Wipeout HD - PS3

How the hell do you guys (KRadiation and Sarah) get so far ahead?! You're turning sharp corners with ease, when I try to turn them thinking I have the right angle, and use my airbrakes, I slow right down while you guys whizzed on!

I had no chance :((

Good battle with PBB in the second-to-last race I had though, enjoyed that one :DD

How the hell do you guys (KRadiation and Sarah) get so far ahead?! You're turning sharp corners with ease, when I try to turn them thinking I have the right angle, and use my airbrakes, I slow right down while you guys whizzed on!

Good battle with PBB in the second-to-last race I had though, enjoyed that one :DD

I know! How about this - I BEAT THEM BOTH IN ONE RACE!!!! :LOL:

No idea how - they must have been totally killing each other. Was quite comfortable until the end when KRad was bombing my ass off and I just about sneaked the win... good race!

Is that you done for the night Dags?

-

That reverse race was rock hard - ive not done any of the tracks backwards yet so it completely threw me.

I have special powers. Thanks for the games, was great fun, well enjoyed it. More tomorrow, same time? I'm off to play Tomb Raider now, might be back later tonight I dunno. Shame you couldn't make it Dar!

I found cornering impossible for days but going back down to the 1 star speed everything felt slower and easier. Though that didn't mean i didn't bounce off a few walls here and there. I've no idea how i took them without slowing, maybe the craft had something to do with it? I was using the one that sounded like a japanese woman was saying Haribo.

Yeah sorry guys, my PS3 just couldn't hold a connection to the PSN, not sure why at all, it's never happened before. :(

I went on with the campaign mode and got a few golds in the fourth section. Hopefully I can make it on next time for a few races, look forward to it. :D

I noticed i won a trophy for playing 10 games online - i think we hit about 16 races in the end - yet i didnt get the win 10 games online trophy? But im sure i won 10 games in total ?

Though this game is a little weird for trophies - has anyone else noticed that the game unlocks them for you about a minute or 2 AFTER you've done what was required? A good example is i achieved medals on all the races on the first teir in campaign and i didnt get the trophy popping up until i was midway through a race on tier 2.

Is that you done for the night Dags?

-

That reverse race was rock hard - ive not done any of the tracks backwards yet so it completely threw me.

Yep mate, I was only staying on for half an hour or so before I started watching Prison Break and Chuck :DD We'll have to arrange another tournament though, it was fun :DD

We'll have to arrange what we're doing on here before our next game - being the host i was sat around sending messages for most of the time no doubt leaving others thinking 'what's going on?'

I didn't know if i should make the tournaments friends only so only we were in or if i should have made it public and let any old sod in.

I'll have to remove the last 2 lbp beta friends who added me so i can get Dar and Mart on - then we wouldn't have to let the public in as we'd have a good outing.

Tell you what - god help us on friday night and the weekend when fifa is here and we're trying to play some 10 vs 10 BAPs

Your online games have tempted me to download this....I will tonight! I am totally shite at Wipeout though so I will easily be beaten! Its the taking part though isn't it?? ;)

It is mate, if you're crap then you'll be with me and PBB. The other "Big Two" can't really be touched unless they get into big scraps and you have a great race (as PBB proved is possible :TU:)

It's still good fun, even though I kept finishing 3/4 in the races :LOL:

It is mate, if you're crap then you'll be with me and PBB. The other "Big Two" can't really be touched unless they get into big scraps and you have a great race (as PBB proved is possible :TU:)

It's still good fun, even though I kept finishing 3/4 in the races :LOL:

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!

Dont lump me in with you and 'being crap'...

(I am far worse and you dont deserve that mate! :LOL:)

Ah yea... you suck!

Really dont know what happened with that - if you come in here later Rad, try to explain what happened!?

Hopefully we can get some more in tonight (though Heroes is on) before everyone crawls into their FIFA holes :(

Someone else will have to do the hosting so we can get more in - I've no idea how the hell i have 60 friends on my list but when i go through them im thinking 'well i'll keep them, and them and they're ok... they're alright even though ive not played with them for months... they're ok and them'

Who do we have...

