NBA 2k13 - news, videos

it has indeed, had 2 games, got destroyed first game as wasn't used to right stick dribble but picked up 2nd game and just lost out 12-11

feel's a bit slower/more fluid, not long now til release

played a quick demo game this morning, it felt absolutely brilliant. more tonite.

I kind of hate it because they didn't enable play calling.

Can't wait for release after watching demo videos. Players look alot heavier and colisions, players speed differences makes more sense now. PC version online will have full graphics as well according to their tweets.

i agree, it is just thousand years ahead of 2k11 and 2k12 in terms of players weight and physics. Visual and Sound are also superb, they took away that cartoony feeling of 2k12. It almost feels like you are in the arena.

And right stick moves is amusing. I never once pass a defender with a body move in 2k11 and 2k12 (amateur level for me) but i could istantly do that in 2k13.

Gotta say, going back to pes and fifa after a few games is gonna be shocking!

P.S.
player calling is never in the demo

Lebron is a beast, Russell Westbrook blows by people just like real life and KD creates space for himself very well.

Its going to take some time getting used the the dribble stick again but without a doubt the best thing for me is the manual bounce pass. :WORSHIP:

i tried it on line but people abuse the "board dunk". it would be nice to know how to do it!

My friend told me the game is going to be available on the playstation store.
If its true I will definitely get it cause its gonna be slightly cheaper for me.

My friend told me the game is going to be available on the playstation store.
If its true I will definitely get it cause its gonna be slightly cheaper for me.

Resident Evil 6
(Available for download on October 2nd – $59.99)

NBA 2K13
(Available for download on October 2nd – $59.99/$53.99 for PS Plus members, with pre-order)*

Dishonored
(Available for download on October 9th – $59.99/$53.99 for PS Plus members, with pre-order)*

DOOM 3: BFG Edition
(Available for download on October 16th – $39.99/$35.99 for PS Plus members, with pre-order)*

007: Legends
(Available for download on October 16th – $59.99)+

Medal Of Honor: Warfighter
(Available for download on October 23rd – $59.99)

Need For Speed: Most Wanted
(Available for download on October 30th – $59.99/$53.99 for PS Plus members, with pre-order)*

Assassin’s Creed III
(Available for download on October 30th – $59.99)*

Oh man the controls, I have not even managed to control all the moves in 2K12 like you're supposed to.
I just had a few games and I did almost everything with just luck, zero control so far :LOL: my shots are terrible.
But it felt good anyway...

Edit: YouTube - NBA 2K13 Demo - 2K Camera Offline & Fooling With Kinect!

That kinect thing looked amazing, not to mention the speed bursts with Lebron completely beating the defender!

Last edited:
I wasn't going to buy this year's edition, because I was very disappointed with some aspects of 2k12. And then I played the 2k13 demo and I'm instantly sold on this new version. They seem to have addressed all the things that bothered me, and the gameplay is miles better than any other 2K in all aspects.

Mainly, the movement of players, the fundamentals, now are amazing. Speed, weight, positioning, everything seems to be reworked a lot. The way player dribble, drive to the basket, even the screens.. it looks and feels very realistic and simple to perform. I just spent a full quarter moving around to see how everything worked. Pure class.

And the right stick controls are great, once you get used to it it's second nature.

So, I will definitely buy it at the end, because this has written GOTY everywhere. Presentation is great as well, much better than before, and things like stealing have been improved (you can "feel" you go for the ball). And the ball physics, the new bouncing passes, the way bodies collide in the air and the reactions of players. Just amazing stuff.

Seems that 2K are back to take the crown.

It might actually be the Best Sport Game of this generation.

I wish there was a set of controls though, it really bothered me that people kept dunking by passing the ball on the board or halleyhoops. Any idea how to do that?

I had an amazing moment with LJ, cut the defense like buttered and hammered a reversed dunk with all his power. The 3d physical feeling is stunning.

I also love the fact that passing and shooting takes more time like in real life.

And presentation wise...the video of the arena with cars and stuff...very nice.

I guess i gotta preorder it to get the full version!

Sauce, you will play My player and you will be hooked.

I'm going to make a concious effort to pull myself away from it and also play Association, looking forward to a new look PHX.

Hehe I will try hard to not put my efforts in My Player as well, cause it just consumes too many hours and it keeps getting harder and worse trough your career.

In 2K11 I played Association a lot more and its just a more rewarding and realistic mode, it will be my focus on 2K13.

But yes its looking good and I'm scared to be hooked again...

i played a lot on line last night. it really felt sensational even if i stink at the game. I love how when you are at free throw line against the home team everything shakes ahaha!

I had a missed dunk that was even more excting than a real one.

Loving playing with the thunders! I think i am gonna use classic utah jazz on line!

So what extras do we get if we preorder the game? all star week end?

No idea, but the game on pc on max setting will probably look like the real thing. On ps3 crowd is low res but the rest is absolutely phenomenal. I have the same "wow" feeling i had with uncharted presentation wise.

I just need to learn to defend in the post.

I've had real problems with NBA2k12 on the pc. The game looks fantastic on high settings but getting it to run smoothly is the problem. With v-sync on I get screen tear (?) and with it off the game looks like it's running at about 10fps. Really odd because the performance benchmark shows the game running at about 150fps.

Therefore I'm interested to see how the game runs this year. Last year's game felt like a buggy console port that 2k couldn't be bothered to optimise for pc.

Maybe they'll do a Konami and release it on Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom