NBA 2k13 - news, videos

Is online finally 60 fps on PS3?

Is online finally 60 fps on PS3?

no idea. it surely light years btter than the previous ones. but give it a try with us, we need a 4th mate!

sauce:
what sliders are u using? i am looking for sliders to slow down the pace a bit.

When I'm back online I'll join you guys.

I don't use any specific, ever since I discovered how the difficulty affects the attributes I play on the difficulty that doesn't affect them, I think its pro.
I know it may sound like its going to be easy but I bump almost everything for the CPU but the attributes, they have high shot success, high defensive settings, high tendencies to shot/attack/contest and I increase every foul for both, except reaching of course.
The game doesn't feel very fast for me with all speed attributes on 50, there is only one attribute I put 45, its vertical, I think they jump way too high.

But there is a major thing on my offline gameplay though, that's the roster, I took as base a roster I don't remember now, but the guy who made it, had high 'hands' and low 'consistency' for almost every player, that changes the dynamic of the gameplay a lot.
Then I went to the trouble of using a rating calculator, which you can find in OS forums, and I edited almost every player with the help of this tool.
You would be surprised how many players have overrated steal and rebound in this game, its ridiculous, that's why every big men rebound like Reggie Evans and intercept every pass.

I'd said I'm very happy with the combination of sliders/roster I got, though these days I'm outscoring every team, so I might bump the CPU a bit more.

On the simulation the results are a blast, its getting real life like stats for most players and their market value is more realistic as well.

Last edited:
after almost 8 months of playing this game (pc version) i must admit that cpu cheats as hell.

it also cheated in previous installments, but in this 2k13 level of cpu cheating is frustrating. i guess patch that we never got for pc would've fixed some of the issues and frustrations. let's hope for better 2k14.

i'll be around a couple of years in the afternoon, so if anyone wants to team up...

concercing Cheating cpu: i really don't notice much of that. D gets tight in the 4th quarters that's for sure. The game doesn't reward shit passing and if u leave AI wide open chances are they kill u, but overall when i play good d i usually win games.

The CPU gets speed and strength boosted progressively in the matches. That's too obvious. But the game reamains to be fun and a blast when we coop.

My problem is when Conley can't outrun Splitter or you do a good pass to an open space and by the time Marc Gasol umpts to the rim 3 defenders arrive and block him. It's just too much stretching by the CPU AI and I don't feel happy at all when it happens.

The game would be perfect if it weren't for all those boostings that make no sense and only serve to balance things in favor of the CPU. A fair and good sports game should NEVER affect player stats, because at the end it's a travesty, a farse. Today we played with the Dream Team and Splitter, Green and Leonard from the Spurs were raping our CPU-managed Jordan, Barkley and Robinson. I couldn't outrun anyone with Stockton, and when Magic collided with Parker, it was Parker that bounced me away.

It's a pitty because it makes a perfect game turn only a good game. There's no need for that, but sadly developers prefer the lazy and easy approach of just boosting things. If I want a difficult game I will pick the Hornets against the Dream Team. If a pick the Dream Team, I want to feel superior to any other team and stats shouldn't be toyed with.

i think i'm gonna quit this cheap cpu cheating game and play less frustration 2k12 game again with its great mods like ultimate base roster by hawk23 from nba-live.com.

i never got so much frustration with nba 2k game like this one. i even had to lower difficulty, which i NEVER did on 2k9, 2k10, 2k11 or 2k12.

ehi lads, we should get together and play a couple of indiana miami...we need to beat the f out of those floppers before the big game tonite!

Added a bunch of PSN ID's from this thread. I'm on shutdown this week so hopefully I can find you guys and get some games in.

Added a bunch of PSN ID's from this thread. I'm on shutdown this week so hopefully I can find you guys and get some games in.

drekkard and i already played game 1 of the final...we beat miami by 6 points, dif superstar, 6 minutes game. drekkard is a hell of a pg, i am an ok forward.

we tried hall of fame but it's nearly impossibile, cpu doesn't miss a shot and passes are intercepted all the time.

Well, I'm a hell of a PG when I'm playing with Parker and you make the right pick and rolls, and it depends on the match. I've had terrible games as well and I do too many turnovers. There are days that you're on fire in the post and dominate the paint and days that I score more than assist. I'm enjoying a lot superstar difficulty, which I think it's almost the right difficulty to play like we do.

HOF difficulty cheats too much and it's not fun at all, it doesn't matter what you do and defenders are telepaths so you end up not playing nice bball.