Rad
Pbb
Dags
Sarah
Dar
Mart
SergeantAngel
Clockender

Enough for a full grid!

Someone else will have to do the hosting so we can get more in - I've no idea how the hell i have 60 friends on my list but when i go through them im thinking 'well i'll keep them, and them and they're ok... they're alright even though ive not played with them for months... they're ok and them'

Who do we have...

Rad
Pbb
Dags
Sarah
Dar
Mart
SergeantAngel
Clockender

Enough for a full grid!

Should be good if we can get a full house!

Know what you mean about the PSN friends - I've got people on there (most!) that I have no idea who they are, or where they are from and never play with anyone anyway!

PSN really does need a 'Join Game' feature like 360 - then you can jump in and join people and build up your gaming time like that.

One problem I found was that if you create a SINGLE RACE when it's over we all get dumped back to the main menu --- if you create a tournament, when it's over we all end up back in the game lobby ready for another game.

add my psn id. I've got this, but I work shifts, if thats ok?

People that work shifts are never ok in my book. Just cant trust 'em...

;))

Hopefully I wont have any problems tonight and I can get in for some races, would be great if we could manage the full grid alright, I'm sure it would be mental. haha.

I can't play online until the patch is out, I have to sign out of PSN to play this great game.

:brick:

Too many friends?

I deleted and re downloaded the game the other day and since then I can remove the press select text by pressing select on the main menu and then hitting :circle: before the debug menu loads.

Well I'm available for whatever time tonight, and I deleted loaaaaddddssss of people from my PSN the other night because I had no idea who they were, so I shall add all the people who are up for playing if you like and I can host unless someone else wants to, whatever is cool with me!

You else got the lapped out trophy?

I've just done it this morning - took me over an hour on Moa Therma with the first ship - Feisar I think it's called?

It's not on the global server leaderboards yet but it will be in an hour or so...

IMG0199A.jpg
-

Updated list of wipeout owners

Radiation - PSN ID: KRadiation
Pboreham - PSN ID: pbb76
Dags - PSN ID: Dazimus
Sarah - PSN ID: brunettepride
Dar - PSN ID: Dar_
Mart - PSN ID: el_Mart
cowden_harley - PSN ID: SergeantAngel
PSN ID: Clockender
PSN ID: tobi316
matherto - PSN ID: matherto
Blaccat - PSN ID: Blaccat (I think?)

Other people who have posted in here and might have the game or be getting the game

proxi PSN ID: trance_timelord
Chris Bauer - PSN ID: UKJackBauer
Holio - PSN ID: xCJW
TikTikTikTikTik - PSN ID: Tiktiktiktik
jeblo05 - PSN ID: jeblo05
JimJoeC - PSN ID: JimSaint
airjoca - PSN ID: airjoca

Last edited:
Some more action and shortcut pics

Couple of action shots
wohd_20080929_155202jpg.jpg

wohd_20080929_155423jpg.jpg

wohd_20080930_000722jpg.jpg

Short cut screens

What happens if you boost as you exit the WRONG tunnel on Sebenco Climb. I used the boost by mistake and ended up missing the boost pads below :( - the better boost jump is the one that comes after the tunnel that im about to go into on this pic - you skip all of the left/right/left/right track and land ready for a hard right and finish line.
wohd_20080929_154715jpg.jpg

My shortcut across the Ubermall map - use a boost as the tracks rejoin and you hit the boost pad and then try to stay above the track and hope you drop back down before you hit that glass wall above the arch in the pic
wohd_20080930_183934jpg.jpg

Though that corner is quite easy now ive got the hang of it so this shortcut isn't really worth the risk anymore - but still cool to do and drop down in front of someone leaving them with the 'what the fuck? where did they come from'

Last edited:
I'll definitely be on, so I shall add the list of the definites you posted that I don't already have Rad as long as it's okay with them!

So shall we start at 10? Make sure we're all on for like 9.45 or something. This'll be fun. :D Also nice one Rad!! You're l33t now haha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom