Kinect

Eurogamer has done a feature on some more Kinect games, all a bit ... shit unfortunately.

I was thinking of testing one out to see how good it works with a PJ, should i just put it on hold until some decent games come out?

Last edited by a moderator:
http://kotaku.com/5711124/this-is-the-future-of-guitar-hero

I can't see it coming down in price so might as well get one now I guess. Depends if you're interested in the dancing, the adventure game or Kinectimals as they seem to be the worthwhile games out now.

I just looked at them Kinect Adventures and while its not my type of game i wanna see how well it works with rally ball and leaks because that's where i think kinect will be at its best, where its tracking your whole body ala dance games (which i aint into) and your controlling everything

Things like boxing, golf and most other sports would be brilliant but none are out yet. Looking forward to seeing how Forza works as well though

That air guitar thing is awful. Plastic instruments are bad enough, but I'd feel a right tit playing them like that.

Nice tech demo though, which I guess was the point.

Just brought my 5th 360. Really gotta stop selling these bad boys!

It's the new style 360 and must say, very impressive. Smaller, quieter, sleaker - so much better than the old monster.

New dash is more refined too, overall very impressed.

Got the 4gb (will get bigger hdd next year) and kinect. Got adventure, sport and dance central as I wanted to try something different.

Firstly, the tech is very impressive. I've not got a huge living room, but had no problems with 1 player at least. Not tried 2 player yet.

Didn't play adventures much as calibration wasn't quite right, so redid it and had quit out by then. Will give it a proper go tomorrow.

Sports I thought was excellent. Didn't expect it to be better than wii sports, but I think it might edge it. Bowling is better, track and field is like another 6 games in 1, football is surprisingly decent as is table tennis. They really could have worked on the boxing.

But anyway, the presentation is great and it all flows really nicely. Good start to kinect gaming.

Dance central was another surprise. I cannot dance, I can barely walk! But this was really well done and really quite fun. Did the basic lessons and the first song and got 2nd place on my friends board. Surprises so many have tried it!

Finally tried the demo of Joy Ride and that works really well too. Will be picking that up for sure.

So overall a really positive experience so far. Maybe it's a novelty thing that won't last, but the potential is there for sure.

I remain unconvinced with 'move' though I think now having used both, it's unfair to compare them as they are so different. Move is very much more for 'gamers' where kinect can literally be played by anyone... It's even more accessible than the wii. I just wonder how many game types they can come up with.

Apparently its only like that if you sit down (as it assumes a younger player and assists them).

I (standing up) found it quite hard to control at times so I didnt feel like I was being assisted.

Was really fun anyways.

EDIT: just watching that vid again - on my go with it, it definitely didnt steer itself round the banking tunnel bit...

And here he proves that standing doesnt autodrive...

YouTube - Kinect GEL Ride 2: Lazy Ass Mode?

Last edited:
Yea, I guess for a driving game especially that would make more sense.

Hopefully they will patch in an difficulty option to turn this off anyway.

Borrowed this today and its far far better than i expected

I didn't realise it would do depth that well or work like it does, the one where you plug holes made me realise how good it was for this with it picking up everything i was doing with my hands and feet also playing rally ball i was doing side volleys on the ball and stuff and it was picking everything up fine

Very very impressed and cant wait till some proper games come out for it

Is there any other games that works for this only then the 3 Kinect ones, fighters uncaged and the dance and fitness games?

Last edited:
Borrowed this today and its far far better than i expected

I didn't realise it would do depth that well or work like it does, the one where you plug holes made me realise how good it was for this with it picking up everything i was doing with my hands and feet also playing rally ball i was doing side volleys on the ball and stuff and it was picking everything up fine

Very very impressed and cant wait till some proper games come out for it

Is there any other games that works for this only then the 3 Kinect ones, fighters uncaged and the dance and fitness games?

Yea, I'm still surprised by it too and it's accuracy. I've not even played it in ideal lighting conditions yet, but I would say it's about 99% accurate to what I do.

