NBA 2k13 - news, videos

Been playing this game like a LOT on the holidays, hours and hours per day, several games of my association and my career.

I just can't find the proper difficulty, I changed it too Superstar and the AI plays great defense, but boy do they make the shots, had two games versus the Knicks, where in both 1st quarter they've scored more than 35 :CONFUSE:

The away game I've manage to win, thanks to insane 3s in last two quarters, but Melo scored like 40 something, while I won the game with a Klay Thompson buzzer beater :P My first buzzer winner since 2K11 in a non my player game, but the score I think was 137-134, absolutely ridiculous, even for a Golden State vs Knicks game.

The second game at Oracle Arena, they've came with the runaway train again in the first half, something like a 60-60 game, Melo going nuts, no double team stopping him, 3s everywhere, steals everywhere, Novak would reach every freaking pass, coming from nowhere and jumping across the court to deflect my passes.

Then I had the brilliant idea to change coach profile and up zone defense for 50, and that was it, lovely 3rd quarter, a realistic scorebox, like 25-15, still in the fourth they went nuts again.

But long story short I gotta change some sliders ASAP, those high scoring games are just ridiculous. The fouls one, contesting shots, defensive, rebounds I've already changed and they are great.
Only two thing that bothers me are the far too many shots going in and the damn steals, its like they tip everything, they are even blocking pump fakes every crucial time now.
Should I edit hands? hustle? playing passing lanes? I have no idea how to improve this.

Grab sliders from operation sports

I visit there once in a while, but never for sliders though.

Anyway I was visiting this thread and thought: Hey so cpu level affects STATS :SHOCK: That's why Hall of Fame is so ridiculous, every player have +10 in speed for example. There are also boost from the runs, from those cheesy special cards and the cpu level. That just make everybody a 99.

After reading some more, I decided to change my association to Regular and boost the CPU myself via sliders. My idea was to boost their mental values, like offensive awareness and increase their tendencies to contest/make shots and a bunch of stuff that makes regular too easy.
It just made the game so wonderful! The pace difference is just ridiculous. I also decreased my shot % on the sliders to make it more realistic. I'm still trying to find the perfect balance, but its already much much better and fair.

The terrible news though. Is that after I edited the sliders the game is not giving me VC. And that sucks really bad, to play 1 hour games and win zero VC sucks. You probably can only edit the sliders once. I don't really know, but its the 3rd association this happens. I play loads of games then one quick slider edit and VC is gone.

But fuck it, I rather start one all over again, having actual fun and not becoming a cheeser, cause cpu was making me cheese with those inside passes and every little gameplay flaw I could abuse. Now I'm a simulator again. I might simulate the first season though and see how it goes.

I always play like that, Sauce, though I play in AllStar level and found the balance of sliders that works for me. I have slightly high percentages too, ending 120-110 my games, but that is also because I run great plays and find very good shots most of the time. In the pursuit of realism I will eventually not h down shooting sliders a bit, but by now I'm enjoying the ride a lot.

Another way of improving difficulty without being cheesy is just choosing a worse team.

And to decrease a bit the effectiveness of superstars, play with stamina and manually put Melo in the fridge now and then. I play with the aim of having all the roster morale over 75, so I have to distribute minutes a lot.
Even with the obvious niggles that you end up finding in the game, it is a masterpiece.

I'm having a cinderella story at the playoffs with Golden State.
Everybody knows Western conference is though, with our record we would be 2nd seed on the east, but we are only 6th on the west.

Anyway, first round we get the Clippers, but luckily they had no Griffin due to an injury.
Every game came down to the wire, but they had zero offense on the paint, Odom was awful and once I figured out how to stop their mid range cheese we won the series.

Second round we are about to get spurs, but they end up loosing to Denver, again we manage to win thanks to a very struggling Lawson, he just would not drive or shoot.
Gallo and Iggy were going nuts, but once I stopped those two we won the series again. Oh and Wilson Chandler was missing from the squad I don't know why.

