Batman : Arkham Series

Re: Batman : Arkham Asylum [Rocksteady Studios, Eidos]

Played the demo, it's alright I guess.

Feels a bit restrictive, and theres a few glitches meaning you can't actually finish it but it looks quite nice and you can never get tired of twatting prisoners.

You need to press....R2 is it? to get through the vent and out of the locked bit, and all it does when I press it is glitch. A black and green sort of panel covers most of the screen, and I'm sure it happens with L2 as well.

So therefore I can't get out, and can't finish the demo.

You need to press....R2 is it? to get through the vent and out of the locked bit, and all it does when I press it is glitch. A black and green sort of panel covers most of the screen, and I'm sure it happens with L2 as well.

So therefore I can't get out, and can't finish the demo.
You are joking?

That's the Bat Vision, or whatever the hell they call it. You stick that on, look for something that "stands out" and press the button it tells you to press next to it.

It's ridiculously simple, it holds your hand all of the way through the demo.

I think you just have to hammer X on the ps3 to open the vent

You are joking?

That's the Bat Vision, or whatever the hell they call it. You stick that on, look for something that "stands out" and press the button it tells you to press next to it.

It's ridiculously simple, it holds your hand all of the way through the demo.

No no no! I know what the bat vision is, everything goes in blue and it'll highlight the thing you need.

But this is more like a glitch, that serves no purpose what so ever. It's like someone has put something over the TV and it's broken.

I pressed the button it told me to so I could open the vent, and it covers the screen. I hit it a few times during the first fighting part and didn't know what the fuck was going on.

I might have to re-download it and see if it was just a bad download or something.

Free DLC coming to Arkham Asylum:

Free downloadable content will be released for Batman: Arkham Asylum shortly after launch.

The announcement has appeared on loading screens in the retail version of the game, according to Joystiq.

No details were provided about the content, such as whether it will be a story area or challenge map, or whether it will be console specific.

Batman: Arkham Asylum will be released on 360 and PS3 on August 28, while the PC version will arrive on September 18.

Shopto = Fuckers :(

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately we are no longer able to offer shipping of Batman: Arkham Asylum: Collector's Edition via the original Royal Mail postage rate quoted. Due to the value of the item it is required to go via our TNT courier service so that it is sufficiently insured in the event of the item going missing.

As a result we regretfully have had to cancel your pre-order. If you would still like the item please place your pre-order again and it will go through with the new courier shipping rate.

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,

- The ShopTo.Net Team

You only bother to tell me 2 days before release? That's shocking!

So now if I pre-order again it's from today and I go back to the bottom of the list? Not impressed at all.

Regards,

Paul.

Delivery is now being quoted as £30.60 :(

Last edited:

Batman: Arkham Asylum - Collector's Edition (with Armoured Batsuit Unlock Code) (Xbox 360)

* Deliver to: Home (Paul, Statham, Uppsala)
EUR 77.99
Order Placed with Play.com

Fucking shopto! Cancel my batman preorder and then charge me anyway! +£30 for courier delivery

Dear PAUL STATHAM,

This email is to confirm a charge to your account on ShopTo.Net.
Customer Code : APA422
Payment ID : 185583918
Currency : GBP
Total Amount of your Order : 85.59
ShopTo Account Balance : 0.00
Credit Card Charge : 85.59

Shortly you should receive an email with the details of your order, in the event the email should not arrive in the next 5 minutes please Login to your account and click the Order Tab.

If you were not expecting this charge please contact us immediately.

Regards,

ShopTo.Net

I replied:

I cancelled this pre-order earlier today, I sincerely hope you have not charged my credit card for this? If you have there will be a formal complaint issued.

This is extremely unprofessional of your company, first you cancel my existing pre-order at 2 days notice, I select pre-order again simply to see how much the additional postage is, see how exorbitant it is so cancel the pre-order right away, (I have actually ordered it now with another company that somehow manages to ship it to me in Sweden without trying to stick on £30 for a courier), and now I get this Email saying you've charged me the £85.59, this is completely unacceptable, please cancel the order ASAP and if you have charged my credit card I expect the money to be returned immediately.

