Batman : Arkham Series

Re: Batman : Arkham Asylum [Rocksteady Studios, Eidos]

I've played a bit more and I'm really surprised. The game is very good and "feels" great to play. Controls are very precise and the overall quality of the game is top notch. Simmilar to Infamous, I wasn't expecting great things and all of a sudden Batman is one of the best games I've played this year.

What do you think about it? Do someone share my good vibrations on this one?

I love the sections where you're in a room with a couple of bad guys and have to sneak around taking them all as as best you can. Disappointingly there are only a couple of these set pieces in the entire game but I'm glad a bunch of them can be played at any time in the challenge mode.

Jokers challenge rooms are quite fun to play as well and his gadgets mean you have to approach the maps very differently.

I've played a bit more and I'm really surprised. The game is very good and "feels" great to play. Controls are very precise and the overall quality of the game is top notch. Simmilar to Infamous, I wasn't expecting great things and all of a sudden Batman is one of the best games I've played this year.

What do you think about it? Do someone share my good vibrations on this one?

totally agree, best game this year so far for me.

yes great game, one more joker challenge left and all are done!!

This and shadow complex best two games of the year so far

Finished it today on medium difficulty. 200/240 riddles found. Going to find them all and then try the challenges.

GOTY material here, no doubt. I enjoyed the game inmensely, and remembered the adventure games of some years ago. It was years since I didn't play a game so gratifying.

Great dialogues, great production values. Every gamer should at least try it because we're talking about a game that will be a benchmark for upcoming release.

The only 2 games I think can match or even surpass the quality of Batman are Brütal, Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain (if it launches this year).

If you haven't played this game, you should.

the morgue scared the shit out of me :CONFUSE:

My game glitches and resets when I hit a certain point, tried playing it differently but it just crashes over and over.

Anyone got a receipt for the game or should I try and pick up another copy and then return the dodgy one saying its broke?

56253506.jpg

Eidos appears to have laid a sneaky bat-trap, for those pesky pirates to trying to enjoy Arkham Asylum without paying.

Apparently the all-important Glide ability gets disabled if you aren’t running a legit version… As a pirate recently found out on the forums.

Cheshirec_the_cat (The Pirate)

Hi!
I’ve got a problem when it’s time to use Batman’s glide in the game. When I hold <Space> , like it’s said to jump from one platform to another, Batman tries to open his wings again and again instead of gliding. So he fels down in a poisoning gas. If somebody could tel me, what should I do there.

Keir (Eidos)

The problem you have encountered is a hook in the copy protection, to catch out people who try and download cracked versions of the game for free.

It’s not a bug in the game’s code, it’s a bug in your moral code.

batmanpriate

Whilst we at Gamer Limit don’t condone the act of pirating games, we would certainly recommend waiting until after the game has actually been released before requesting assistance on the official forums.

Eidos Interactive has revealed details of the upcoming DLC for Batman: Arkham Asylum.

According to the publisher, the first downloadable add-on will be released free of charge for all formats on September 17. It will be followed the Prey In The Dark pack on September 24, which is rumoured to be a PS3 exclusive.

The first pack was confirmed as multiplatform when an Eidos spokesperson replied to a post on the official Batman forums. "I'm happy to inform you, it will arrive at the same time," they wrote.

It has also been speculated that the content will be titled the Insane Night DLC Pack, which contains the Dem Bones Scarecrow Challenge and Crime Alley Challenge Map Packs.

Batman: Arkham Asylum was released for Xbox 360 and PS3 on August 28, with a PC version due on September 18. The title was handed a Guinness World Record for the 'Most Critically Acclaimed Superhero Game Ever'.

Eidos is yet to comment on the speculation.

My game glitches and resets when I hit a certain point, tried playing it differently but it just crashes over and over.

Anyone got a receipt for the game or should I try and pick up another copy and then return the dodgy one saying its broke?

lot of people fell for this, surely you see joker in the batmobile?

12% through this and I love it! The atmosphere is fantastic, the graphics are superb, the story is great and I love the different styles of play the game has.

Superb stuff :TU:

Completed it on normal and on hard indeed a great game, smidge too short IMO but still great :)

'Arkham Asylum' sequel announced

A sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum was announced at Spike TV's 7th annual Video Game Awards this weekend.

The awards began by showing a teaser trailer of the sequel to this year's critically-acclaimed Batman game, with a voiceover by Mark Hamill as the Joker.

The trailer showed what appeared to be the inmates of the asylum wreaking havoc in the streets of Gotham, as the Joker looks on.

The official website arkhamhasmoved.com is expected to go live shortly, with an official title and projected release date for the game.

The original game was nominated in several categories on the night - including 'Best Action/Adventure Game', 'Best Voice' and 'Game of the Year' - though it failed to win any awards.

Yup read that yesterday and saw the trailer, excellent news, I would imagine we'll have to wait until 2011 for it though?

The battle with the Joker at the end of this game is crap, bit of a let down after a decent game. The story is very good, the fighting is fun, graphics very nice, I like the challenge mode as it gives you more gameplay hours and the riddles are a bit of fun too.

Sadly the boss battles are too predictable, I've played similar boss battles 5-10 years ago on older games, we should be moving on from these. Killer Croc? :FAIL: The joker fight at the end is awful...
beat a few waves of goons and pull the Joker down when his back is turned? Which he does like clockwork every time you need him to? Then he gets his claws stuck in the ground twice in a row, in the exact same place... so you can beat him up without any issues :YAWN:

The battle with the Joker at the end of this game is crap, bit of a let down after a decent game. The story is very good, the fighting is fun, graphics very nice, I like the challenge mode as it gives you more gameplay hours and the riddles are a bit of fun too.

You're right and this excellent game could have been GOTY if there was more challenge to it. It's that stupid fashion of making games literally planar that is killing a lot of fun. Maybe that's the reason why after finishing the AAA games of this season, I've felt compelled to order Demon's soul and have fun the old style, having to fight for my life to finish a level fearing a death will destroy everything.

That said, I enjoyed it a lot and still regard it as one of the best games this year. If the sequel gets a little more challenging, it would be a marvel.

I enjoyed it too, just picking out the bad points in an otherwise very good game. If the boss fights had some fresh new ideas it would have been a brilliant game, bit fed up of these stereotype boss battles.

Blue prints and a map of the area that's going to be used in the sequel perhaps?

I've watched that twice and can't work out the Easter Egg

It's the map with Warden Sharp's approved plan to clean up Gotham City.

Blue prints and a map of the area that's going to be used in the sequel perhaps?

Anybody that finds that will know a little about what happens in the next game.

Which is what one the developers said in a pod-cast a while ago.

Back
Top Bottom