Champions League
9 February 2003
Sheffield
Tottenham Hotspur
gibatman1.jpg

gibatman2.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5036332/eidos-announce-another-batman-game
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/898/898399p1.html

Based on the comics rather than the movies, Eidos has the license to explore what is probably the darker avenue of the two main Batman franchises.

• Contained environment. Asylum to be reminiscent of "Bioshock"
  • Combat & investigative work, he's a fighter AND a detective
  • The Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Penguin, Harley Quinn, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy and more
  • Boss battles where gadgets could work better than brawling.
  • Confirmed for PS3, 360 and PC. Release date "sometime in 2009"
I like the sound of this one too! Sounds darker than the other game in production, and with a lot of enemies in it could contain some really dark and twisted mini-worlds and scenarios. Wonder if it's online too.

Re: Batman : Arkham Asylum [Rocksteady Studios, Eidos]

Hmm other than a homoerotic batman those screenies don't really give much away, ahh well, time will tell :)

Looks good, hope the gameplay matches it.

I'm a big Batman fan, the comics and the Nolan films anyway so my geek-o-meter is kicking in.

There's positives from those few screens i've seen already for me.

The main one is that Joker is ''The Killing Joke'' Joker, which became the template for the comics from then on, in the wake of ''The Dark Knight Returns'' it's the start of when the Bat comics got back on form, and to an extent began the whole ''gritty realism'' in the genre.

Arkham Asylum itself as well as being part of the mythos is also one of the better Batman graphic novels of that era, written by Grant Morrisson it really fleshes out some of the villians with insights into their psyche, again leading to much stronger stories in future comics.

I'm hoping gameplay wise it maybe works Splinter Cell-ish, and manages to delve into the whole detective side of Batman as well as some kung-fu ass kicker in a cape. Just read the bold type more instead of looking at the pretty pictures heh, sweet it is going that route.

Fingers crossed anyway, looks like they've opted for the best source material to base the game on so that's a big plus.

Fuck yes, I love the look of it!! The Joker looks really good and I'm looking forward to seeing Harley as well, my 2 favorite characters! :D It would be good if there was a online co-op mode, or some kind of one player as Batman one player as an enemy type of game.

Wow! This looks awesome.

the facial graphics on the guy on the left in the second picture are unbelievable...

Eidos Interactive has announced that a playable demo for Batman: Arkham Asylum will be released this week for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

Available on August 7, the demo will cover the start of the game when Batman and Commissioner Gordon transfer The Joker to the infamous prison for the criminally insane. However, The Joker has set a trap for Batman resulting in the full force of Arkham's inmates being unleashed on the caped crusader.

In the taster, players will get the chance to experience the FreeFlow combat system, the Invisible Predator stealth mechanic and Batman's detective abilities.

Gamers will also be able to unlock character bios and get a sneak peak of the famous enemies that they will come up against in the full game, including Bane, Killer Croc, Harley Quinn and the recently-revealed Scarecrow.

Looking forward to this...

the game really looks great from videos, let´s see if they release a good demo so we can have a right idea about the game atmosphere...

ps3 demo is up now, nearly 60% done now so should be able to play it soon

wow i love this game, the last part of the demo reminds me of the first time i played the MGS opening levels. awesome.

Superb, can't remember the last time I enjoyed a demo so much! Graphics, music and atmosphere are excellent, the controls are great and I love the different styles of combat and the different methods it gives you.

Detective mode is awesome :D

Enjoyed the demo, looking forward to the the full game.

PS3 get the Joker as a playable character too. Hopefully he has his own side missions and it's not just a skin.

Must be side missions as well. Can't see the Joker getting locked in Arkham Asylum by the Joker :)

Its more stealth than out n out fighting.

There is fighting but the second part to the end of the demo leaves you thinking it will be more like splinter cell/ MGS where sneaking around taking the bad guys out is the best option. But they have a good fighting mechanism down where you can counter and attack kinda like Jackie Chan where you block a punch from behind, kick someone in front of you and then jump kick a third guy.

Hugely impressed by this, anyone know how many hours it'll take to complete? Tempted to pre-order now as long as it's not a short game.

I don't know the length of the story Placebo but there are some challenge rooms for longevity and i recall a video showing how you get different rewards for doing more "Batman" style stuff like using gas bombs and stuff to take people out without them seeing you.

Hmm not a big fan of tenuous ways to expand the length of a game, like timed mode and shit like that :(

Besides FIFA 10 this is the game for me to buy this year. The demo oozes quality and sheer enjoyment. Best superhero game ever.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom