Kinect

Yeah we're gonna be flogging ours as well, not impressed at all, still waiting for EA Sports Active 2 to arrive but even The Biggest Loser UW pisses on YSFE. The wife prefers Dance Central for her workouts anyways

YourShape sold this morning. I don't think I'd play it ahead of EASA and I can always buy it again once it drops in price more.

They are all same horse different jockey though really... aren't they?

I'll just stick with YSFE. Had a quick go and it was fine to be honest. Will do OK for indoors too once she starts using it after having the flu.

Yeah kinda the same thing. But prefer EA due to the variety and set workout calender (which is fine assuming my console doesn't crash during it and I lose all of my workout done so far that day).

i have the same problem but my distance is only 5m away. in my new house my tv will be wall mounted and all cables in the wall to where all my kit will be including the xbox. so i have bought a 5m USB 2.0 Active Repeater Extension Cable - Premium Quality / High Speed http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001IPWJ32/ref=oss_product

Did your cable arrive? Does it work? I bought 2 of these off Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320599465506 and they don't work at all for the Kinect, it's not turning on whether also plugged into the mains or not :( And when I try it with something USB on my PC for example my wifi dongle it comes up with a message "this usb device could perform better in a high speed hub" and I get 1/3 of my download speed with it, so despite the blurb on the sale it's obviously not properly extending usb 2.0 signals or whatever :(

Did your cable arrive? Does it work? I bought 2 of these off Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320599465506 and they don't work at all for the Kinect, it's not turning on whether also plugged into the mains or not :( And when I try it with something USB on my PC for example my wifi dongle it comes up with a message "this usb device could perform better in a high speed hub" and I get 1/3 of my download speed with it, so despite the blurb on the sale it's obviously not properly extending usb 2.0 signals or whatever :(

fuck i forgot to try it and now it is buried in my wall ready.. oops

img0212c.jpg

img0192y.jpg

i hope it fooking works

have you got both yours connecting so you have 2 extensions?

have you tried it as a single extension if that is at all possible?

Yeah I tried purely as a single cable, didn't even unwrap the 2nd one, I think it's just a case of it being shitty quality, when you buy cheap you either get cheap and nasty or cheap and functional, I got the former.

£30? Bit steep, there's a few on amazon that people already put in the comments that it works with their Kinect. Can you try yours so we know if that brand works? :)

i am going to have to take the xbox and kinect round to try it.

i will let you know. i did read someone said it did work but i will try it

I've got a small set of weights at home that I've never used, I think the heaviest weight is 5kg though. Didn't know you could use weights instead of the resistance band so I'll try that I think.

I've got a small set of weights at home that I've never used, I think the heaviest weight is 5kg though. Didn't know you could use weights instead of the resistance band so I'll try that I think.
Yeah, it worked very well. No problems with movement detection at all. You have to go into Settings and Workout Settings (I think), and then there's an option that says Resistance Band. Go on that and change it to Hand Weights, then under that you tell it how heavy the weights you're using are :)).

Feels much better using weights rather than the resistance band, much better.

haha yea..

well i have been to the house and had to rig a temp setup (pain in the ass it was), as i needed to make sure it would work before i plastered the wall.

glad to report it worked.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Did my first scheduled EA Active 2 workout tonight, really impressed with it, will change from using the tension band to my 3kg dumbbells tomorrow but other than that it got a really good sweat out of me, I was dripping with sweat from head to toe which doesn't happen with Biggest Loser (as much as I enjoyed that as a workout tool), will definitely be sticking with EAA2, heart monitor seems to work fine, I make sure that the green LED lights are bang over the centre of the vein they use when drawing blood (if that makes sense?)

workout1.jpg

Max heart rate was 152BPM average 120BPM and I burned 222 calories (although that seems a smidge low, will combine with my separate heart rate monitor/calorie counter tomorrow to see if they tally).

I joined the Evo-Web group as well but it seems it doesn't carry forward existing workout stats :(

Back
Top Bottom