Wipeout HD - PS3

You nicked that one with the ramp on the right from me - just before that ramp corner machine gun up my arse and then you zipped off - i caught you with a boost but then you zipped away with it

Sarah has resigned herself to not being able to have a successful night on it now, the net connection just tripped off for 2 seconds when racing then, she says "I'm off to bake a cake and strut my stuff to Lionel Blair, and will be jiving my way back to Wipeout tomorrow at the same time"

(or something like that)

I've just realised that I shouldn't have been letting off accelerate when air-braking! I thought I'd try braking while still holding X and it works MUCH MUCH better, I feel like I can control the ship more while also keeping speed up!

Some great races there too! Finished 2nd in about the 3rd race, which was odd because I was last, dropped off the ramp and appeared in 1st!

And Blaccat is a dirty sod, just kept smashing me into the walls and destroying my ship :LOL:

I've just realised that I shouldn't have been letting off accelerate when air-braking! I thought I'd try braking while still holding X and it works MUCH MUCH better, I feel like I can control the ship more while also keeping speed up!

Some great races there too! Finished 2nd in about the 3rd race, which was odd because I was last, dropped off the ramp and appeared in 1st!

And Blaccat is a dirty sod, just kept smashing me into the walls and destroying my ship :LOL:
lol, u blew up my ship once and made me finish last twice... just a lil payback mate

Good races guys!!

I didn't think I did too bad considering I had only just installed the game! I had to leave at 10.40 as I had an early start this morning.

I played a quick Zone game aswell and its immense!

Love this game!

DL'd it last night, played a race and a speed lap, tis certainly something you need to learn and get used to again, but nothing has come close to Wip3out in terms of anti-grav racing fun with weapons, although the weapons are very hit and miss at times, my first race though, the CPU did unleash a Quake.

Quick question, is there no re-charge areas now? So if you ship gets really low your funked?

Also I must of clicked the DL button twice on my PS3, so now I have one installed and one not......... is there a limit to how many times you can DL your game? Only asking as I'm thinking of upgrading my HDD, my current 60 is over half full.

Ta lads, maybe my first PSN online game will be Wip3out.

If your energy is low, collect a weapon and press square and it converts the weapon to ship energy instead.

You can download the game on up to 5 different consoles, as many times as you want on the same machine though? I've got myself signed into my brothers PS3 so when I buy a game, he gets one of my copies as well ;))

If your energy is low, collect a weapon and press square and it converts the weapon to ship energy instead.

You can download the game on up to 5 different consoles, as many times as you want on the same machine though? I've got myself signed into my brothers PS3 so when I buy a game, he gets one of my copies as well ;))

Its circle to recharge and square to fire :)

Had to run last night, but thanks for the games lads and ladies. Jeez, I was awful! I guess nobody else uses motion controls then?!

If I cannot improve, I'm going to have to drop the motion controls and 'go stick'.

Tried the motion controls and was just far too weird :LOL: My ship was all over the place, I think I had the sensitivity too high though (default).

It's circle to recharge and square to fire :)

I wish I knew that last night - on Vineta K I was seriously on 0 health for 2 entire laps with someone right up my arse all the way. I didn't have a clue who it was because I was terrified of clipped the edge of the track while I looked behind me.

And then on Chenghou Project I was behind Dags with 5 health - we both came off that huge ramp/drop landed and he bumped me a sending me down to 1 health ... we shot through the tunnel and he perfected it and I clipped the left wall by the 2 speed boosts and exploded. Somehow I came back and was still in second place and had to swing myself to the left hard so I could clip the speed boost and send me forwards quickly.

They were great races last night - just a shame Fifa is here now to drag us away from this.

:LOL: I think I remember that race! Proper adrenaline rush because I knew you were right behind me and I really had to concentrate from stopping you pass me :DD

I'm sure we'll get another race night sorted soon enough, possibly Sunday evening?

Yea, I'm not sure about the "Contender Eliminated" thing. You get put back on the track.

I thought it might be so you dont get 'bored' and can drive around the track still as a 'ghost' ship and not interfere with the race - and hence your points dont count, but I dont think thats the case is it?

Yea, I'm not sure about the "Contender Eliminated" thing. You get put back on the track.

I thought it might be so you dont get 'bored' and can drive around the track still as a 'ghost' ship and not interfere with the race - and hence your points dont count, but I dont think thats the case is it?

No its not cos I one of my first races I blew someone up on the last lap but was really low myself, "contender eliminated" was announced so I just crawled around just praying I didn't hit anything, next thing I know the guy I had blown up came flying past me and took 3rd place...:LOL:

That's what I love about this game, every race is different and you never know what's gonna happen! Can't believe after all that pissing about we had to do cause of the servers my net cut off, unbelievable. I'm definitely up for more later!

I'll try and jump on later on - the little ones winding down her first birthday now and is ready for a sleep.

Have you got more than 60 friends now because of fifa? I had lock ups on the main menu or before that because i had 61 friends

I've just been on wipeout for about an hour - i wasn't online playing online though so maybe thats why i wasn't showing up anywhere. I'm on the last of the campaign sections now and everything is 4 star speed and super hard to control

I've just been on wipeout for about an hour - i wasn't online playing online though so maybe thats why i wasn't showing up anywhere. I'm on the last of the campaign sections now and everything is 4 star speed and super hard to control

I had this, I was playing away and for some reason it had signed me out of PSN but my PS3 had not told me that it had signed out.

Strange.

Me neither, I'm sure it's there though because other ships can FLY passed me at the start!

Back
Top Bottom