NBA 2k13 - news, videos

i disagree. i kept nba 2k11 with 2012 rosters (i didn't like 2012 at all). True that 2k13 is a bit too generous on the offensive side, but in transition, right stick ball handling, animations and physicality is way superior to nba2k11.

And then again you can always alter the game with sliders.

i'd say nba2k13 is probably the best sport game of the ps3/360 generation.

+1, and I would add that passing is much much better than 2k11 and speed is a factor, much better again than in 2k11. The only thing 2k11 has that 2k13 don't is the Jordan challenges.

But gameplay-wise, is the best sports game I've ever played, no question about it.

+1, and I would add that passing is much much better than 2k11 and speed is a factor, much better again than in 2k11. The only thing 2k11 has that 2k13 don't is the Jordan challenges.

But gameplay-wise, is the best sports game I've ever played, no question about it.

drekkard what sliders are you using? Man i would love to play you chaps on line but you all seem to be ps3 guys

I'm exaggerating but the game is worth it purely for the manual bounce pass.

drekkard what sliders are you using? Man i would love to play you chaps on line but you all seem to be ps3 guys

I'm playing on a variation of the "Simulator" default setting of the game. Only reduced slightly shooting, reduced a bit shots and dunks in traffic and upped fouls, specially charging fouls. And reduced speed by only 1 or 2 points.

But the game is great, I'm starting an Association with the Pacers and I can really spread my game. I do open shots, plays, pick and rolls, post moves, and attacking the basket with Granger and Hill. I never had the feeling of freedom to attack differently every time as I have in this game.

And I'm getting better at defending, which really opens the game a lot. Got raped by Derrick Rose and the Bulls, though, which is great. Rose kept driving in as he does in real life, getting and ones and destroying my defending efforts. Next game, I managed to beat the Bobcats by 20.

There is no clutch option to disable this year, but up to now, I'm not feeling all games have rubber band effect. Some may have, but I've played some very relaxed games in which I have dominated and the opponent never got into god mode.

I had my first breakout game (2nd start) in My Player today, in the first half Deron Williams was abusing me and their backcourt dominated the boards. However in the third quarter they got complacent and we (76ers) took advantage. We slowly clawed our way back from 18 points behind and got within two points.

At this point we were locked in on both ends and Brooklyn couldn't get back into a rhythm. In the fourth Evan Turner hop steps for a layup but misses, I anticipated the miss, got the rebound and kicked it out... (Mike Breen) "Jason Richardson for three - BANG!"

I paused the game, leapt out of my seat and nearly broke my controller. I slowed the game down and we didn't let them back in. I finished the game with 19 assists and now Magic Johnson is a fan.

:DANCE:

I'm playing on a variation of the "Simulator" default setting of the game. Only reduced slightly shooting, reduced a bit shots and dunks in traffic and upped fouls, specially charging fouls. And reduced speed by only 1 or 2 points.

But the game is great, I'm starting an Association with the Pacers and I can really spread my game. I do open shots, plays, pick and rolls, post moves, and attacking the basket with Granger and Hill. I never had the feeling of freedom to attack differently every time as I have in this game.

And I'm getting better at defending, which really opens the game a lot. Got raped by Derrick Rose and the Bulls, though, which is great. Rose kept driving in as he does in real life, getting and ones and destroying my defending efforts. Next game, I managed to beat the Bobcats by 20.

There is no clutch option to disable this year, but up to now, I'm not feeling all games have rubber band effect. Some may have, but I've played some very relaxed games in which I have dominated and the opponent never got into god mode.
i just did a game with tombas settings. The biggest wow moment is that i was john wall and i did the alley oop and he FUCKING THREW AGAINST THE BACKBOARD TO HIMSELF, unfortunatley he missed. I almost pissed my pants when i saw that. I feel tombas might be too slow of sliders. The game is silky smooth.

Been playing that blacktop to earn VC and sometimes I don't get any VC at all, and that's happening with association as well, sometimes its like it doesn't connect to 2K, I don't know, but I might play a full year of association to start a my player with lots of VC.

