READY FOR THE FINAL CL - WEMBLEY - BARÇA VS MAN.U

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought of barca as a "different" type of club, great history, until recently no shirt sponser, a fantastic way of playing, a wonderful academy and some of The Greatest Players Ever to grace the game.

I know they get have been accused of alot of bad shit under this current manager (and they didnt cover themselves in glory during the CL semi final) but the anti barca (madrid fuelled) campaign is purely down to the frustration of their main rival(s) and playing dirty on (and especially off) the pitch seems to be the madrid way....

I'm looking forward to the final, more than the last one, was too confident last time, our 2nd final and we'd beat barca without them scoring over two legs the year before....

we all know how that turned out lol....

I know barca are the favourites, and rightly so, dont think we can outplay them (okay i know we can't) but i reckon we can give them a decent game, maybe a tougher one than other teams have given them this season...

but im praying we dont get mullered!!

If only all Man Utd fans were like this guy...a real fan who is fair.
I never understood all the stick Barcelona got after the first semi-final, although i agree they did not cover themselves in glory.

I never understood all the stick Barcelona got after the first semi-final, although i agree they did not cover themselves in glory.

you don't read?

i say "i love manchester football"

hahahaha
I am arrogant ,yes, mourinho is arrogant, rooney is arrogant, ronaldo is arrogant, dani alves is arrogant, victor valdes is arrogant, van persie is arrogant...Why I can't??

Mate, don't flatter yourself. You're not Jose Mourinho. You make Mourinho look like Ghandi.

Mate, don't flatter yourself. You're not Jose Mourinho. You make Mourinho look like Ghandi.

applause.gif

Too long to wait for this game...

the europa final tonight was a taster (okay wasnt great game, but for the occasion)

but a great game tonight in semifinal of league playoff with huddersfield and bournemouth 3-3 extra time...

cant wait for 28th!!

That will also be this final: the final between the glory hunter fans. Fans that now are playing hardcore fans but are relatively new fans of their club and are swearing that they are following them for ages...

You said everything my friend... football is nowadays a sport supported by "glory hunters".

If you came to Portugal all you see is little kids cheering for FC Porto even in Lisbon, if you are in Spain the moda now is Barcelona (10 years ago was Real Madrid with the Galácticos scene), if you are in England you probably will find more Man United and Chelsea fans than any other club does.

What a pathetic way of life...

As an Englishman I'll be backing United but all I hope for is that we see the fantastic game of football these two teams are capable of producing no matter who wins.

You guys should just ignore all those stupid posts from this guy. He's a typicall troll looking for some attention.

I think someone's stole his account details, that can't be the Vann I remember. :SMUG:

I honestly think Man U won't be able to cope with the passing and pace of the Barca team, whilst I think Giggs has been brilliant for them, I think come Barca he won't be able to cope epsecially when Barca have the ball. Tail that with possibly a Carrick who I don't rate at all and it could be danger danger.

I think it'll be 3-0 to Barca myself.

FD

You said everything my friend... football is nowadays a sport supported by "glory hunters".

If you came to Portugal all you see is little kids cheering for FC Porto even in Lisbon, if you are in Spain the moda now is Barcelona (10 years ago was Real Madrid with the Galácticos scene), if you are in England you probably will find more Man United and Chelsea fans than any other club does.

What a pathetic way of life...

It's not pathetic as such but disappointing. I walk around Watford and the number of Chelsea shirts for instance is rather sad.

To take one extreme example a kid wore a Newcastle shirt one season , then when we were in the Premiership he wore a Watford one and now is wearing Chelsea colours.

Fairweather and gloryhunter.....

It's the media exposure. Unfortunately kids are saturated with Sky coverage which focuses mainly on the clubs at the top end of the Premiership.

It's getting harder than ever to attract young kids to support their local team.

I think someone's stole his account details, that can't be the Vann I remember. :SMUG:

I honestly think Man U won't be able to cope with the passing and pace of the Barca team, whilst I think Giggs has been brilliant for them, I think come Barca he won't be able to cope epsecially when Barca have the ball. Tail that with possibly a Carrick who I don't rate at all and it could be danger danger.

I think it'll be 3-0 to Barca myself.

FD

lol feck me i joined this forum 9 years ago, ive already had the elitist (u dont post on here enough blah blah) scousers on my case, now you FD....

and then you hit me with the 3-0 prediction...

wounded!!

lol

I just think Barca are on a different planet to anything else, they're like a cheat team in PES.

Good to see you still kicking around mate, did wonder were you had went to as not seen much of you in terms of the Man U talk.

Congrats on your team's win mate.

FD

Well, I think it's 50%-50%, as any other final. Both teams are great and more importantly, Manchester can play and win letting us the ball (something only a few teams out there can do). As always, little details and luck can decide the match.

Messi is the key for us. For Man Utd, I would say it's the wingers. The only way to hurt us is to pressure high up and steal the ball in dangerous zones, and if that's not possible, look for a quick counter by the wings.

Really hoping for a frantic match and lots of goals. My prediction: anyone in which we win, please!

First goal will win it for me. If Barca get it they can just keep the ball and frustrate and tire Man Utd players, and they'll simply run out of steam.

