Wipeout HD - PS3

yes you can - i think you press accelerate just before 1 - ive done it a few times and you get white speed lines around your ship as you boost forwards

I've always pressed it just, and I mean just after GO or START [can't remember which it is now!] and I've got a boost at the start.

Update is out... no news on what it fixes other than this quote;

"If at any time you have had over 50 users in your friends list whilst playing Wipeout it is possible that your saved data has become corrupted.

If this situation applies to you, we strongly recommend once this update has installed you quit the game and delete your saved data using the saved data utility in the XMB, then relaunch the game to create a new profile"

It then goes on to say this will not affect your collected trophies or online records but will delete all your campaign progress, team loyalties and in game settings.

Shoddy to not have noticed that bug and that people will lose so much data because of it.

Ahh well, I don't mind starting again. Could be better, could be worse. I love this game though so I really do not mind having an excuse to play it more.

Now this game I love. Finally got round to buying it yesterday and have been playing it all today. The soundtrack is amazing and even though I'm getting my ass handed to me on the later stages there's just something about this game that is so addictive that I want more.

Daren't go online with it yet for fear of being punished.

*Goes back to play more Wipeout*

Count me in.

I noticed the track resume feature yesterday, sweet!

My PS3 is still signing me out after every 2mins or so when I sign in to the PSN, thats the only reason I've not been about on this at all.
I dont have a clue how to fix it, I've tried practically everything. Funny thing is it only started when I installed Wipeout, so this game has more than just the 50 friends bug, because I only have about 6 friends and funnily enough the bug only started after I had added a couple of you guys on here, so I think it may be something to do with adding friends once this is installed. Either way it makes me a sad bear. :(

I would definitely at least E-Mail Sony, that is a joke. I know this is a stupid question but have you got rid of it then downloaded it again? You don't have to pay again or anything. I'd be on the phone to Sony.

Yeah I've done that Yana. Clean re-install and it still does the same thing. What I might do this evening is delete Wipeout (again) and hard reboot my system. Then try logging in and see how it does. If all is well then I may download it (for the third time) and install it again, maybe erase all my saves etc... first, then see how it is.
Otherwise I dunno whats wrong with it. I've read loads of different theories on what the Error (8002ad23) is and there are plenty. I've tried any fix I have come across, but none of them work.

That's just really daft. Like I said, I would most definitely be on the phone, really stupid thing to happen again and again. I guess one last resort to try is to make a whole new PSN account.

Well I managed to fix it, seems to have been a corrupt Friends List or something, as I deleted all of my friends (nothing personal... in most cases ;) ) and then the problem disappeared...

I've re-added most of you, if I've missed you out and I'm not on your list anymore (if you even notice) then just add me back if ya like.

Right... onto Wipeout, booted it today and got an update for it, 1.20. I'm not sure what it does but I think so far I can tell it's something to do with the difficulties and different times etc... for the different levels? Or was that always there?!

Ok guys those that were finding this game a bit too tough,the new patch has now given you the option of choosing between Novice,Skilled or Elite in Campaign....the trophies you get will be determined on which level you got them at.

Also online has been changed so that once a grid og 8 racers is full a race will auto start 1.30m after the last person joined,no more sitting waiting for so fool to start the race.

:)

Update coming tomorrow.

I've been playing the game again recently and I only just noticed the airbrake sensitivity meter.

It makes a huge difference, now I know why I kept on failing whenever I took off the assist.

That's a quality update. More and more games are moving towards online badges and rankings it seems :)

Yea, will definitely grab that and give it another go.

Class game, got left by the wayside with so many other good releases.

I downloaded the update but the game has frozen on me twice in the same place (auto save screen).

EDIT: Found a temporary solution, sign out of PSN, boot up the game, then sign back in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom