NBA 2k13 - news, videos

I avoid MyPlayer, that mode gameplay just pisses me off.
I have about 34k in VC now and MyPlayer is already a 96 leading the Blazers to a title on the first year. I've always wanted to get to the contract season, but I just dont have the patience for 2 more years, same thing happened in 2K12.
I'm thinking of what to spend that VC now, maybe start that MyTeam.

Upped the difficulty to Hall of Fame/Simulation & it's a lot better. Only thing I dislike now I've decided to let the CPU run plays is that when I'm required to set a pick, holding B cancels the play. Bit daft, but I'm enjoying the mode. I know it's a bit cheesy but it's the best game mode for me, personally.

EDIT: Ah. Nevermind. Sixers just shot 59% against us with 70 points in the paint... :YAWN:

Last edited:
Upped the difficulty to Hall of Fame/Simulation & it's a lot better. Only thing I dislike now I've decided to let the CPU run plays is that when I'm required to set a pick, holding B cancels the play. Bit daft, but I'm enjoying the mode. I know it's a bit cheesy but it's the best game mode for me, personally.

EDIT: Ah. Nevermind. Sixers just shot 59% against us with 70 points in the paint... :YAWN:

i think you D might be the issue. ai exploits bad defense on hard settings, so u should probably switch from a 1-1 D to a zone defense guarding the paint. don't jump of fakes, stay close to the big man, try stealing/intercept with players who have that card. I use right stick to harass with arms stretched and i intercept a lot.

i personally hardly touched the set plays so far, pick and roll being my main weapon. But i might have a look at some plays, just there are so many of them i don't even know where to start from. any advice?

on line i am getting better, i eventually find a way to deal with those noobs who only take shots with james and the lethal anthony. I now take the lakers and put howard on them and it works pretty well. it's nice to see how frustrated they get once they can't drive or shoot 3es at will.

anyone every tried the on line association?

You can, its the usual d pad options.

Hmm, interesting. I'm looking into downloading a tool to modify the sliders for My Career. Have to get a USB stick tomorrow.

one question:

what do u guys prefer: user timing ot real percentage for shooting?

and anyone has a set of sliders for association, superstar difficulty.

Let us all congratulate Leftos as he has officially taken a position at 2K Sports on the NBA 2K development team. As most of you are aware, he is well known for his work at NLSC. Creating all sorts of different mods for the NBA 2K series over there and also offering a helping hand over here. He will truly be a huge addition to the team.

Konami should do the same, there is plently as talented modders for pes series.

Always nice to see someone rewarded for the efforts.

I've had my fun with My Player and I've started an Association with Golden State, Klay Thompson's shot (and animation) is so damn good, my word!

i tried to play a game during lunch break but the f game wouldn't load up, it froze when syncronizing to the 2k server. Apparently tons of people have the same issue.

it happened to me before. games that need internet to be played should be banned forever....

Having issue with nba as when it says loading custom shoe then crashes my whole xbox, happened three times in a row. anyone else having same trouble?

EDIT: Nevermind, sadly had to delete custom shoe files so could load the game up.

Last edited:
Having issue with nba as when it says loading custom shoe then crashes my whole xbox, happened three times in a row. anyone else having same trouble?

EDIT: Nevermind, sadly had to delete custom shoe files so could load the game up.

I have this since forever, the loading freeze without internet as well.

This shoe one I actually figure it out why it happen, no solution though, but if you notice there are times you load the update new files fine, but the shoes that were added after the game release are not there, its bizarre.
Sometimes you play a couple of games or load something then come back to the menu and surprise the new shoes suddenly appear without reloading the game.

So to avoid this problem you can never have these 'new' shoes customized, because of this not finding them sometimes bug.

This game, as usual, have some strange strange bugs, and the bastards never even try to fix them.

That shoe loading is so awkward that when this magic loading happens they show up with bizarre default RGB colors.

I thought I was done with My Player but Marc Gasol is pulling me back in.

eventually i found a solution. Freeze happened if i said "yes" to connect to the internet at the very first game screen . When i said "no" to the internet connection and it would load up just fine.

The strange thing is that once it loaded up internetless i decided to go the to the on line menu and i played a couple of games on line 1v1 where the rosters were not updated, so i played with the bulls with Rose in it (to my surprise and that of my opponents). No need to say Rose is a f beast in this game.

I traded in 2 games for NBA 2K13 a few weeks ago but I still haven't touched it, it's still wrapped in plastic. Having second thoughts about sports game with less and less time to play... Should I at least try this game or just sell it as new?