Now on the conference finals, something crazy happened on the first round and the Trail Blazers beat OKC, then they went to face the Lakers, who had a terrible start like real life cause I used the 'today' date to start the association, but still managed to get the 4th seed with wins all over the place.
But surprise when I sim the series the Blazers manage to win by 4-2. I still have not played a single game of the conference finals, but it gotta have something great about the Blazers, so I decide to check their roster and another cinderella thing happens, LaMarcus Aldridge is out for 2-4 weeks, got injured in the LAL series.

Its one of those stories that everything happens in your favor, now lets hope I can beat the Blazers and hopefully face the Heat, I only want the Heat cause they've lost Wade halfway trough the season for like 6-8 months.
But the east playoffs are going crazy as well, almost every series is going to game 6 or 7 and the finals is Heat vs Knicks.

Oh and to complete my luck lately, Bogut got injured on the first game versus Clippers, while Curry had an ankle injury on the first versus Denver, but luckily they went 'only' day-to-day. Which make me struggle a bit on those two series as well.

All of that I'm playing like I stated one post above, I didn't had to restart, cause it went back to give VC.

Just received an email from Steam informing me that this game is 50% off (now £12.49) until 6pm GMT on 7th March.

So if any PC players haven't got this now is a good time.

I play 82, anything feels weird.

I try and match the NBA week, a few games a week, maybe one game (12 minute quarters) a day and then two or three more on the weekend but My Player is damn addictive and I'm chasing that ring.

I play 82 as well, but everytime I get tired and start again I go with the 'start today' feature. Its awesome cause give you realistic stats and standings, but have a few issues as well, such as everybody recovers from the 'today' injuries and sometimes the season awards mess up, like LeBron getting 6th man of the season.

i usually go with the shortest season. it's all about the po!

anyway as i said many time, i'd really love to match up with some of you and play either AI or some abusive teen agers on line...

I'm prob gonna go with the 40 game one. The games will mean more. Gonna go with a terrible team and try to make them a contender as already done associations with top teams like the heat, lakers, and Knicks.

i was happy to see nba2k13 was the most downloaded game on psn in february. gotta say i can hardly put it down, the game is phenomenal.

Okay before I start just want to know what roster everyone is using on ps3 as I don't ill ever make a custom one like I did last year. Way too much work.

I just use the roster updates that 2k gives. Then tweak the shoes and that's it.

+1. and when i start an association i just download the draft staff.

even if i mostly play 1v1 on line.

i am still learning a few tricks here and there, even if the game should put in a robust mode to learn everything in a story mode, like in nba 2k7.

Attention to details is amusing, the other for san patricks there was a special scoreboard and unis.

i can't go back to fifa or pes.

I use bedwardsroy19 from OS roster. But I tweak a lot of players myself. I hate to have overrated players in my roster, like Corey Maggette who doesnt even play but still a 72.
Currently I'm using a rating calculator thing to adjust 3PT%, FT%, passing, rebounds and steals. I love the standard it has, reducing offensive rebounds and steals from a LOT of players. I find these two to be the most overrated attributes in the game, no wonder every inside pass get stolen, everyone has like 60 something in steal. Same for offensive rebounds there are a lot of players with ridiculous high rating there.
But to edit every player is a pain, I started 1 week ago and still on Boston Celtics.
Though I think I'll probably going to make it, just to have players with worse overalls makes the association way better, not every player asks for minutes and big contracts.
I don't know why but I can never find a way to go over the salary cap, its like there is no hard cap for user controlled teams, I always end up with load of rookies.

How many seasons do you usually get up to in association before you restart? I'm thinking about doing a fantasy draft with the draft order decided by the amount of Nba titles a franchise has won. So the Celtics would have the 1 pick.

How many seasons do you usually get up to in association before you restart? I'm thinking about doing a fantasy draft with the draft order decided by the amount of Nba titles a franchise has won. So the Celtics would have the 1 pick.

