Kinect

Maybe I'm being dumb here, but I can't figure out how to create a multi week fitness plan in YSFE? In Biggest Loser I can set a goal of say losing 20kg in 12 weeks and it creates a workout plan with different fitness regimes for a certain amount of training sessions per week with the length I choose, which is great, but I can't do that with YSFE? If not it makes it pretty useless really :(

Maybe I'm being dumb here, but I can't figure out how to create a multi week fitness plan in YSFE? In Biggest Loser I can set a goal of say losing 20kg in 12 weeks and it creates a workout plan with different fitness regimes for a certain amount of training sessions per week with the length I choose, which is great, but I can't do that with YSFE? If not it makes it pretty useless really :(

Not looked round that much, but you can set goals via the ys website (www.yourshapecenter.com) so you must be able to do it in game.

Aha I need to link those two together as I set up the Ubisoft account and Uplay but the Xbox was off and you have to choose the option through the Xbox afterwards to link everything :)

Screenshot2011-01-13at193539.png

Just done today's workout, had the heartbeat sensor in my normal position just BELOW the elbow, and today it seemed 100% accurate. The high peaks in the graph were for much more active things like side to side jump repeats and squat jump repeats, and the 3 low peaks once started are all for dodgeball, which is a pretty low energy game. Highest heart rate was 172bpm which is pretty spot on too. Had no problems with sensor detection today either, was an absolute pleasure to workout today!

Did another workout on EASA last night and I enjoyed it despite feeling shattered from the previous nights' workout. I like that it breaks it all up and there's a good few exercises in there. In comparison, YourShape just seems to throw two exercises at you and alternates between them, but not sure if that's just a bronze level thing?

The heartrate sensor seemed to be a bit better, never really dropped below 100bpm although when it did, it was when I was running and sweating :LOL:

I think I might prefer EASA now that I've used it more. Need to give both games a good amount of time though, but I do like that EASA seems to have a more dedicated training plan.

YSFE is really disappointing both of us, Nat tried it last night, set up her profile, did the tests, picked a workout and it gave her an 8 part routine which consisted of the same three movements (2 of which were identical just on the opposite sides) repeated 8 times, Nat turned the 360 off after the 5th time with a "Fuck that!" :) At least with Biggest Loser it varies things up well and sets a training schedule, about the only thing we like from YSFE is the punching game, and that sure aint worth the £24.98 we paid from Game! Fortunately over here 2nd hand values are very high so we'll probably be able to sell it on for a profit :)

I'm quite happy with FE at the moment. Gave me a good workout the other day, for which my thighs are still paying the price - I'm in agony, bloody squats!!

I'll see what it throws up the next time I give it a go over the weekend, but it did seem to have a lot of programs, so bit unfair to judge it yet until I've been through more of them.

I'd probably get on better with EA's game (used to do it religiously on the Wii and was pretty good), but just dont have the floor space. It shows in the vids I saw a lot of floor exercises like pushups and it I've got about 7ft of space to the Kinect sensor, so i'm sure it wouldnt be able to 'see' me that close.

EA Sports Active still hasn't arrived, was dispatched 29th December, weird thing is some velcro plimsolls I ordered 8th Jan for working out in arrived today. I emailed Game to see if that can track the delivery.

Yeah FE keeps giving me the same shit to do every time I use it and my balls ain't happy. Time to try biggest loser I think.

You can turn to the side and it'll work just as well then too.

Yea, wondered as much, but literally have a 7th square as we have an L shaped sofa in front of the tv. I will give it a test run this weekend and see if it accommodate my girth.

Hugely pissed off. 20 mins into my third workout on EASA, 100+ calories burnt ... and my 360 freezes again! Loaded the game up again and it expects me to start from the start of the workout, no chance!

So now it's going to say I've missed a workout and not put my 100+ calories onto the record.

Second time the 360 has crashed in three days now.

It's supposed to be a rest day today but I feel okay despite being a little tired. I might do a YS session tonight and see how that compares again. One thing I found better about EA is that it didn't have me doing much that strains my knees, whereas YS seems to involve a lot of squats and pressure on knees. If that continues, and my knees don't get stronger, then I'll have no alternative but to stick with EA and sell YS because it'll just be too painful to actually use.

Do you have any knee braces? Just been to Lidl to do some shopping and they have knee/ankle/back braces for 29 Krona (about £2.75) each, gonna grab a couple as my knees give me a bit of jip with the exercises, and if nothing else it's a bit of padding when they make you kneel down, if you like I can stick a couple in the post to you?

My mate has got bad knees and has said he's got some that he'll pass them over but really appreciate the offer mate :)

I read reviews of Kinect Sports that said the boxing was the worst implementation and was basically useless, disagree with that it actually works pretty well.

Boxing is woeful in my opinion, not very good at all and easily the worst mode.

If anything is inaccurate to me I'd say the shooting on football, I find it hard to put the ball exactly in the corners, it either goes straight or wide.

Boxing's worked fine whenever i have seen it

Shooting on footy is very hit and miss though, penalties should be easy as you have the full goal on screen but when your a little further out you dont know if your over doing it or not

Boxing isn't bad but an absolute joke v somebody online!!
I start off chucking a few jabs and I'm KO'd within 10 secs. WTF is that all about? Absolute joke as all the opponent must be doing is spinning their hands like they were hitting a speed ball but on fast forward. That ISN'T boxing! I don't even know how a kid would consider that fun??!!
I only play it offline now.

YourShape sold this morning. I don't think I'd play it ahead of EASA and I can always buy it again once it drops in price more.

Back
Top Bottom