Wipeout HD - PS3

Just got the original Wipeout OST :DANCE:

Wanna share the love guys?

I just had a look on Wiki and there were some class tracks (music!) on the original - especially the CD that was released, which had Orbital, Prodigy, Shamen and the Manics on....

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,02. CoLD SToRAGE - Cairodrome.mp3
02. CoLD SToRAGE - Cairodrome.mp3

#EXTINF:0,03. CoLD SToRAGE - Cardinal Dancer.mp3
03. CoLD SToRAGE - Cardinal Dancer.mp3

#EXTINF:0,04. CoLD SToRAGE - Cold Comfort.mp3
04. CoLD SToRAGE - Cold Comfort.mp3

#EXTINF:0,05. CoLD SToRAGE - DOH-T.mp3
05. CoLD SToRAGE - DOH-T.mp3

#EXTINF:0,06. CoLD SToRAGE - Messij.mp3
06. CoLD SToRAGE - Messij.mp3

#EXTINF:0,07. CoLD SToRAGE - Operatique.mp3
07. CoLD SToRAGE - Operatique.mp3

#EXTINF:0,08. CoLD SToRAGE - Tentative.mp3
08. CoLD SToRAGE - Tentative.mp3

#EXTINF:0,09. CoLD SToRAGE - Trancevaal.mp3
09. CoLD SToRAGE - Trancevaal.mp3

#EXTINF:0,10. Leftfield - Afro-Ride.mp3
10. Leftfield - Afro-Ride.mp3

#EXTINF:0,11. Chemical Brothers - Chemical Beats.mp3
11. Chemical Brothers - Chemical Beats.mp3

#EXTINF:0,12. Orbital - P.E.T.R.O.L. (Wipeout Mix).mp3
12. Orbital - P.E.T.R.O.L. (Wipeout Mix).mp3

#EXTINF:0,Bonus. Cold Storage - WipEout - Messij Extended.mp3
Bonus. Cold Storage - WipEout - Messij Extended.mp3

---------------------------------------------------

I'm crap at this game, really. Only on the second stage, I can just about get bronze on Anulpha Pass Speed Lap, and finished 7/8 on the race. Done the track so many times but I just can't get it right :((

I'm finding Tiesto is really good to play along to :))

I think my tracklist is different to what you had PB?

Yea, thats the ingame tracklist of Wipeout 1 and then they released a CD at the same time with more commercial stuff on.

I'm shite at it too Dags - are you using 'Pilot Assist' as that slows you down alot. I'll be coming off that soon!

Other than that, its about being smooth round the bends and hitting all the right boost ramps. Still very hard though. I was getting a bit handy in the 8 player onlines last night - finishing 3rd/4th a few times.

===

* Leftfield: "Afro Ride"
* Chemical Brothers: "Chemical Beats"
* New Order: "Blue Monday (Hardfloor Mix)"
* Age of Love: "The Age of Love (Jam & Spoon Mix)"
* Orbital: "Wipeout (P.E.T.R.O.L)"
* The Prodigy: "One Love (Edit)"
* Manic Street Preachers: "La Tristesse Durera (Scream To A Sigh)"
* Sunscreem: "When (K-Klass Pharmacy Mix)"
* B.B. feat Angie Brown: "Good Enough (Geminis Psychosis Mix)"
* Robert Armani: "Circus Bells (Hardfloor Remix)"
* Dreadzone: "Captain Dread"
* The Shamen: "Transamazonia (Deep Dish Rockit Express Dub Mix)"

Last edited:
Nah turned pilot assist off straight away, I'd rather learn the hard way. I'm mainly struggling with my timing of the air brakes, I just can't get my turns right with the tight corners.

The Warped stage is a pain, can't seem to get higher than bronze :((

PB, listen to KoL - Closer while doing a Zone course ;))

And Sex On Fire to any course :DD

Nah turned pilot assist off straight away, I'd rather learn the hard way. I'm mainly struggling with my timing of the air brakes, I just can't get my turns right with the tight corners.

The Warped stage is a pain, can't seem to get higher than bronze :((

PB, listen to KoL - Closer while doing a Zone course ;))

And Sex On Fire to any course :DD

Ahhh man - KoL is so good! I'll stick it on - and I'll do some Death Magnetic too, really getting into that now. If you havent yet, I do suggest some repeated listens. Once you get past all the shite n noise, its actually quite good!

I'm definitely going to try and get some tickets for the KoL tour though.

How did your mate get such amgles on his photos? All i seem to have are locked to my ship - locked inside my ship and locked to the track side camera angles.

-

Just noticed as well he has no PRESS SELECT on his screen!?

According to him all you have to do is move the analogue sticks and you should be able to move it around freely. Square and analogue stick for one thing allows you to pan.

And the PRESS SELECT thing is for people who are having the issues with the game it seems.

You can only move the sticks around on one of the views - so im guessing that's the view he's used - spotted you can get a preview if you leave the game alone for a few seconds as well.

For the music - i copied the youtube link into Zamzar's site - chose URL - picked MP3 output and put my email in and they converted the flv into mp3 for me. I've been put off mininova a little after a friend downloaded a few files and they all had viruses in the zip despite his virus scans showing they were clean - I don't know anywhere else to download the tracks from.

And I'm shit at this as well - ive golded the first campaign and got gold on everything but the race in the top left on the second lot - i always blow up - ive got gold and silvers on the 3rd but i don't know the tracks well enough to aim for gold yet.

I'm getting pissed off with the game now. I just can't do the top left race on Warped (stage 2) and it's doing my head in. I'm only on bloody novice, I can barely get to 5th place before a bomb or mines just "happen" to turn up in front of me and I go straight back to 8th place again.