I usually sim the current one and play just one after it, playing it two years from now its weird, specially with some rosters around, everybody becomes a 80 something asking for too much money and you can never find a way around the salary cap.

I'm still going on the roster edit, I'm on Jazz now and I think I might finish it in two weeks maybe.

Been testing the teams I already edited and the gameplay feels great, players that are dominant rebounders and shot blockers are dominant for real, passing and stealing feels more fair too.
But then I've read on OS that a lot of people are finding the gameplay better since the latest roster update, maybe its not my edits that changed anything after all. I'm quite happy with this game now though, getting a lot of clear blocks, even some blocks using the glass and with user controlled players :SHOCK:
Not sure if I'm a better player now, if there was a gameplay tweak or if was my roster edits, anyway maybe its a result of the three, but been a good game to play lately since my beloved BF3 is dying.

I usually sim the current one and play just one after it, playing it two years from now its weird, specially with some rosters around, everybody becomes a 80 something asking for too much money and you can never find a way around the salary cap.

I'm still going on the roster edit, I'm on Jazz now and I think I might finish it in two weeks maybe.

Been testing the teams I already edited and the gameplay feels great, players that are dominant rebounders and shot blockers are dominant for real, passing and stealing feels more fair too.
But then I've read on OS that a lot of people are finding the gameplay better since the latest roster update, maybe its not my edits that changed anything after all. I'm quite happy with this game now though, getting a lot of clear blocks, even some blocks using the glass and with user controlled players :SHOCK:
Not sure if I'm a better player now, if there was a gameplay tweak or if was my roster edits, anyway maybe its a result of the three, but been a good game to play lately since my beloved BF3 is dying.

I agree. I've been editing potential as way too many guys develop into the high 80s. Salary demands are connected to a players overall rating.

Bought this yesterday for 360 - I am awful :SHOCK: I need tips really, really badly. This is a lot more difficult than 2k12.

Bought this yesterday for 360 - I am awful :SHOCK: I need tips really, really badly. This is a lot more difficult than 2k12.

pick and roll for offense.
in d stay close, don't jump on fakes, use l2 in some position.

team match up on line can be very useful for having fun and learning different positions.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my player finally won the title (with Miami) but I wasn't happy because they traded for me but played me out of position (Lebron too) for the whole season. I stayed professional and accepted it but during the off season they gave D Wade a new contract so I had no choice but to ask for a trade.

I looked around before hand and would have been happy with any of Denver, Golden State or the Timberwolves. Eventually I was traded to the latter, I was happy with that, I thought I was finally going to be playing with a good PG (Chalmers is awful) but the idiots at Minnesota traded Rubio and Sved for me. So now Miami are even stronger.

:BRICK:

Now I'm stuck, Kevin Love isn't sure he's going to sign an extension and I certainly won't commit longterm if he doesn't re sign.

I hope they finally fix the logic (and many other things) in this mode, on a separate note I may finally play a decent amount of Association now.

I forced a trade from the Hornets as a PG & now I'm in LA with the Lakers. I'm doing good, averaging 21.4 PPG, 5.6 RPG & 6.9 APG. My only problem is my turnovers which is at 2.9 PG but something to improve.

The A.I. is stupid with it's points in the paint. Just beat Houston in OT, (I hit the game winner :D), and they had around 80 points in the paint scoring 113 total. Difficulty is Superstar/Simulation and Dwight Howard's been injured with a broken jaw but still, that is fucking ridiculous :SHOCK:

The sliders don't apply to my player, stupid decision by 2K.

You can change the mode to simulation but doesn't change much, upping the difficulty will increase the challenge and games play out in a more realistic fashion.

HoF is a bitch though. any shitty def moves and u get killed by the AI.

anyone wants a 1v1 game on line? i am tired of people who takes lebron and melo, never pass the ball and score a zillion bs point even with 2 defenders on them. or those who walks in circles around the 3 line with ray allen.

Back
Top Bottom