NBA 2k13 - news, videos

Any of you having games that you don't earn any VC at all?
Sometimes its like the connections fails, other it just load the VC synch but nothing cash in.
It's so frustating to play 10/12min quarters games to win 0 VC.

I'm starting to think the sliders are affecting this, any other mode is working, but the association I'm most enjoying with custom sliders just won't give any VC at all.

BTW I tried to play 2 MyCareer games, I got loads of endorsements just boosting popularity with some random things, but the gameplay is so bugged when compared to other modes, playcalling doesn't work. And that's why I won't play it or spend VC on it again until a patch is released.

All I'm playing is MP and NBA Today, loving it.

Waiting for 2K to update the rosters and for OS members to release proper rosters (playbooks etc) before I start Association and take the Suns back to the top.

been really enjoying MyPlayer lately, finding it difficult to get off the game, at first, i really wasn't enjoying it while playing for houston but now in miami, i'm getting loads of assists and eventually became a starter, i want to start a new one when i've updated the rosters

does anyone know if i start a new one, will myplayer overall rating be reset?

i am on the ps3, i'd love to team up with some of u folks for on line games.

anyway, how do i switch hands in a lay up? couldn't figure out yet.

the amount of amazing modes on line and off line is really making me play hours and hours of this game.

has anyone tried to go on line with his own created player?

Use the shot stick to change your shot, its contextual so it depends on a lot of factors.

Hi guys. Just need your advice on this. I've never played an NBA2K game before. I'm not what you would call a real-life NBA fan. I don't watch it on TV, just used to watch the Finals years ago. I know the basics of how the game is played, but don't know nuts about strategies, marking and all the other technical stuff.

My question is, should I get the game for PC? Will I be able to enjoy the game without knowing all the technical stuff about the real-life game of basketball? Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Hi guys. Just need your advice on this. I've never played an NBA2K game before. I'm not what you would call a real-life NBA fan. I don't watch it on TV, just used to watch the Finals years ago. I know the basics of how the game is played, but don't know nuts about strategies, marking and all the other technical stuff.

My question is, should I get the game for PC? Will I be able to enjoy the game without knowing all the technical stuff about the real-life game of basketball? Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks

the game is a must tbh. chances are you'll become very passionate about the nba. having said that, the AI is so good and the game contexualized shot system to the individual player abilities and animatin is so well done that even with the most modest "shooting and passing" 2 botton moves you can do wonder.

On line 5v5 is a blast.

Only problem being going back to pes or even fifa might be pretty impossible.

the game is a must tbh. chances are you'll become very passionate about the nba. having said that, the AI is so good and the game contexualized shot system to the individual player abilities and animatin is so well done that even with the most modest "shooting and passing" 2 botton moves you can do wonder.

I agree completely. Try it, you won't regret it, and most probably will end up following the nba more than you expected (and even wanted to).

If anyone is up for a creating a 5 player team and go online on the week end, just send me a pm and we can add each other to the ps3 friend list.

But make sure u defend in the paint...

Is anyone else unable to get to the main menu when booting the game?

everything is fine on the ps3. i even saw dantoni on the lakers time out...

i might have to do with the sound files u put in?

You have to create a bunch of play lists but it takes the atmosphere to another level.

Got the game yesterday and was playing it for a couple of hours. Pretty addictive I must say! Just that I suck at defense.

I went through the Training Camp, mostly for the shots, and skimmed through the defense ones. Any tips on how to improve? Defending in this game isn't like in Pes or Fifa, is it? It's mostly about containing, and not actually trying to get the ball? Would really love to get some tips from you guys.

It all depends on the individual match up tbh.

Some players are good defenders so u can stick close to the attacker, especially by pressing L2 (tight defending) and force them to take bad shots/bad passes.

Some players have the "pick pocket" card so you can actually try to steal the ball, especially against big players in the paint or a crappy guard (jason kidd being an example of a compulsive stealer)

In the paint i try to intercept the ball (square or move quickly the right stick) or avoid jumping too early.

If you play on line the "take charge" button can be very handy against those who just run straight.

-But it you are playing against some great player using the likes of kobby and lebron only chance you have is really team play (double marking or zone defense). they are always gonna kill you 1v1.

But i have to confess i also stink at defending against fast players.

It takes a lot of time, i mostly play on line and I am getting the hang of rebounds, steals, intercept and defense in the paint after some 60/70 games (multiplayer match up). But when i am a pg or a sg i usually get owned if team mates don't help me out. Just like in the real life, a talented guard is a killer.

But the game is just bloody brilliant. Only complain is that it is taking away my social life just like pes in the old days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got beaten online by a guy who kept doing 3-pointers! Even when he was clear for a layup, he would just pass out for a 3-pointer. How is he able to down them so accurately!?

Thanks for the tips Issidingo. When you say team play, how do you go about doing it? And when I press X for intercept, I mostly get a reach-in foul. I guess I gotta time it right?

Also, when I defend, do I control the player who's defending the player with the ball or control someone else to defend off-ball players? Sorry for the noob questions, but I am quite a noob at this lol.

If they are open and with the right player (ray allen for example) then they can keep scoring all day long.

anyway there are a bunch of defensive option where u can specify how to defend (tight lose always on the drive etc) or double team on each player. or you can manually double team, it might be L1. u can also set defending optin on auto and the cpu will take care of zone defending or pressing when u are down.

For offense the very basic is pick and roll (l1 once again i think)

I'd stay far away from on line 1v1. For learning it is better to play any mode where you are specifically one player (my player, create a legend). It is all about learing the basic skills for each position.

On line team match can be useful but of course a lot of games can be pretty shit with 10 people in the paint.

I am a decent sg, an half decent forward and a pretty crappy point guard and centre.

Last edited by a moderator:
one noob question: if i play association with a friend, can we lock up on individual players? i find the switching a bit confusing since you keep passing the ball yourself as opposed to pes fifa where u always pass the ball to the other player.

I'm not sure if two players can do it but one player definitely can.

I've started my Association with PHX and the first thing I did was trade ShannonBrowncan'tdunk.com for Nick (Microwave) Young.

The newly released patch is excellent. It is way more difficult to steal the ball without fouling, long passes are harder, alley oop tuned down, smarter AI in all situation etc. This is what i noticed the most on line. It makes for a more realistic gameplay. I think 3ps are still bit too easy for my liking.

full details:
https://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323466

Yes, the new patch solves 99% of the things I didn't like for the single player experience, like offensive rebounds, decreases a bit points in the paint, harder stealing, more fouling and a lot more error on long passes.

The Association mode now turned a lot more enjoyable. Wow, hats off for 2K. This is the best sports game I've ever played. Period.

drekkard, tobi and whoever else is interested:

care for going on line and team up for a couple of games over the week end? PLaying with random people is really a hit or miss, most people just care for their own stats and have 0 sense of team play.

Hi, the only times I've tried multiplayer it was chaotic, I had lag issues and didn't ressemble a basketball game at all. That's why I'm quite shy to play online.

But we can try and I can be convinced otherwise!

ps3 indeed.

if we make out own team i guess we should be fine. 9/10 games multiplayer on line are indeed a mess. most pg go to the rim, most players go for the paint. hard to find people that stay open.

In my fourth season in My Player I was finally selected as an All Star, almost two million votes (the most in the East) but I didn't start the game and I only scrub minutes.

Gutted!!!

I there any way to play on PS3 co-op against CPU? Or we should try multiplayer between us? I really can't stand multiplayer gaming in any sports game if it isn't with fair and well known people.

Back
Top Bottom