The dancing is incredibly gay though, but it's really addictive partly due to how well it seems to pick up on your movements (and mistakes).

The sports for me though is the best thing. The track and field is immense and the bowling is far better than wii bowling. I had a game online last night and it was flawless. I was applauding the other guy onscreen as he hit a few strikes.

But the atmosphere of the bowling is spot on, just like being in a real alley with the music and lighting etc.

Yea, I'm still surprised by it too and it's accuracy. I've not even played it in ideal lighting conditions yet, but I would say it's about 99% accurate to what I do.

The dancing is incredibly gay though, but it's really addictive partly due to how well it seems to pick up on your movements (and mistakes).

The sports for me though is the best thing. The track and field is immense and the bowling is far better than wii bowling. I had a game online last night and it was flawless. I was applauding the other guy onscreen as he hit a few strikes.

But the atmosphere of the bowling is spot on, just like being in a real alley with the music and lighting etc.

I've played it in all conditions and its worked fine

Even when you have two players its still flawless, i am still shocked at how well it all works

I had a go earlier with my nephew and watching back the clips after is brilliant and very funny, on Reflex Ridge where your trying to collect stuff and it snaps you in the middle of a star jump :LOL: and in 2 player boxing the video clips after were hilarious, saying that every event or game you do is funny when your watch it back

My playbacks, especially on sports are really jerky and not at all fluid. Its just like 10 random pics, rather than a fluid vid.

Someone said its ok when you upload it to KinectShare, but it was the same :( Shame as you lose some of the 'fun' of not seeing the video.

That said, I'm still in love with sports!

I like the way as you said, in Adventures, when it takes a pic it adds a caption to it - and its cleverly done as the captions closely match what you are doing (due to it knowing the kind of position you will be in at the time of the shot).

i have just bought

Kinect With Kinect Adventures 1 x Kinect With Kinect Adventures

Availablility: Available for Immediate Despatch
Xbox 360 £109.98
Kinect Sports (Requires Kinect) 1 x Kinect Sports (Requires Kinect)

Xbox 360 £20.00
Dance Central (Requires Kinect) 1 x Dance Central (Requires Kinect)

Xbox 360 £25.00
Shipping (Free Express Delivery) free
Total cost £154.98

offer at game at the moment.

shame i missed out on the EA sports active game.

Got a Kinect for my little lad for xmas, - faulty - fucking brilliant

first i t said it was too cold (bull shit, had been at room temp all day before used)

the i get not enough power (despite being used on an older elite with the power pack and then an xbox 360s)

then - the sensor is connected, but cant be verified

Bull shit

i have just bought

Kinect With Kinect Adventures 1 x Kinect With Kinect Adventures

Xbox 360 £109.98
Kinect Sports (Requires Kinect) 1 x Kinect Sports (Requires Kinect)

Xbox 360 £20.00
Dance Central (Requires Kinect) 1 x Dance Central (Requires Kinect)

Xbox 360 £25.00
Shipping (Free Express Delivery) free
Total cost £154.98

offer at game at the moment.

shame i missed out on the EA sports active game.

Dance Central for £20 is a steal - great game. See if you can grab any of the specials on Live too today - "Ive got a feelin" was 80pts yesterday.

EDIT: Ah, just realised it was £25 and Sports was £20 - still a cracking deal. Cannot see those on the Game site, or do you have to buy them WITH a Kinect to get the cheap price?

Last edited:
Hmm the games I got my with Kinect (Fighters Uncaged and Motion Sports) were £20 when bought with the Kinect. As I'm taking them back tomorrow, I should be able to exchange them for the current offers, right? In saying that, if this is an online-only offer then probably not :(

I'll see what they say. Apparantly they should've had Kinect Sports available on launch but they didn't have it in stock and told my parents that when it comes back in stock, I'd probably be able to take the receipt back and exchange one of the games but I doubt they'll do that now. We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom