Batman : Arkham Series

I started playing this after not having touched it for 6 months and I was useless and couldn't get past the bit I was on. I would have got straight through months ago but need to get used to it again. I'm at the bit when the gargoyles have bombs attached to them so can't escape on them. I'll get there though :)

Arkham City launches October 18 in US, October 21 in UK

Warner’s finally given a date to Batman: Arkham City for the UK: Friday, October 21. Its also released brand new screens for the Rocksteady action sequel.

The publisher’s also confirmed it’ll launch in the US on October 18.

The sequel to Arkham Asylum, then published by Square Enix/Eidos, was teased at the 2009 Video Game Awards, but was formally announced last autumn as Arkham City.

Warner will handle publishing duties this time, having taken a majority share in the London studio last year.

The sequel sees Arkham Asylum in no state to hold any more prisoners, with a part of Gotham City sealed off to create Arkham City.

Hugo Strange and Two-Face are two new villains for the game, as well as Harley Quinn and Joker returning from the first game. Catwoman is also involved this time round.

Surprised we have to wait so long, the game was supposedly finished middle of last year with the final time being spent on polishing and optimising, maybe it means they added more onto it, rumour was a Co-op mode which could be awesome.

Details of Batman: Arkham City's campaign have emerged.

Rocksteady's marketing game manager Dax Ginn has told CVG that the story will be eight hours in length without side quests or exploration.

"It's very difficult to put a number on it," he said. "I can tell you that our QA guys, who are ninjas and obviously know everything in the game, can do just the core story missions, nothing else, in about eight hours, just straight-lining.

"And they know exactly where to go, what to do - the most efficient way of doing it. So, [for] someone who has no idea what to do and wants to complete everything it's going to be significantly more than that."

Coop with robin would be awsome.

My only complain about the first one was that i actually got lost a few times (those corridors all looked the same and the map wasn't very helpful). Some sort of help for dummies like in uncharted would be welcome.

Batman: Arkham City is to feature Catwoman as a playable character, a report has confirmed.

According to IGN, Warner Interactive and Rocksteady Games has showcased footage of gameplay segments focusing on the feline anti-heroine.

The website went on to say that the character will play an integral part in the story campaign as the focal point will shift between her and Batman. Catwoman's movement was described as "nimble and graceful", and it was noted that players will apparently be awarded points based on how they move through the city.

A secondary vision mode akin to the Dark Knight's Detective Mode will help players to pinpoint useful objects, while Catwoman's whip can be used to traverse the environment, as well as during combat situations.

Earlier this week, it was reported that the Penguin will feature as one of Arkham City's villains. Other antagonists include Two-Face, Mr Freeze, Talia al Ghul and Hugo Strange.

Batman: Arkham City will be available for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on October 18 in North America, and October 21 in Europe.

Robin in Batman: Arkham City has been fully revealed.

Playable in optional Challenge Maps outside of the main game, Robin will offer unique special moves and gadgets, according to ArkhamCity.co.uk.

The Tim Drake Robin pack will also include an alternative Red Robin costume and two bonus Challenge Maps titled Black Mask Hideout and Freight Train Escape.

Announced last week, Robin will be available as a pre-order bonus from US retailer Best Buy. Details of the Tim Drake Robin pack's European availability has yet to be revealed.

Two-face and Mr Freeze have been previously confirmed for the Batman: Arkham City sequel, while Catwoman will feature as a playable character.

Batman: Arkham City will be available on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC from October 18 in North America and October 21 in Europe.

Robin picture:
550w_gaming_batmanarkhamcity_robin.jpg

i just bought arkham asylum yesterday online for a tenner. Never played it before but you all seem happy enough with it.

It's so good, I played right through the night on it. I havent be back since, think I overdosed on it. It's great though, very atomspheric.

Arnie's killed Mr Freeze for me (along with that whole film) not sure if I can like anything that was associated with that film.

Tesco is exclusively offering Joker's Carnival Challenge Map as incentive to those who pre-order Batman: Arkham City.

You'll be given a code that unlocks a separate set of missions set inside Joker's elaborate hideout, filled with madmen. It's not just a minor addition, since it's expected to add four hours of additional gameplay.

If you buy online, you receive a code within two business days after the game ships. If you buy in-store, the code is already inside the box. Simple. And if you needed any extra incentive (why would you?), all pre-orders get a steel-book edition of the game for the same price.

Hmm that sounds worth it, been looking for a decent pre-order version, I got the last game with the plastic batarang, was hoping for a version with an action figure or such this time but that one sounds ok :)

Just ordered this one:

batman-arkham-city-collectors-edition.jpg

£54.99 from bee.com with 6% cashback from Quidco, shopto was £5 cheaper but it won't let me order it for some reason so went with bee.com who do free shipping internationally which is good :)

http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/02/batman-arkham-city-pre-order-bonus-fashion-parade/

Life is cruel sometimes. In a perfect world, you could buy all the Batman: Arkham City skins in one package. But alas, some of these excellent costumes are only available at certain retailers and with special promotional packages. Keep in mind, this breakdown from Arkham City is a listing of the promotions that will available for the UK release. It's fairly certain that, Arkham City's American launch will play by other rules, requiring you to make purchases at entirely different outlets and retailers. (If only there was one place to get all five.)

* Batman Beyond -- Pre-order Batman: Arkham City from GameStop.co.uk or MightyApe

* Dark Knight Returns -- Purchase the Batman: Arkham City Collector's Edition, Any Store

* Earth One Batman -- Purchase Batman: Arkham City from MightyApe

* 1970's Batman -- Pre-order Batman: Arkham City from ShopTo.net (UK) or Toys R Us (USA)

* The Animated Series Batman -- Purchase Batman: Arkham City from MightyApe

20110802arkhamcity.jpg

Back
Top Bottom