Wipeout HD - PS3

Was a definite purchase on my list, though cant wait for Wipeout new game whenever it might be coming! I really liked Fusion too, which I know alot of people didnt.

WipEout HD has yet to be released because of a "specific technical problem", but Sony hopes it will be out "before the end of the year".

"There is a specific technical problem with WipEout that we have to solve. I can't go into details but it is a really, really tricky technical problem that no region has been able to solve at the moment," Sony Europe boss David Reeves told us when we hassled him about the game's progress this week at LA.

"I think it will come out before the end of the year but it is something that was just very difficult to get to grips with."

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=191929

damn. One of the reasons I've bought a PS3....

"I think it will come out before the end of the year but it is something that was just very difficult to get to grips with."

Disappointing.

No proof it was that, that's just rumours. I can imagine it being true though.

Oh my god I want this. I LOVE Wipeout games, played it since the PS1 title and it's always been an essential game for me. This looks great.

As you can tell by the fact you still can’t buy it, WipEout HD has been delayed. Rumours suggest the reason for the hold-up could be epilepsy tests, it could be glitchy online play, it could be anything and everything in between. But what do Sony have to say about the whole thing? They’ve got a very sensible answer:

The reason for the delay of WipEout HD on PS3 has been due to the many improvements we have been making and the numerous features we've added to the game. These include: 8 reverse tracks, 4 extra ships, 2 alternative HUDS, 2 Player offline split screen and XMB Trophy support. We look forward to sharing WipEout HD with you very soon.

Regarding the speculation about health issues, we can assure you that we take consumer safety very seriously and monitor it very carefully.

That last line doesn’t entirely rule out the epilepsy stuff, but that first paragraph is making the wait sound worth it regardless.

That good then if they're adding in loads of extras with the delay and its not just delayed because it's broken. But still... is this a real new wipeout game or just a 'best of' compilation in HD?

It's WipeOut Pure and Pulse best off from the PSP in HD, I thought it was going to be a best of the series as such, but its based on the PSP games.

New trailer, Sony say its on track a fall release...

Click

:COOL:

Woot Woot for the UK too! Pretty cheap too, thankfully, so many games to get around this time of the year. :/

We've just had word from SCEE that the UK release of WipEout HD will indeed be priced at £11.99 and will be released on the same day as our American cousins, September 25. This is great news and we cannot wait to get our hands on the title next week.

Source clicky here.

i think it looks like exactly what you can expect for 12 quid. ;)

fast graphics, yeah, but in my opinion the explosions look shit and the whole graphical style, even if it is set in the future, looks way too clean, polished and not "natural".

but than i've never been a fan of wipeout. so i might be biased. ;)

When I played videogames properly, I filled my boots with the original Wipeout on PSX. The PSP versions were funky but I don't have a PSP any more due to the gaming claw I got after using it. This is the first reason for getting a PS3 for me, will anyone buy me one pretty please?

Sell the rights to evo-web and you can start a PS3 shop Mart...
Honestly, i have one and i can assure that it isn't the best investment.
I'm disappointed by nextgen consoles, too "clean", better graphicsbut no soul...
I've heard certain XBox360 owners say something similar...but i shouldn't speak about that one, because i don't have it. If i had to make a choice now, i would buy a 360...

You can have mine Mart, it's sat here gathering dust for a while now. I can't be bothered dusting it every five minutes (it's like snow on a mountain if you leave it any longer).

EDIT: For money, obviously. ;)

EDIT: For money, obviously. ;)
That was all going so well. I knew I should've stopped you being able to edit posts.

I hear you, Gerd, I'm very familiar with both systems but have only got a treesiddy myself. I think it will take something amazing from Team Ico to push me into PS3land. That will have soul. :)

Erm, Wipeout HD eh?

i think it looks like exactly what you can expect for 12 quid. ;)

fast graphics, yeah, but in my opinion the explosions look shit and the whole graphical style, even if it is set in the future, looks way too clean, polished and not "natural".

but than i've never been a fan of wipeout. so i might be biased. ;)

Gameplay over graphics every time for me.

Glad PS3 is getting a decent exclusive for a change (I'm looking at you Haze).

Is it online? As in five or six people racing at once?

I always work hard :DD

Just realised the game comes out this Thursday! I've got no money in my account but I could still pay for something online yesterday so I'll try loading money into my account tonight and see if it works :))

Otherwise I'll have to wait until next Tuesday.

Don't think it was ever confirmed confirmed, but it was strongly suggested that WipeOut HD's lengthy delay was the result of the game failing epilepsy tests. That suggestion looks pretty likely today, with the news that the game's going to ship with the mother of all epilepsy warnings at the front. Every time you play the game, you'll have to scroll through a large warning message that goes above and beyond what you'd normally expect, with the message dealing mostly with the games "flashing or flickering lights or geometric shapes and patterns". If you're sensitive to that sort of stuff, be warned.
EVERYTIME?! Bah.

Back
Top Bottom