Wipeout HD - PS3

Ahh I noticed you went offline shortly after booting the game - i thought there might have been an update for it.

Soooooo slooooowwww downloading!

It's seriously taking like a minute or two per megabyte, crazy! :((

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF?

I have PRESS SELECT in the top right hand corner all the time - if i press it it takes me to some debug screen and if i press X there the ps3 locks up.

anyone else got this??

Superb game! Everything you would imagine Wipeout HD would be. Fast, smooth, excellent graphics, thumping soundtrack and loving the motion controls.

£12??? Bargain!

I've gotta go out now, but hope we can get some online racing after 9pm!

So did you guys like the original? I remember playing it and mainly enjoying the music, never got into the game though. Just seemed to lack control.

I use to go to a certain gameshop near ours quite a lot (when I was 16 or something) and they had a "virtualboy" kinda thing for the ps1. Got to test it, was really weird. You had two screens, one for each eye and they let me play wipeout. I nearly fell over doing some of the bends and hills, you totally lost a sense of space and balance. Never got released over here. Was probably the best way to play the game though, normal tv screens just make it dull for me ;)

The game has iissues according to some pissed off folks at the official forums.

For fucks sake, STILL at 20% !!! PSN has slowed to a bloody crawl with this game coming out, I wont even have it tonight at this rate! :brick:

I might invest if I could play a demo first. But I could say the same thing about the vast majority of PSN games; I wonder why they don't bother with them? I've bought ten games via Xbox Live purely because I tried the demo, wouldn't have ever bothered with them otherwise.

WTF?

I have PRESS SELECT in the top right hand corner all the time - if i press it it takes me to some debug screen and if i press X there the ps3 locks up.

anyone else got this??

same here, sign out off psn

and it works but for some reason u cant log on to psn without it crashing

Its seems like if u have about 70 ppl on ur friendlist the game crashes

i tried playing online with my other psn ids and it works perfect but not with my blaccat id with 76 friends

The game has iissues according to some pissed off folks at the official forums.

Like what?

I might invest if I could play a demo first. But I could say the same thing about the vast majority of PSN games; I wonder why they don't bother with them? I've bought ten games via Xbox Live purely because I tried the demo, wouldn't have ever bothered with them otherwise.

Strangely when you download the full game it downloads in 2 parts - 1 is the game and 1 is the key to unlock the game. so it's like there is a demo and you need the key to unlock it like Super Stardust.

But you can't download the game without paying for it... :(

Strangely when you download the full game it downloads in 2 parts - 1 is the game and 1 is the key to unlock the game. so it's like there is a demo and you need the key to unlock it like Super Stardust.

But you can't download the game without paying for it... :(
How weird is that?! You'd think they'd let you trial it before you buy it. You could with Lemmings on PSN, which I trialed and then bought (although thanks to a bug it still appears as a trial on the XMB). I wonder why it's so rare...

I'd love to try it out but I've bought SWOS (on 360) and Lemmings (on PS3) for that feeling of "retro", only to think a day later "God games are so much better nowadays"...

Damn I'm crap at this game - i sailed through the first campaign section and now on the 2nd group in keep dying because i keep hitting the edges of the track - all the fast ships suck at handling and all the good handling ships are shit at speed.

It's pretty fun though - 80+ trophies, custom soundtracks and online and offline with dlc. not too bad.

Excuse the PRESS SELECT text :(

I messed with the shutter speed so that's why there is motion blur in the pics

wohd_20080925_191045jpg.jpg

wohd_20080925_190228jpg.jpg

wohd_20080925_190609jpg.jpg

That looks cool :)

Just gonna play through "She Sells Sanctuary" and "Shoot the Runner" then I reckon I'll be on Wipeout.

Got my 1st Trophy before I went out and that was a nice surprise as I forgot there were trophies in it!

Sarah is off downloading this right now, it's gone pretty quick too strangely, 15 minutes or so and she's at 75%. She says she's up for an online race if anyone's interested. She's brunettepride

This game is a joy!

Absolutely perfect jump in and out arcade adrenaline action. MP is smooth as you like and the races are close and furiously fought.

The rush of nailing a left/right/left/right combo bend using the airbrakes is very gratifying.

Love it!

The problems I have with the photo mode are there is no REPLAY feature so you can back back and really capture that moment - you have to know the future and be ready to pause as it happens - and you can't preview the photo to see what it will actually come out like so the only way is to take 5 or 6 of the same image with different settings.

How did your mate get such amgles on his photos? All i seem to have are locked to my ship - locked inside my ship and locked to the track side camera angles.

-

Just noticed as well he has no PRESS SELECT on his screen!?

Last edited:
Wow, awesome game! Brings back memories of playing Wipeout on the PS1, except this just seems much better! The graphics are superb too, really plays nicely and very well put together.

Just putting some music on my HDD to use as custom soundtracks :DD

Who was on the original? Was it bands like 'Fluke' and 'Unkle' IIRC?

I like some of the tunes on HD - some are recognisable (to me!) dance tunes.

Back
Top Bottom