Regards,

Paul Statham.

Fucking shopto! Cancel my batman preorder and then charge me anyway! +£30 for courier delivery

So, to update the saga ;)

Shopto said:
Hi Paul,

Unfortunately you did not cancel the order with the new postage rate and so it went through. We have managed to stop this for you now though and will refund your card.

In future to ensure your pre-orders are cancelled go through both screens to confirm, you will then be sent a confirmation email to confirm the cancellation.

Regards,

ShopTo Support

My reply:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and for cancelling this, I was sure I had cancelled it correctly but if you say I didn't then I guess I didn't, at least it's cancelled now.

It doesn't change the fact that your cancelling of my pre-order only 2 days before release is extremely shoddy business practice and customer service as far as I'm concerned and gave me little time at all to come up with an alternative solution before the game's release, I find it extremely surprising that you've never shipped a package to the EU with a similar value to the Arkham Asylum collector's edition before in your many years of existence. You could have simply put the pre-order on "hold" and advised me of how much the additional postage would be to use the courier, because of this I had to go through the pretence of pre-ordering again to find out that the courier cost would be £30, why couldn't you have told me this in the original Email telling me you were cancelling the pre-order 2 days before release?

There is already a lot of illwill towards your company from consumers due to the credit card number release scandal, this has continue to make many gamers wary of ordering from Shopto as I read myself on a popular gaming forum where we were all chatting about where we would pre-order Fifa10 from, many said they wouldn't pre-order from shopto because "they steal your credit card numbers and sell them on", misguided for sure but further exercises in poor customer relations like cancelling a pre-order 2 days from the release date simply further adds to the bad reputation, someone I know cancelled £250 worth of pre-orders with yourselves on hearing about the issues I was also having with Shopto, I hope that this situation can make you rethink your operating practices and come up with a better system to resolve such issues in future, I would consider ordering from Shopto again but I must confess I'd be very wary now.

Kind Regards,

Paul.

If anyone wants a collectors edition of Batman AA, HMV are still selling them on their website for £59.99 both 360 & ps3

Hopefully I'm getting it from Play.com now for £68 delivered, they seem to be aware I live in Sweden, unlike Shopto who only realised 2 days before release they'd need to lick too many stamps or something ;)

Why is this Shopto complaint in the FIFA thread aswell?

:SHAKE::OT:

;)

Excellent game this is and i think it will be up for GOTY

The graphics, sound, story just everything about it is perfect and if you wish you can dig deeper into the game with the riddles ect to tax your brain a little and also there seems to be no holes in the plot at all, everything up pick up or look at is fully explained

I would definitely recommend people to get this

Play.com Emailed to say they shipped my Collector's edition today, no problems from them, unlike a certain Shop I won't be going to again ;)

What would you say is the games likely longevity?

Depends how you play it really

I suppose if you wanted you could do the whole story without anything else and that is 10 hours i think someone said

But doing it the stealth way (with i forgot to mention how good that is) would take much longer because at times you just hide round corners for a bit to see where people are moving so you can nab them 1 at a time. Add to that these Riddler clues which i am finding because he aint pulling one over me the sneaky fucker :) that will take a while and also some weird symbol things if you wish to get them as well

going into town now to get it which will i get it on ps3 for the joker dlc or 360 any advice?

going into town now to get it which will i get it on ps3 for the joker dlc or 360 any advice?

Just got it for my son on 360. He just wouldn't have it on PS3 but Joker will be dlc on 360 at some point anyway.

I got Emailed my Armoured Batsuit Unlock Code, so have they finally seen sense and started creating unique codes for preorder stuff? Mine starts DYYWY

I got the game and started playing the first scenes. It feels very good and there are nice details. Let's see how it unfolds in the following days (I can't play that much, I have work!).

If anyone is sill after a collectors edition of the game, HMV.co.uk & Game.co.uk, still have them available on 360 & ps3 for £59.99.

All you lot be careful when the game autosaves. Ive wasted 7 hours playing yesterday. Loaded it up today and no saved game found.

Alot of people on other forums have had this prob. When you get the saving sign, and bats, give it 20 secs then quit

Back
Top Bottom