If Man Utd get it I can see Barca trying to pass their way to goal and Man Utd being to defensivly organised for them. For instance against other teams (who are less tactically disciplined) Barca tend to pass and pass until they draw opposition players out of formation and exploit the space. I can't see this happening to Man Utd very often if they are in the lead (don't need to attack) and get men behind the ball. Even if it does Van Der Saar is very hard to beat (much as I hate to admit it since I bear a grudge from Marseille in 1998) to my mind he's been their best player over the last few years.

I hope Ferguson starts with Hernandez, I can see his pace and movement causing Puyol and Piqué problems, even if he doesnt play the full 90 his pace and movement will drag them around and free up space for others. If he just plays one upfront (and that one is say Rooney and he packs the midfield with the likes of Carrick, Gibson and even Anderson) they wont really test Barca's central defence much. I still think a shot from distance has a good chance of beating Valdes as, imo, he's a weak link in the team and not a great keeper at all.

Even if it does Van Der Saar is very hard to beat (much as I hate to admit it since I bear a grudge from Marseille in 1998) to my mind he's been their best player over the last few years.
Heh, what goes around comes around. Remember Simeone earlier in the tournament?

I still think a shot from distance has a good chance of beating Valdes as, imo, he's a weak link in the team and not a great keeper at all.

Valdes has been one of the best goalkeepers in Europe in the last 3 seasons. Not only he has been the best goalkeeper in Spain (yes, you can see his statistics in 1 vs 1s and shots/saves) but also he was a key player in winning the last 2 champions. Specially against Arsenal he saved 2 1vs1, and has been very safe during all the season.

Besides, he's one of the best keepers playing with his feet, andthat's something that Barça system desperately needs.

If there's a weak link in the team, in all aspects, it's Busquets.

Yes he's a piece of shit but a vastly improved GK and actually one of the world's best now. Which is werid... because a few yeras ago I never thought I'd say that!

Valdes has been one of the best goalkeepers in Europe in the last 3 seasons. Not only he has been the best goalkeeper in Spain (yes, you can see his statistics in 1 vs 1s and shots/saves) but also he was a key player in winning the last 2 champions. Specially against Arsenal he saved 2 1vs1, and has been very safe during all the season.

Besides, he's one of the best keepers playing with his feet, andthat's something that Barça system desperately needs.

If there's a weak link in the team, in all aspects, it's Busquets.

I really don't think he's that good as a goal keeper. It's interesting you bring up the Arsenal matches, because from what I remember he made two sloppy errors in both London legs (this year and last year). Walcott's shot last year went under him, and this year and Van Persie's shot this year went clean through his near post. He was also nearly beaten at his near post in the 5-1 vs Shakhtar by Willian. I remember looking at that game and thinking he was very erratic, he didn't deal with a back pass in the first half from Alves (it's wasnt a great back pass), went racing out of his area nearly fouled the Shakhtar striker and was almost lobbed by their number 10, and then near the end (at 4-1) he was beaten from by Luiz Adriano from his near post.

Walcott
YouTube - Theo Walcott Vs Barcelona Home 09-10 HD 720P By Anass (about 44 seconds in)
Van Persie
YouTube - VAN PERSIE BARCELONA 1 - 1

He'll often fumble catchable shots and this could me a predator like Hernandez would have a chance at the rebound

YouTube - Inter Barcellona 3 - 1 20/04/2010 highlights by sky italia (35 seconds, he spills the ball to Milito).

Also for the third goal in that game I think he could have controlled his 6 yard box better. I can think of 5 keepers better than him in the Champions League this season (Van Der Saar, Casillas, Lloris, Cech, Neuer). I just think he's big weak link.

He is a great keeper and has made some marvelous save but yeah I agree with the point that you can expect him to mess up at some points like a bad pass or position.

Interesting statistic about Valdes is that maybe he is the least tested goalkeeper in Europe right now. He even said it himself.

Van der Sar is clearly the better GK.
It can well be possible that Valdes is as good as Casillas or better...but i'm not convinced by Casillas either. He seems a wonderfull chap, one of the few football players i would like to talk with, but as GK he makes errors now and then...

As for Valdes, i don't see him week in, week out, but when i see him, i don't think he instills confidence.
To me Reina is the best Spanish GK (although when he played against Argentina a couple of months he had a very bad match).

I think Valdes is an excellent goalie and for me Casillas is top drawer too, yeah he's had some mistakes but jeez that guy has kept Real in games all by himself on numerous occassions.

FD

Casillas usually messes up when he leaves the goal but between the sticks he is a legend.

Right now I think Van der Sar is the most secure GK out there. He has been in top form all his time at Manchester. Sad to see him retire. I think only Neuer can make Manchester not miss him.

Really? I think he gets really nervous when the ball is at his feet and attempts a sloppy pass to the sidelines, at least is the Classico he did these a bunch of times but I guess you know him much better than me.

Last edited:
Casillas usually messes up when he leaves the goal but between the sticks he is a legend.

Right now I think Van der Sar is the most secure GK out there. He has been in top form all his time at Manchester. Sad to see him retire. I think only Neuer can make Manchester not miss him.

Really? I think he gets really nervous when the ball is at his feet and attempts a sloppy pass to the sidelines, at least is the Classico he did these a bunch of times but I guess you know him much better than me.

Victor valdes is the "libero" in barça, the 3th CB...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom