Kinect

i would lov to get that but it is 130 quid man.looks decent enough tho so may have to save so dosh for a while.

Eurogamer reviewed all the games yesterday - pretty underwhelming and far from the revolution expected.

I know the same could be levelled at 'Move' but its half the price.

But if you want 4 players, then Move becomes more expensive in the end.

Kinect looks interesting and I like the concept but reading a lot of negatives like lag, needing 9 foot for multiplayer(!), games seem a bit underwhelming and things like the camera not recognising a guy because he had glasses on and struggling to detect black faces(!).

I've got 7ft of space so I should be okay for single player but it's multiplayer which I'd mainly want it for and that wouldn't work. I can't really re-arrange my front room either so I'm still undecided on what to do.

The launch line up is extremely underwhelming and im not sold on the device. I will wait and see if the situation improves over the next few months.

All the code and engines I've tested at my work about face and body recognition have dozens of potential problems. Even if the code is absolutely brilliant and you have the best programmers around, the experience is too fragile and too depending on the environment. Having variables outside the system is always a big risk.

That said, the implementation is around the best I've seen, but it may be not enough for a number of reasons, being lag and fail to recognize something the main things you'll encounter in a game. If playing with a pad now and then results in fustration, imagine what it is when the system can't recognize you and you don't even have a pad to "force" the system to do a certain thing...

Kinect is a good idea that potentially can have some interesting aplications, but going padless it's too risky in my oppinion and hinders what you can do with the system.

It may be greater than Move for "wii" casual games, but Move will have great applications for hardcore gamers that Kinnect, simply, can't offer. Imagine Tumble with kinnect. It's undoable right now.

I want Dance Central man. Game looks sick!

Also the fitness games with Kinect will be the best about. Problem for me is I dont think it is worth £130 and I have not got the space in my bedroom. I will probably have to get a new 360 with kinect and put it in the living room.

Isnt worth getting, be like buying a bag of shite and then trying to sell it on.

After watching a few more vids today I'm definitely getting it. I can see the potential in the Kinect and I'm impressed with the responsiveness and accuracy.

I'm just going to hold out for when it gets a little cheaper.

Mines just arrived looks pretty good so far. Have just enough space in my room may have to put it in the over for two player.

It works really well just wish i had space for two in the back room. Got the demo of that racing game too it works perfect it's mad.

Need a nap now.

Not noticed any lag at all, the space where I'm playing is pretty narrow only just enough room for me so I'll have to put it in the front room to play two player. You don't actually need a massive room.

Interesting, I really want to try it out. The voice command thing sounds cool. Especially if you had the skyplayer thing on your xbox.

You can do online video chats with it, kinda cool if you have family/friends in another country or such, obviously it will also be used for certain other activities as well ;)

So how is the Kinect?

Meant to be getting it off the mrs for xmas, and really excited to get it, just not sure how good it is.

Back
Top Bottom