Kinect

well i thought i was a poor dancer. Dance central has confirmed that. FFs that was embarrising having the mrs and son laughing at me

If they can detect the wrist movement and fingers etc, then it will be amazing, hopefully it is possible.

Dance Central is funny when you do the freestyle and then they play back the video at super speed :LOL:

By the way, is there a place where all your videos pics get stored automatically? or do you you have to manually do it yourself.

I skipped past the bit about videos, but it sounds like on some anybody can see your videos? but how if I don't upload them somewhere?

They get saved locally, then you can choose to upload them to a website, I think it's http://www.kinectshare.com or something? I haven't visited the site yet but I believe there's an option in there to share with Facebook too.

Dance Central seems very hit and miss sometimes. I've just been doing "Break It Down" and practicing moves, I get a Flawless rating for the move, but no tick for it?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Dags.

Shit thing about my house is that I can't go mental on the running games as the floor starts going mental. So I'm afraid the guy downstairs ceiling will crack or the plaster might fall in. Tried Javelin but I couldn't go mental and so didn't throw it very far. Have to give those a rest until I can play it upstairs so I'm only damaging my house :DD

Just played more bowling and some table tennis. They really do need to detect wrist movements for spin. Wii was much better in that respect.

If you dont wanna make noise just run and jump on your toes

All you flat footed fuckers make all the noise :)

its all about how high you get your knees up for the running.

i can see how you would want to get carried away and let loose though

Tried the Mel B fitness one, definitely the least impressive, it doesn't really track your precise exercising just your speed of movement and it counts her reps not yours, so you could do 2x the amount of exercise Mel B is doing and it can still basically say you're not doing enough. Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout is definitely ahead so far for the fitness programs, hopefully the two main ones will arrive next week so I can try them out :)

How do you share your videos on dance central? I can see it just after I have done it, but it has no option to upload or share? I can't seem to find the menu to view them all after either?

Also on sports, how do I see all of my friends scores on each activity? I can see the person with the highest score but that is it?

I only noticed the scores scrolling along the bottom when selecting a mini game. It is a good motivator to give it another try.

when you play online does the other person see you through the kinect cam?

How do you share your videos on dance central? I can see it just after I have done it, but it has no option to upload or share? I can't seem to find the menu to view them all after either?

Also on sports, how do I see all of my friends scores on each activity? I can see the person with the highest score but that is it?

I use the one on facebook Bob.

And your vid's upload here https://kinectshare.com/

Last edited:
They should put all your friends scores in a more noticeable place and put them up whenever you finish an event, or at least give you the option to view them.

Shooto, you seem to have alot of high scores.

I can't seem to upload anything onto Facebook from Kinectshare. It takes me through and asks me to confirm which I do then......nothing?

EDIT: but the dance central ones don't go on kinectshare? I can't see them there?

Did you upload the sports video's from Kinect sports?

Yeah I can see the sports videos on kinectshare and then I tick the one I want and then press the facebook sign. It says all the stuff and asks me to confirm, which I do, then it just doesn't do anything and it's not appearing on my facebook?

Still want to know how you upload or save Dance central videos though?

Did an hour's kinect sports and then did my scheduled 30 minute workout on the biggest loser, broke 240 calories on it and didn't need to pause at any point to get my breath back, might not sound like much but I'm really proud of it! :)

4 of us playing bowling would be good.

To get the boost at the start of the Sprint, adopt a ready/set pose, like down on one knee. Then when finishing, lean forward when crossing the line.

invite me please lads.

shooto i got 93 with my first throw and then went shit after that. until my 5th throw on a different day i got 103 or something

Managed to finish the YourShape fitness test without buggering my knee up. Never knew my knee was so bad until the game asked me to do 15 lunges and felt such a sharp pain just above my kneecap :(

So finished it, did a cardio class and then cardio boxing afterwards. Game reckons I did 100 calories which isn't much, and didn't really feel like much as it didn't have me sweating at all. Bronze level seems to be a bit easygoing I guess.

EA's game is arriving today but I won't be home to collect it so will go to the post office tomorrow and collect, then give it a try in the evening.

Anyone else got either game and have any thoughts on them?

I reserved EA one at Argos and was told it was in stock. Reserved it. Had e-mail to say it was ready to collect. Went to pickup and wasn't there! Gits!!

So I was down Morrisons next day and picked up Yourshape and FIFA 11 for £7 more than what EA fitness "game" would have been so decided to forget the EA one as don't want both. Might try and rent it through Lovefilm though. Told Argos they were a waste of space but they didn't care anyway.

Anyway, haven't had chance to try Yourshape yet. It's for Mrs too but she has flu atm. I watched my son have a crack at it which is defeating the object :) Will give more thoughts when I have a go though but it looked decent enough.

Managed to finish the YourShape fitness test without buggering my knee up. Never knew my knee was so bad until the game asked me to do 15 lunges and felt such a sharp pain just above my kneecap :(

So finished it, did a cardio class and then cardio boxing afterwards. Game reckons I did 100 calories which isn't much, and didn't really feel like much as it didn't have me sweating at all. Bronze level seems to be a bit easygoing I guess.

EA's game is arriving today but I won't be home to collect it so will go to the post office tomorrow and collect, then give it a try in the evening.

Anyone else got either game and have any thoughts on them?

I think the thing that makes Kinect so enjoyable for the wife and I is definitely playing it on the projector, with our 120" screen everything seems so lifelike, it's like having a full sized bowling alley or table tennis table or even football goal in the living room :)

Back
Top Bottom