WatchDogs [PS4/XB1]

Re: [360/PS3/PC] Watch Dogs

GTX 770 4gb OC arrived and safely installed, waiting for the game tomorrow now! :)

Which CPU have you got? Lots of people are fine with gfx cards but are getting bottlenecked by the CPU this time so are having to do overclocks.

Which CPU have you got? Lots of people are fine with gfx cards but are getting bottlenecked by the CPU this time so are having to do overclocks.

q0Wkzxq.jpg

My CPU is 4ghz but comparing the exact same CPU/motherboard via Passmark Performance test it seems people have it running at up to 4.8ghz (of course no idea what cooling they would be using).

The "online" version is the official Uplay version, just use that without any "naughty parts" then when Uplay asks for the key you're good to go ;)

Just installed Uplay, activated my Watch Dogs key and it's downloading Watch Dogs now! :)

BokxtT4IIAAe8Wk.jpg

Hurrah for Swedish internet! :)

Ah I bought a key which you redeem on the Ubisoft store so not actually given a key yet. And still not showing in my library either.

Posted by ultrasoundwave over on eurogamer forums

The good news is, the more i play this game, the more i can forgive its faults. Theres just way more good than bad here.

After a few hours it felt like a 7/10.......now its more like a 9.

I can guarantee EXTREMELY polarising reviews tomorrow!

------

As you say, the 'Heat-style' battles are very do-able, especially on these convoy missions. Its surprising that a big, AAA game like this does so little handholding to be honest, its refreshing.

All of the jaw-dropping, "HOLY SHIT!!" moments i've had in this game so far have been either self-created or non-scripted, which is a massive plus for the game.

I think the game will, unfortunately, get a lot of harsh reviews tomorrow - i can see someone like Edge or Jim Sterling ripping it apart for "promising more than it delivered" or "biting off more than it could chew".

For the first few hours, you may find yourself a little disappointed that its not quite the game that was hinted at during E3 2012. However, give it room to breathe, let the mechanics and quirks sink in and, like me, you could come to love it.

The bottom line, and the absolute most important thing :

This game....is fun. A LOT of fun.

if anyone ordered through cdkeys.com login and check your products, because its showing the activation key for me now, and I'm currently playing it!

Just installed Uplay, activated my Watch Dogs key and it's downloading Watch Dogs now! :)

BokxtT4IIAAe8Wk.jpg

Hurrah for Swedish internet! :)
That speed... :CRY:
It's definitely a game everyone should play more and read about less before forming an opinion.

That's how it should be with all games imo. Some games might be real crap to most but you might just find something fun about it.

Reviews coming in, scores as expected.

Just waiting for some US credit to come through from Play-Asia and I'm downloading. Review videos make it look better than a lot of stuff I've seen so far.

I read some reviews but I liked how honest the Eurogamer one was. I think I'm gonna wait until the price drops on this and get it second hand or something. That review reads like it lists a 'who's who' of well worn ideas and gameplay from decades of games before it.

Im sure it's a decent game but im not paying £60 for something that's been done over and over again in the past.

Last edited:

I read some reviews but I liked how honest the Eurogamer one was. I think I'm gonna wait until the price drops on this and get it second hand or something. That review reads like it lists a 'who's who' of well worn ideas and gameplay from decades of games before it.

Im sure it's a decent game but im not paying £60 for something that's been done over and over again in the past.

£39 from the US Store ;)

Yeah I'd get it without hesitation if the game was £35 or so. But £60 is laughable for a game. In fact, I saw on the PS store they were selling the last COD game with DLC etc for £85. Couldn't believe it.

So, opening a US account requires using a US address surely?

It's £45 in Sainsburys and for the record i ordered from Shopto but it still haven't arrived a friend who does work for Ubi got me mine on Friday. I'll be returning the one that STILL hasn't arrived. Got to say i'm enjoying it more.

I don't think it'll take long for used copies to be available everywhere. Good review here from Giant Bomb/Jeff Gertsmann. They're usually spot on.
http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/watch-dogs-review/1900-644/

So, opening a US account requires using a US address surely?

Well, technically yes, but, this is mine...

CeJbI6v.jpg

Came across this store doing PSN USD yesterday, reasonably good prices:

http://www.offgamers.com/playstatio...um=txt&utm_content=psn-usd50&utm_campaign=SEO

Only 98c markup on a $50 card which is very decent, but be warned the various payment methods have different "administration" fees, cheapest being Skrill or a bank transfer but a visa/master card is only $1.96 so that's still way better than most places :)

Back
Top Bottom