Anyway that's not why I wanted to make the post, I really wanna talk about Michael Jordan, I bought the early 90's one and holy crap he is absurdly amazing, the way he makes unbalanced layups feel so balanced and in control is awesome, and there are so many animations, every layup feels different. In the other games he was amazing but now is just too good to be true, you feel the GOAT now and thats how I want my player to be :P Although I saw that his package costs 5000 VC so I will need to play a lot of association to get it.

Debating whether or not I should get this for the ps3 or xbox 360. I have two hdtvs but only a hdmi cable for ps3. I wanna grab the 360 vers solely for the hex edit rosters on operation sports.

I got traded to the Lakers because Doug Collins lost his mind and moved me to SG on a permanent basis. The playoff exit is all his fault.

My Player has improved a lot but there are still some frustrations. I had to play the entire fourth quarter in a blow out while the other starters got a rest on the bench. My guy was almost on his knees during FTs but no matter the situation, you have to play your scheduled minutes.

The rebounding needs to be patched ASAP.

Brilliant, thanks guys. Fancied having a read of this thread yesterday... then a look at YouTube... now I have to have this game :D

Found a PC key for £14, so I'll get it later I reckon.

I`m probably not going to get this years game guys. I was one of the few who enjoyed 2k12 so why upgrade if I still enjoy last years version? It would make no sense.

I`m probably not going to get this years game guys. I was one of the few who enjoyed 2k12 so why upgrade if I still enjoy last years version? It would make no sense.

sell 2k12 and buy 2k13. worth, really.

Anyway: i still can't dunk when i stand, most people on line do. what am i supposed to do.

Second: how do you defende on line against strong centres? I have no idea. they kill me all the time.

I love when u get the preload screen who tells info about how ur opponent plays. Lag seems fine this time around. no problem.

anyway, if anyone fancy a game in the week end...i warn you i am not that good.

To do a standing dunk, I press R2 (on my ps3) and square (shoot button). And if the player has the apropiate attributes, he dunks. It works perfectly for me.

I haven't plaed much online as first I prefer to learn the game. I'm terrible at dribbling (both offensive and defensive) so if anyone finds me online, you can invite me to a match and most probably win! Let's hope lag stays on acceptable levels.

thanks, i guess i never used R2. does it have other purposes?

And what about a 5v5? is it fun?

it's a 3v3 online, first to 21 pretty much

it's a quicker way to get vc, sometimes it can be quite good but alot of the time, everyone just ball hog's.

loving the "run the best play option".

I download a spanish commentaty but no idea how to select it in game. any hint?

Amount of customization in this game is almost too much.

Hi guys, I'm planning on buying a laptop, since my old pc crashed. I was wondering if I can run NBA 2K13 smoothly on the one I'm nudging towards buying. These are the specifications:

CPU-type Intel Pentium Dual Core P6200 2,13GHz
Videochip Intel HD Graphics
RAM 4GB
Storage capacity 320GB

I hope these specifications are enough to let me know.
Thanks!

It won't run game fluently. 30-40fps with all low/off video settings at best. Don't buy if you expect to play any games on it.

For nba 2k13 you need laptop something like intel i3 cpu and nvidia 630m/amd 7670m gpu minimum to play at 60fps and high settings.

I had some fun 5v5 games on line, but how on earth can i defend against fast players? they own me all the time.

is there a way to stay close to them?

Change your defensive settings, its best not to play everyone tight though, you'll just get picked off.

Change your defensive settings, its best not to play everyone tight though, you'll just get picked off.

5v5 on line has no defensive settings. i just can't follow fast players.

Anyway is anyone interested in playing on line? dunno match about setting up leagues or games.

Any of you having games that you don't earn any VC at all?
Sometimes its like the connections fails, other it just load the VC synch but nothing cash in.
It's so frustating to play 10/12min quarters games to win 0 VC.

it would be nice to create a team on line and play some 5v5. i am a half decent PF, cant' play as a guard though, my d is a joke vs fast players.

Back
Top Bottom