READY FOR THE FINAL CL - WEMBLEY - BARÇA VS MAN.U

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Valdes, i don't see him week in, week out, but when i see him, i don't think he instills confidence.
To me Reina is the best Spanish GK (although when he played against Argentina a couple of months he had a very bad match).

Well, I watch him week in week out and Valdes is an impressive goalkeeper. He just saved a lot of points for the team. The thing is when he has a mistake (it's very rare), it seems to be instantly popular. I mean, in the whole season he only had 2 mistakes, and people will remember those mistakes forever.

There was someone caliming here that Valdes had a terrible mistake in a Walcott goal last season. It was his only real mistake in the season, probably. But Etoo scored to Van Der Sar an exact copy of this goal in a Champions League final and no one claims Van Der Sar was being sloppy there.

Another quote in this thread about Valdes going out like crazy to fix a bad back pass by Alves. In fact, that play was a huge success for Valdes on a terrible pass by Alves. Any other keeper wouldn't be aware of the situation, of wouldn't have arrived to the ball. I really think people doesn't value him as he deserves. He saved 3 goals against Shakhtar, for instance, one of them almost an empty net sitter with 3-1. But no one remembers it.

Too many people underrates him, really. He's the best goalkeeper in Europe playing with his feet. He has contributed to lots of goals starting the play himself to the wings.

I really reate Reina as a far worse goalkeeper. Reina DOES have a large number of big mistakes in any competition. Reina has problems in air balls (Valdes don't). Probably Reina's only star abbility is saving penalties, but he never gave me any kind of comfidence. And I've watched them playing a lot (Reina and Valdes were raised together at La Masia).

I think Van Der Sar may be better than Casillas and Valdes in the classic goalkeeper abbilities, but for the style of Barcelona, the goalkeeper will only have one or two dangerous plays in a match, usually 1vs1, and then you need a very specific goalkeeper that can also play with his feet.

And really, the statistics of Valdes in 1vs1 are just amazing. He's the best at that.

Interesting challenge for posters on here: if you could create an 11 from both teams, what would it look like? Here's mine:

-------------VDS-------------
--Alves--Pique--Vidic--Evra--
----------Busquets-----------
------Xavi------Iniesta------
---Messi----------Rooney-----
----------Villa/Chic---------

To be honest, other than LB and Keeper, hard to wedge any United players in there. I'd take Vida over Puyol because I think Carlos has lost a bit of acceleration and ability due to injuries, and can't decide on Villa v Chicarito. Obviously on history it's Villa all day, but in the past 6 months Hernandez has probably been the better player.

Have to wedge in Rooney somewhere. But that's really it.

I would be tempted to swap Iniesta for Giggs.
I'm not sure if that is objectively the right thing to do, it's just that Giggs is one of the all time greats and never seems to get the appropriate credit for it.

I heard in the Guardian's podcast that Giggs has as much silverware than Pele...quite imprtessive.

I would not hesitate between Villa and Chicarito: always Villa in that particular position. Fact is that Villa had to play on the right side.

Would love to have shoe-horned Giggsy in there, but at this stage it would just have been sentimentality unfortunately. Great player but can't last more than a half at any real pace.

I agree on most of that starting eleven, though I don't think Evra is much better than Abidal. Specially this season!

But I would put Mascherano instead of Busquets in DMF, and if we are based on current form, Chicharito over Villa. I totally agree on Vidic over Puyol right now. And Giggs would be the key 12 man to change the match in the 2nd half!

Individually I agree with the formation but Manchester's strength isn't in their individualism. I think we can put their squad behind Chelsea,Arsenal,and City in terms of names but the way Ferguson deploys them is genius. Barcelona add a lot of skill to that so great final it is going to be.

How many fans are estimated to travel to Wembley drekkard?

Depending on the island vulcano right now!!! We have a long history with volcanoes lately...

If everything goes well, I think it's around 25.000 for each team. Then the UEFA thieves reserve 25.000 for themselves... But they will be missing a key fan: me! I have no ticket... :CRY:

Friday night I go to listen to Pulp live (after 10 years from the last time). The concert starts at 02:00 AM, so I will drink, sing and dance and wake up on saturday in a very late hour to start all the rituals for the final (mainly putting the shirt on and having some peanuts, which could take about 2 hours in the state I will be in). :BOP:

Individually I agree with the formation but Manchester's strength isn't in their individualism. I think we can put their squad behind Chelsea,Arsenal,and City in terms of names but the way Ferguson deploys them is genius. Barcelona add a lot of skill to that so great final it is going to be.

How many fans are estimated to travel to Wembley drekkard?

That's a very good point Zeem.

Drekkard: enjoy yourself in London.