If I do try, is there a reasonable difficulty level for someone who hasn't touched an NBA game for over 10 years?
Not absolute beginner, but something that will make me lose a realistic amount of games in regular season, but at the same time won't frustrate me?

I traded in 2 games for NBA 2K13 a few weeks ago but I still haven't touched it, it's still wrapped in plastic. Having second thoughts about sports game with less and less time to play... Should I at least try this game or just sell it as new?

If I do try, is there a reasonable difficulty level for someone who hasn't touched an NBA game for over 10 years?
Not absolute beginner, but something that will make me lose a realistic amount of games in regular season, but at the same time won't frustrate me?

try professional, if too easy then superstar.

it's by far the best sport game out there and you can keep things simple enough by sticking to the button shooting,
L1 for pick and roll and maybe try to post up now and there with triangle. i am starting to try some call players right now, after hundreds of games...(i found some decent ones for sg and sf to get them to shoot from distance).

P.S. For those playing Nba today:
i have the house strangely free for a few hours and i didn't manage to rent any new game so if anybody fancies to team up and play bulls-miami against the cpu or memphis okc, i'll be on line for a few hours.

try professional, if too easy then superstar.

it's by far the best sport game out there and you can keep things simple enough by sticking to the button shooting,
L1 for pick and roll and maybe try to post up now and there with triangle. i am starting to try some call players right now, after hundreds of games...(i found some decent ones for sg and sf to get them to shoot from distance).

i have the house strangely free for a few hours and i didn't manage to rent any new game so if anybody fancies to team up and play bulls-miami against the cpu or memphis okc, i'll be on line for a few hours.

Okay buddy, we can play this some other time. But first I'll have to get the hang of it and learn how to play this thing again. Then I can try playing online without embarrassing myself :D

Oh so you were the guy I was playing with, sorry for the terrible play with Lillard :P

I barely play online, and always use play % instead of release time, so I could not find Lillard's release. Though I did pretty nice with KD and Rip Hamilton.

But I dont think I enjoy online, mostly because of the frame drops, its awful.

don't worry, i got raped by mj on the first game so i shall not mention your 1/13 with lillard...

anyway team up vs other people is a bit of a mess, but the bulls miami game vs the cpu was great fun and ur hamilton made me jump from the chair a couple of times with his 3es on lbj face! the other guy was good too.

i guess we should get a couple of more people and try some other play off match ups vs the cpu. playing with other people is always more fun!

we should get together on sat or sund for a couple of multiplayer games.

i already coop with drekkard and sauce, so if anyone is interested we could either play vs AI or, if there are 4-5 of us, even try some proper on line gaming (but for that we need a full team, playing with random people in ur team just makes the game a mess as people don't respect their role/position).

anyway i need to understand more about call play in coop mode, it's pretty difficult to coordinate the whole thing with other people (especially since i have no headphones).

Hey buddy it was a good try last night. I am mostly a single player guy buy it was nice to play online. It was hard to get used to it, specially the shooting timing and the dribling and passing against a harde CPU, but towards the end we were getting in the flow and once we sort out our game we will perform much better. At least I will, I promise.

So I'll try to play more with you when we meet there!

we had some great fun games. It's always better to play with some buddies!

if anyone wants to team up, we are in need of sg, sf and another big men!

Ai is a bitch though, it sticks 2 ur ass like glue!!

some good games last nights lads, even if my reflexes at 02.00 aren't exaclty very sharp. Sauce had an epic last sec 3 to force overtime...!

anyway me feeling is that all star might be slightly too easy, we shall try to beat the Ai on superstart or hof, maybe at an earlier hours in the week end and against mediocre teams!

Main issues are rebounds and those inside passes which are very difficult to intercept (i had a few steals but it's really hard, if u miss the right time ur man goes out of position)

anyway, great fun, too bad there is no on line coop association!

It was good, but I'm not sure I like playing online.

The CPU runs full throttle, while you have frame drops. And I'm feeling its impossible to get right releases online. I was releasing pretty fast but getting late everytime.

Maybe I'm just too used to playing offline with sliders, but with you guys I'll definitely keep trying the online and learn how to play at that pace again.

try to host and see whether things are better.

i put simulation settings, not sure that put real% in the on line games.
anyway my guess is that superstar is the right dif for the time being!

Anway i though ur chandler/amar kicked asses, we could have won that game...AI cheated and quit lol!

Back
Top Bottom