If this is how difficult it is on Novice, I'd hate to try Elite. This is just way too difficult for a beginners level.

Same level I've yet to do - I always die before i finish the race and even then i'm lucky if im in the top 3 at that point.

I had the same problem with Wipeout on the PS2/PSP; the gameplay is great but it's so easy to explode. You have to do the perfect race, you have to avoid the walls at all costs, and it's a nightmare.

You do get used to it, at least I did. You can't just do a messy race and get away with it, the game is very hard.

just played this online with a mate for a couple of hours and it is awesome online. So smooth, easy to setup etc and voice comms are good just remember to push l1 to talk

I had the same problem with Wipeout on the PS2/PSP; the gameplay is great but it's so easy to explode. You have to do the perfect race, you have to avoid the walls at all costs, and it's a nightmare.

You do get used to it, at least I did. You can't just do a messy race and get away with it, the game is very hard.

I got very good in zones races on the PSP version. Like 'pathetic person who stays on games his entire life' good. Hopefully I'll be decent at this, other wise these type of levels so early on in the game will leave me feeling cheated.

3090ojc.jpg

I am loving this game, definitely a bargain for £12. The graphics are gorgeous, online runs brilliantly although there is some elite fucks already. :lol: The zones are one of my favorite modes at the moment, they are just so cool, also I am so happy with the custom soundtracks, put around 30 songs on my PS3 already! I find the control is a lot easier than the previous versions too, more responsive.

I'm still having problems with this game - i deleted it today and re downloaded and for an hour i was 'PRESS SELECT' free - but it keeps coming back now and again. Then the servers decided to go down for me so I couldn't go online or check the leaderboards and now I've hit a skill level brick wall at 3 or 4 stars where everything has suddenly become insanely fast!

More pics
(Spoiler Tagged for those who don't care)

wohd_20080925_222237jpg.jpg

wohd_20080926_001308jpg.jpg

wohd_20080926_001714jpg.jpg

wohd_20080926_104215jpg.jpg

wohd_20080926_104916jpg.jpg

wohd_20080926_105146jpg.jpg

wohd_20080926_110109jpg.jpg

wohd_20080927_010836jpg.jpg

wohd_20080928_213704jpg.jpg

wohd_20080928_224140jpg.jpg

Good pics :) Messed around with this last night whilst the servers were down - like the way you can save the image as your desktop, so I've got one on there for now.

Been using zamzar a load the last few days and made up a pretty funky soundtrack for wipeout

I cut the long intro off bomfunk mc's - freestyler and Leftfield - Afrika Shox
(Youtube Vids)

Then I've got

Daft Punk - Human After All
Blue Monday - Hardfloor Mix
Firestarter (Instrumental)
Chemical Brothers - C.Beats
MGS 4 Theme REMIX
Stir Up Tha Bass
Knight Rider Theme Remix

Any more suggestions?

What does this PRESS SELECT thing mean? I bought it this morning and booted the game just to see some things and the PRESS SELECT was in the top corner, I pressed it and the game crashed!

That's what it does. Fuck knows why - also if you have more than 60 friends and you're online the game will crash.

I've got 70+ on my list, I'll wont go online until its sorted.

I was alright over the weekend and thought i'd dodged that bullet - I've got about 65 but last night I couldnt get past the title screen so i deleted the last 5 that added me (don't worry, they're all LBP Beta who added me after playing my levels) and it worked again.

What exactly is this PRESS SELECT thing? I've never seen it at all, never had one problem with this game, never crashed or anything. I've never even seen a press select screen?

What exactly is this PRESS SELECT thing? I've never seen it at all, never had one problem with this game, never crashed or anything. I've never even seen a press select screen?

Seems to be some sort of debug tool that maybe the devs used when testing.

Whenever I've pressed it, brings up a debug screen and crashes.

Apparantly a patch is coming...

3 times I've booted up the game and each time the game has froze and I haven't even got gotten close to starting a race, I'm just reading the game manual/info and the bloody thing freezes.

Not impressed Sony!

Right, so far I've managed to get all gold on the first two competitions, the third, Frenzy, is a complete and utter bollox on some of the stages.

It's the first Zone level I've not managed a gold on yet. Damn Bronze is staring at me. :(

I'm definately improving though, it's a good thing the music is good, otherwise it could get seriously frustrating doing a level over and over to try and get that Gold. haha. :D

Any more suggestions?
I prepared a nice collection of 96kbps cuts of breakbeat, hard dance, trance and hardcore for Sarah the other day. No real slices of cheddar but some of the tunes fit like a dream. It's all the "best bits" of the tunes. I'll upload them in a pack if you'd like old boy.
Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar (Hybrid Mix)
Alter Ego - Rocker (Christian J Mix)
Pendulum Vs Armin van Buuren - Another In & Out
BK - Playing With Knives (Cortina Mk2 Mix)
Breeze & Styles - Sonic
Chris Lake & Deadmau5 - I Thought Inside Out
Darren Styles - Drop Zone (Mark Eteson Remix)
Shredda - Chainsaw (The Crow Mix)
Pendulum - The Other Side
Pendulum - The Other Side (VIP Mix)
Pendulum - Propane Nightmares (Propane Cunts Mix)
Red Bull Junkies - In This World (Mark Eteson Remix)
Simon Patterson - F16
Killers Vs Sub Focus - Mr Brightside (DnB Bootleg)
Fatboy Slim - Kalifornia
Hyper - We Control (Mark Eteson Remix)
Emma Shaplin - Spente Le Stelle (Yomanda Mix)
Slusnik Luna - Sun
Mauro Picotto - Proximus (BA Mix)
Iridium Vs Pandemik - Love Arcade
Rank 1 - Airwave (Breaks Mix)
Jakazid - Cillit Bang

Back
Top Bottom