----------- Valdes -----------
Alves----Pique---Puyol----Abidal
-----------Mascherano-------
Xavi--------------------Iniesta
Pedro------Messi-------Rooney

HAHAHAHAHAHA

i will see you saturday night. no?:COAT:

haha hihi hehehe huhuhu

1294683599_0.jpg

----------- Valdes -----------
Alves----Pique---Puyol----Abidal
-----------Mascherano-------
Xavi--------------------Iniesta
Pedro------Messi-------Rooney

It's so nice to see a Barca fan once again displaying the kind of humility and grace that their team does.

Lovely club, really. Nicest, bestest most right club in the world. And if you don't agree, you don't know anything about football.

It's so nice to see a Barca fan once again displaying the kind of humility and grace that their team does.

Lovely club, really. Nicest, bestest most right club in the world. And if you don't agree, you don't know anything about football.

i don't say this.

only put my 11....Any problem? is my 11 , no your...
the 11 of final.

maybe vidic for puyol in this moment...is my only doubt.

in bench there is:
Chicharito
Villa
Nani
Park
Busquets..

Manchester have better Bench
Btu for me, barça have better 11

Good god, you're a special case. This is a online forum, not a bloody school playground.

Shut up, do not talk over me, I did not speak to you ..is easy...

y no te aproveches de que sabes ingles, que me tienes cansado ya...que yo tambien me puedo poner muy maduro si hablamos en mi idioma e igual te explico unas cuantas cosas sobre futbol...que es muy facil ir a por el que peor se explica...

That's a very good point Zeem.

Drekkard: enjoy yourself in London.

Oh, no, Pulp is doing the gig here at Barcelona! I couldn't go to London without a ticket. I prefer to watch it here with friends! (again, if the volacno allows us to do so).

I don't know if tagging a whole club and fans by the posts of a single "special" poster is in itself a show of class and grace either. Just saying.

I'm sure there were more Barca fans who used to post regularly other than you and that scrote.

Neoexodus for one, although he seems to be more of a Juve fan these days. :P

Ronaldinho 23 finally succeded in dragging down somebody to his own level somewhere deep down in one of the abysses of taste were the light of good taste and sense of humour will never shine...what a pity.

And about Ronaldinho 23: isn't it possible that some mod gives him a warning or a ban...the guy is plainly annoying more and more people. I have the impression that more and more people are fed up with him. He is a less gifted version of Zico (not the football player, but the former evo-web member).

Ronaldinho 23 finally succeded in dragging down somebody to his own level somewhere deep down in one of the abysses of taste were the light of good taste and sense of humour will never shine...what a pity.

And about Ronaldinho 23: isn't it possible that some mod gives him a warning or a ban...the guy is plainly annoying more and more people. I have the impression that more and more people are fed up with him. He is a less gifted version of Zico (not the football player, but the former evo-web member).

ban by saying that Barcelona is the best?
I did this post
I did not insult you, but to me yes

this is not a hitler zone....I have freedom to talk about my team
I just talk football, you try to offend me

what is your problem? do not know will defend with arguments? or really bothers you that Barcelona is the best and I say

this is a football post, and i talk about this..better or worse, rightly or wrongly, but I try

good news, Puyol training to full

Only milito is injured.Pep Guardiola Will can put his best 11 with mascherano doubt..

-------------- Valdes --------
Alves --- Pique -- Masche/puyi ---- Abidal/puyi
--------------Busquets---------
Xavi------------------------Iniesta
Pedro---------Messi--------Villa

Kid you are boring you know that or you don't know or someone must write you for to know that :) ?

Last edited:
Kid you are boring you know that or you don't know or someone must write you for to know that :) ?

well, I try to have a good time before the final, I am very nervous about the match ....talking about football , about the 11's, about injureds , or simply expose our fears and arrogance make the wait shorter

Maybe I'm just stupid, it is possible

I wouldnt be too hard on him guys, I'm guessing he's only 14 years old so I'm sure we were (almost) as immature at that age.

No Giggs in training today, sigh preparations are being effected but we'll have to move on, I do think its thrown a spanner into the works as I was certain he would start but not so sure now.

So with that though lets have some last and final United team predictions (considering even my mum can predict Barca's)

-----------VDS--------------
Rafael-Ferdinand-Vidic--Evra
-------Carrick-Giggs-------
Valencia--Rooney----Park
--------Hernandez------

Youngun, that would be my prediction for the starting line-up too...

Only switch might be Fletcher, but seeing the form Carrick has been with Giggs in other CL matches, I don't think there will be much of a surprise in the starting eleven

No Giggs in training today, sigh preparations are being effected but we'll have to move on, I do think its thrown a spanner into the works as I was certain he would start but not so sure now.
Neither did Scholes. I'm assuming it's because they're both playing a part in the testimonial tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom