, the only 2 testers are Vihn and #71, and it will stay this way until I get back and get back into coding the engine.

Of course once the engine develops further I will need to test on more setups etc and I will announce this as and when is needed.

Have patience and keep the faith :)

No point in asking about a possible demo release date then...just kidding. :) Take as long as you need - no-one wants bugs everywhere with it.

Hello!

This project seems absolutely awesome and I wish you the best of luck with it. I have been thinking about coding something like this back since 2002 but never got to doing anything and now I don't have much time to do it either. However I am really interested in things like how I can read the data from PES and update data (players/teams) during run-time like you are doing. Would you mind sharing the information of how it can be done or atleast point me in the direction of where I can find some information about these things?

My personal dream would be creating a link layer between a game like FM and a game like PES so that you could mod the results in FM from the outcome of PES and mod PES from the selections in FM. If this was done in a general way it would be possible to create a layer that could be switchable so if there only was an adapter for your favourite match sim (be it FIFA98 or PES2009 for example) and manager game (CM Italia 95 or FM09 for example) you would have a framework to link games together in this fashion. It would never demand the total design of a new game as you are doing now with RMEngine, just an export function of teams/players/tactics/line-ups from the managerial game to the match game and an import of stats from the match game to the manager game.

Whenever a new game arrives on the scene coders could write new adapters for that game so you would always have the potential of having that "dream game" combination.

Your project is as close to that dream as possible right now, however I sometimes wonder if an exporter/importer of data between the games actually would be a more effective way of creating this "dream game"?

Anyhow, would you mind sharing your knowledge?

Best regards
Nike The Bike

nikethebike:

I did look at fusing FM and PES as this would be ideal, but as far as I could tell it is impossible to make a transparent layer between the two.

I managed to get data passed to/from PES while it is running, but with something as complex as FM it would be too much hard work and as I say maybe impossible to insert data while the game is actually running.

I won`t go into too much detail but suffice to say, I decided it would be easier to create my own engine to do the dirty work.

Cheers!

But would it be impossible on an old engine, like for example CM Italia/CM1? I know the stats are old on that game but there are editors and I'm sure it would be possible to create converters of data from FM09 -> CM1. The older less complex engines might be easier to "hack". But I see your point.

But back to my question, where can I find info on how I read or alter data in the game during run-time?

I really hope that this project will not broke down.I still waiting until the end of october and I hope and i am sure that rikman present us a fantastic rm engine that ends the doubt that pes is the best soccer game on the world.By the time i won't play the new pes10.Come back soon!!!thanks:APPLAUD:

Two simple questions:

- Do you have any intention in the future to change the "exchange data from/to a RUNNING pes" to "when you have a match make pes open with the needed data and then close giving the result"? I know this might be impossible but i only want to know if it's in your (future) aims ;)

- Do you have any intention of making the game (for exhibition purposes, not "Master Leagues" as you said they have their own data saved) link to an internet-hosted database which could be updated regularly by a community? This should be much easier (in the software part) to do than the first idea :P

I think that something like your tool with these 2 things could be just perfect :D really comfty and extremely complete. Considering then that the hypotetical database could keep infos for every year in the past... you could easily do EVERY match you think of in a flash! :D

Hey guys!

Just a quick update, I am back and getting sorted slowly...

Setup my proper PC today (Oh how I`ve missed it!), and am slowly getting to grips with everything..

Had a little look through the RMEngine code, but won`t be developing again straight away, need to get to grips with everything again first :)

Anyway, I will be more active on here now I`m home, so I thought I`d update this thread and let people know.

Sorry for the delay, but I had a GREAT summer :)

Hey guys!

Just a quick update, I am back and getting sorted slowly...

Setup my proper PC today (Oh how I`ve missed it!), and am slowly getting to grips with everything..

Had a little look through the RMEngine code, but won`t be developing again straight away, need to get to grips with everything again first :)

Anyway, I will be more active on here now I`m home, so I thought I`d update this thread and let people know.

Sorry for the delay, but I had a GREAT summer :)

Good to see you around again, if you need help tell me

News about the release?I am still waiting, but a I abandon hope.First you say that the release will be around october and now it is Christmas and there are not even news about the progress.:SNACK::PRAY:

First of all, I did not say it would be released in October!

If you read back through the thread I said I would be getting back around October and continuing work - which I am doing!

Also with it being xmas, I am at the parents for the festive season and only have my laptop with me which doesnt run PES very well (onboard gfx) so its hard to continue development 100% properly.

It is good however for getting my head back familiarised with the code, which I have also been doing, as well as trying to get in touch with #71, who seems to have gone AWOL from here too.

Sorry you are disapointed, but please get your facts correct before accusing me about releasing this - yes I`m looking at you Kledippi!

Cheers guys and happy xmas!

Sorry rikman, but sometimes i think that this project will be closed like the others before.I hope that this project will be finished.Can you say how long it will take around?And can you update the news every week,please.I look every day at this forum,but rarely there are news about the project.I am waiting until it will be finished.I can help you if you want.Moreover whats about the demo version?Keep on.:WORSHIP::BYE:

There are two reasons i come into this forum, to see Kitserver updates from Juce and to see and hope there are news about this project.
Keep on with it!

LOLthis is being made for PES09 aint it? I remembered this thread from last fucking year and still this mod is not finished.

It´s an outstanding programm, making it compatible with pes2010 is easy, but the programm has to be ready:YAWN:
maybe it will be ready by the time PES2012 comes out?

like lami said, nice try but time to pack your bags and try a different project

Looks like this project is dead now.I think it was over at beta stage unfortunately.

There are even no any response from rIKmAN.

It was dead from the first page of this thread
Sany023 said:
Looks like this project is dead now.I think it was over at beta stage unfortunately.

There are even no any response from rIKmAN.

Well guys, suprise suprise I am still alive!

Firstly, yeah I can understand the shit people have been talking, and you are all allowed your opinions - that's what makes the world go round!

Since the last proper updates I have worked away in Greece for 7mths, and have recently just rteturned from travelling around SE Asia (Thailand, Laos etc)....and I can thoroughly say I have had the best 2yrs of my life!

Anyway, the reason for the post - I still have all the source code and everything that I had already done previously, and as I said all that time ago - this project WILL be finished, however, I am giving no ETA on anything from here on in.

I am not planning on travelling/working away anytime in the near future, but after returning from my travels, I have to sort out finances, accomodation etc and this real life stuff could cause hiccups.

The last 2yrs have been crazy for me, so now back to some normality is a nice change, and I'm looking forward to getting back into this project.

Luckily I absolutely hate PES10, so I don't feel any urge to change the work I have been doing, and it will continue as a PES9 project for now, and modified versions to work with PES5/6/2010 etc at a later date.

Please note, due to my circumstances in real life over the last 2yrs, I will not be making any release dates or anything for any demos or anything, as real life can sometimes throw up things you don't expect and things don't go how you planned.

So yeah, I will be starting working on it again in the next few weeks, hopefully this is good news to some people, if not, then what can I say...I lived my real life dudes! :)

Glad to be back, and I will be setting up a blog so people can follow the progress of things as they go, and so as not to spam the forum with similar questions about the engine.

Sorry to everyone for the delay, it wasn't intentional, but man I enjoyed the ride :)

PS: @jonnymendoza: Dude you need to lighten up... :)
PS2: @vihn / #71: If you guys are still around can you contact me in some way please?

Last edited:
Welcome back rIKmAN :)
It's good when things in private life makes you feel great as its our most important goal in life.

But it's also cool to hear you will resume your project about PES!
Hope to hear in the near future good news about it.

Back
Top Bottom