Batman : Arkham Series

Re: Batman : Arkham Asylum 2

The first details for Batman: Arkham City have been revealed.

The title will take place one year after the events of Batman: Arkham Asylum, where warden Quincy Sharp has become mayor and has turned the slums into an extended prison, according to Game Informer (via IGN).

Controlled by Hugo Strange, the prison's only rule is that inmates do not escape, but they are allowed to fend for themselves and explore the slums at will.

The Joker and Two-Face are gang-leaders in the slums, while Catwoman will team up with Batman throughout the game. Other key characters will offer side-quests alongside the main campaign.

Players will start with all the weapons and gadgets accumulated from the first game, along with added upgrades and new items such as a broadcast analyser to receive transmissions.

Gadgets can also be used more in combat, such as spraying explosive gel on enemies, while countering will be extended towards simultaneous foes and projectiles. Enemy variety will also be expanded.

Riddler trophies will return, but will be made more difficult and involve puzzle solving.

Batman: Arkham City was announced last week for a late 2011 release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

I hope there are many more of those challenge type rooms where you took everyone out 1 by 1 with stealth or with your gadgets. I thought they were awesome, though some of the actual goals you had to do were ridiculously hard towards the end.

Batman : Arkham City Screenshots and Info

Gameinformer Magazine thread
Originally Posted by CvG
A bundle of Batman: Arkham City gameplay and story details have leaked onto the net - and for fans of gadgets, it's good news.

According to blog-friendly readers of the latest edition of US mag GameInformer, the title sees Two-Face attempting to assisinate Catwoman to gain the respect of Gotham's criminal network.

Arkham City is created by former (yes, former) Mayor Quincy Sharp - who walls off part of the city's slums.

Our favourite new pearl of wisdom is that Batman himself starts the game with all of the gadgets he had when he finished Arkham Asylum - plus a trademark smoke bomb. Jolly good.

Story details are:

- Quincy Sharp is no running for mayor.
- Arkham Asylum and Black Gate Prison are unfit to hold inmates.
- Quincy Sharp buys off part of the slums and walls it off, creating Arkham City.
- Hugo Strange is in charge of Arkham City.
- Two-Face plans to execute Catwoman to gain respect of inmates.
- The overdose of venom may not be what's wrong with the Joker.

Gameplay details are:

- You are now able to counter two attacks at once.
- More puzzles
- All gadgets included in the first game are available from the start.
- Side missions now feature in the game.
- Gangs roam Arkham City, these are recorded in Batman's criminal database.
- You find people who work for Ridler to find Ridler challenges.
- Batman has his smoke bomb

Warner Bros revealed Batman: Arkham City artwork and story details last week. The game will be out in 2011.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=112303

I think Dark Knight Rising will have Dr. Strange as the main villian so its a good idea to follow suite with the hype the film gets the game will get sales boosts.

First was very good, hopefully they have more of a stealth feel to this ala Splinter Cell.

But in an interview with GameSpot, Hill said that the developer wasn’t going large just for fun.

“The footprint of Arkham City is about five times bigger than Arkham Island, but our primary intention was never to create a bigger gameworld just for the sake of it,” he said.

“In Batman: Arkham Asylum, we really focused our effort on creating an intense, pressure-cooker atmosphere by locking Batman in the madhouse and allowing The Joker to turn up the heat.

“In Arkham City, we want to take that attitude to the next level, so we created an experience in which gamers will have a huge amount of navigational freedom, but they will also feel the extreme pressure of the challenges that they face.

“Players will be able to go anywhere at any time, but will always have a clear idea of where they are needed most”

“Players will be able to go anywhere at any time, but we have made sure that players will always have a very clear idea of where they are needed most if they want to just stick to the core narrative path of the game. Explore the streets of Arkham City, and you will find many side missions, secrets, and street brawls, so players won’t find it difficult to get into some trouble if that’s what they are looking for.”

GS also has a couple of new screens of the game as well as a promo poster of Two-Face. CVG has its own promo poster of other villain Hugo Strange and another new screen.

Batman: Arkham City releases this fall for PS3, 360 and PC.

I completed this game so it must be good as i aint completed many due to getting bored

I completed it twice, 2nd time on hard which shows how good it is as I tend to also move onto another game before completing one, I've completed hardly any games on 360 :)

Yep! I had the demo, but just never really gave the game a shot. I'm going through a good run of using my console in the last month, so have been paying attention to games.

I completed it twice, 2nd time on hard which shows how good it is as I tend to also move onto another game before completing one, I've completed hardly any games on 360 :)

Hard is the only way to play this game and have fun! On other dificulties the game is too easy and trivial, on hard the combat is really great!

I started on the default difficulty and have to say I'm finding the combat very easy, I think I'll start again next time I go on the game!

Hard is the only way to play this game and have fun! On other dificulties the game is too easy and trivial, on hard the combat is really great!

I start all games on hard just to make it last longer and obviously make it hard to master

Once you get past the early bits and start learning new combos, the game gets surprisingly atmospheric! Some bits are pretty freaky and I'm loving the story they're following.

Back
Top Bottom