Batman : Arkham Series

Me too, just a couple of days ago actually. Finished on 69% completion, because I've far too big a backlog to finish to search for secrets and riddlers trophies and whatnot.

I will keep an eye out on the sequel though.

Seems to be getting a few perfect 10's and other very good reviews at the moment, GameInformer, OPM, Play3, GM and C&VG all scoring it well.

IGN and Eurogamer reviews should be up soon.

Crikey.

"Our very own member AgentV reports that IGN will be giving Batman: Arkham City a 10/10 come review day.

The review has reportedly been included in IGN’s November 2011 magazine and will be made available online on October 14th 9am Eastern. The review features “stunning remarks” as well as rewarding the game for its “high replay value”.

IGN ended the review by saying: “Arkham City not only lives up to Arkham Asylum but surpasses it in every way.”

We expect the online review embargo to lift this Friday, CVG have also noted that they will be releasing their review on this date as well.

This comes hours after it was announced that Game Informer will be awarding Batman: Arkham City with a perfect 10/10 score. Something that’s not at all common."

Absolutely can't wait for this, just a shame that the PC version has been delayed by a month but should be more than worth the wait.

I played this all weekend and evenings this week.

I loved Arkham Asylum, rated it GOTY in 2009. This is better in every way imaginable. It's incredible, and will be amazed if there is a better game this year.

I truly can't be more effusive in my praise. It's genius.

I don't think you need to in terms of story etc but you should simply because AA is an awesome game and it's possible that some gameplay mechanics will be better in AC so could be harder to play AC first and then AA resulting in an undeservedly lesser experience for AA, if that makes sense? :)

Also the new game might be cheaper by the time you get around to finishing Arkham Asylum. I'd highly recommend AA, and probably better to play it first.

The game was great, Arkham Asylum that is, but I am not sure what makes leaps and bounds amazing, I did love the atmosphere and the characters, but the core gameplay was quite repetitive.

The fighting was pretty easy, was more of smash up everyone with attack bashing, mixed with the occasional dodge and that other thing you do with the cape. That and quite a large part of the game was in that detective mode where you could see everything. But did enjoy sneaking around and the various puzzles you had to do.

None the less the new one looks amazing again. With a mix of characters, can't wait, but think I will need to complete Rage then trade it in for this :)

Itching to get my hands on this, pre-ordered it from gamestation when i traded pes2012 in. Been playing AA since then in preperation, love the exploration mainly.

I got the PC version for £15 but have to wait another month to play it.

But would def recommend anyone who hasn't played the original to play it + you can get it now for about £10 on the consoles and is currently on sale for £2.49 on steam.

I played this all weekend and evenings this week.

I loved Arkham Asylum, rated it GOTY in 2009. This is better in every way imaginable. It's incredible, and will be amazed if there is a better game this year.

I truly can't be more effusive in my praise. It's genius.

Well, this year and the remaining months alone will give it a bloody good test.

Skyrim and Uncharted 3 will be the closest competitors for GOTY. BF3 and MW3, although no doubt scoring well, won't be considered. Assassn's Creed Revelations and perhaps a left field entry for the new Zelda.

Well, this year and the remaining months alone will give it a bloody good test.

Skyrim and Uncharted 3 will be the closest competitors for GOTY. BF3 and MW3, although no doubt scoring well, won't be considered. Assassn's Creed Revelations and perhaps a left field entry for the new Zelda.

I don't disagree with any of those as competitors (know nothing about Zelda though), but as a bit of a Batman geek, how the story flows, the improvements they have made, and the fact its in an open world is just incredible. Everyone will love this game.

Looking forward to seeing everyones feedback on it.

My copy just arrived today. Its incredible how much more depth has been added to the 2nd game (I know, Arkham City, clues in the title).

That said, with all the side missions and AR training now available, I've found myself spending a good few hours doing those and not even anywhere near the primary missions.

The combat system feels much more evolved and I'm loving the double silent takedown ala Assassins Creed.

Too many games right now - Batman AC, Spiderman EOT, RAGE, Forza 4 and with UC3, AC: Revelations, MW3 and BF3 on the horizon, not forgetting Saints Row the Third and WWE '12 (yes I'm a WWE fan), I think my wallets going to take a bit of a battering.

My copy just arrived today. Its incredible how much more depth has been added to the 2nd game (I know, Arkham City, clues in the title).

That said, with all the side missions and AR training now available, I've found myself spending a good few hours doing those and not even anywhere near the primary missions.

The combat system feels much more evolved and I'm loving the double silent takedown ala Assassins Creed.

Too many games right now - Batman AC, Spiderman EOT, RAGE, Forza 4 and with UC3, AC: Revelations, MW3 and BF3 on the horizon, not forgetting Saints Row the Third and WWE '12 (yes I'm a WWE fan), I think my wallets going to take a bit of a battering.

It will be better just holding off on a few games. Having too many at once is no good at all.

I'm already dreading swapping BF3 and Batman from the console as well as Fifa.

The sooner they make a multi-disc shuffler the better.

It will be better just holding off on a few games. Having too many at once is no good at all.

I'm already dreading swapping BF3 and Batman from the console as well as Fifa.

The sooner they make a multi-disc shuffler the better.

True, true. I don't think I was ever planning on having all at the same time, will buy-play-complete-trade.

Will actually probably hold back on UC3 and the others until I complete Batman: AC.

Was just mentioning that there are many games coming out and all are a must have (for me) at some point.:))

Alternatively, get a 2nd xbox and flash to LT2.0+, dunno if there will be progress with PS3 situation (CFW 3.70+?)

Last edited:
Just got my copy :D

Sadly it'll sit here waiting 7 hours before it's opened though.

PES has to take back seat for now.

Awesome game. They need to change up the sequel and make it less about you know who. Those of you who have completed the game know who I am talking about. They could also make the map a lot bigger. Open up Gotham City and give us the Batmobile and Batcylce.

Characters I'd like to see in the next game:

Lady Shiva, Huntress, Bronze Tiger, Deathstroke, Richard Dragon, Nightwing, Azrael, Black Mask, Hush, Prometheus, and Sensei.

That was great but when it ended I felt that it never really started... Strange.
I'd love to find the fighting system in A's Creed, it's perfect imo.

Put it on hard to make sure i got my money's worth, loving it so far, keep getting distracted by side missions and challenges. Found out I've only completed 7% of the game so far. Happy days.

Awesome game. They need to change up the sequel and make it less about you know who. Those of you who have completed the game know who I am talking about. They could also make the map a lot bigger. Open up Gotham City and give us the Batmobile and Batcylce.

Characters I'd like to see in the next game:

Lady Shiva, Huntress, Bronze Tiger, Deathstroke, Richard Dragon, Nightwing, Azrael, Black Mask, Hush, Prometheus, and Sensei.

I had the same thoughts, would be amazing, not the new batmobile thought, the classic

YouTube - 1989 batmobile tribute

i'm only like 27% through this game but finding that its trying to tell too many storys at once and that some of them are short filled due to number of them there is which isn't a bad thing but wish some of them were a bit more spread out and longer but the game is amazing nevertheless

Back
Top Bottom