I'm having al ot of fun playing with Issidingo, mainly because everyone focuses on his duties (with more or less luck) and we try to play as a team, if someone is hot we take profit of it, and we can change tactics and try different teams, which feel completely different (unlike in footy games).

I had always been cautious towards online play, but playing coop against the CPU like this with people that likes to play the same way it's a blast. Truly enjoyable!

PS: So, come to the team, you lazy asses! :P

On line Coop Association would be the shit, so we could actually play a real season. Maybe next year 2k will include it.

Another thing is being able to subs cpu controlled players, same goes for the CPU controlled team: they should make subs. When i play vs Miami i wanna see Ray Allen and the bird man come in at the end of the quarter.

Other than that the game coop is a blast as u get that extra motivation i always find missing in Single Player!!!

We just need to play a bit earlies than 03.00..

Last edited by a moderator:
2K14 we be on next gen (day 1) and Lebron is on the cover

In related news NBA Live 14 will only be on PS4 and Xbox One.

That team is in a much deeper than hole than Konami ever were with PES compared to its rival.

Last edited:
drekkard and i already played game 1 of the final...we beat miami by 6 points, dif superstar, 6 minutes game. drekkard is a hell of a pg, i am an ok forward.

we tried hall of fame but it's nearly impossibile, cpu doesn't miss a shot and passes are intercepted all the time.
Cool. I will be joining you guys soon. Stay away from hall of fame bro. all star level at most.

My recommendation for those of you still playing online and offline (All Star, Superstar, HOF). Build your own playbook. You can start with these gems down below:

Rockets PB- CNR Backdoor
Rockets PB - ROCK QUICK

Double Fade - Raptors PB
Horns Action - Raptors PB
angel quick screen - Raptors PB

Hawk 4 up - Bulls PB

IB HIGH POST - 76ers PB

Zipper Screen - Bobcats PB

15 Cav Alley - Suns PB

Last edited:
we had a frustrating session with tons of disconnection.

anyway, 2 people can play superstar, 3 or more maybe need to lower it to all star.

we'll explore some plays, it just gets bit confusing in coop as there are tons of signs and i am never sure which one is mine.

I'd be happy to have a full coop team vs AI, so maybe this week end we can manage that.

I think we need to run some plays as well, even if we mistake our position the CPU guys will at least move.

Spacing is a 2K13 issue though, we are trying to spread the floor, but too often they crowd the lane, its annoying and one of the things that must change in 2K14.

Who's playing PG and what playbook are you guys using?

me and drekkard played quite a few games together. we mostly go pick and roll, iso, some transition and post up (depending on the teams we use, we change teams all the time). we usually go drk pg and i choose pf or C. really tons of fun.

we haven't tried any play so far. not sure how it works when there are 3-4 people playing together. It could be complicated to have 3-4 people having to make the right moves with tons of signs on the court.

generally speaking pLaying the Ai as sg and sf is a bit of a pain as the defender sticks very close to u so in that case u probably needs some plays or mate to make smart screen.

anyway sauce is right about spacing, the game sometimes goes into "mess mode": there are overcrowded areas and passing lanes are really tough.

it's a great game but there are millions of improvements still so i am very much looking forward to 2k14.

Are you guys still playing online?

I'll be back online on Tuesday, I'm extremely rusty though, I haven't played the game for nearly three months because of the VC crap.

i am in for some coop games. maybe we can get 4-5 people together. i am out of town till wednesday though.

I've put a bunch of REAL cyber faces on 2k share. Just search by my psn ID
AgentNL7 to download them.

Available Cyber faces
Chris webber
Steve Francis
Eric snow
Young wilt chamberlain
Christian laettner
Charles Barkley
Jalen rose
Jamal mashburn
Glen rice
Donyell Marshall
Nick van exel
Steve smith

Must say, this game is terrible online, all everyone does is use speed bursts and hit 3's all day, no matter how close you are in there face, they will make 50% of them and delay is annoying.

Glad this game has good offline, online is this game's biggest fault due to servers and way people play, no one i've played yet try anything different but speed burst and 3's.

i lost a bit the motivation to play since the season is over. only way to play on line is to team up with other friends vs ai. oterwise there is cheese everywhere, even worse than the 3es are those inside passes impossibile to intercept and easy baskets, or james dunking in traffic 99% of the time. i guess i'll wait for october and the new game.

eventually i sold the game, couple of months off will motivate me to buy 2k14 (unless some footie game will be back in full shape). A very solid year for 2k though, i literally spent half my gaming hours on 2k13.

Back
Top Bottom