WatchDogs [PS4/XB1]

Re: [360/PS3/PC] Watch Dogs

Might get the PS4 version, the stutter and framerate on the PC version is so frustrating.

Just got the PS4 version from the US store. Can't skip the intro movie though :(

I'm stuck with the skill wheel. I've got points to use but it says I need to play open world or something? I should have waited till I got home to explain.

Ahh cool.

If ever there was a video to highlight flaws:

YouTube - Watch Dogs : my "true next-gen experience"

Just comical, really.

Some really shitty stuff in that video. Looking at that, it looks like a failed attempt at taking on GTA.

So is it a disappointment or is it worth picking up (or both I guess)?

I was looking forward to this game as being the first big next gen hit. What I've seen/heard doesn't seem so encouraging though.

Some really shitty stuff in that video. Looking at that, it looks like a failed attempt at taking on GTA.

So is it a disappointment or is it worth picking up (or both I guess)?

I was looking forward to this game as being the first big next gen hit. What I've seen/heard doesn't seem so encouraging though.

I'm really enjoying it although I was expecting it to suck balls.

Some sneaky shit hacked me earlier by using a couple of cameras to catch me in view. I spend the entire time running around the street only for the hack circle to shrink and take me to a camera with no peds near it. The time ran out and then it ended with them getting 100% and it showed me where they were hiding. Around the corner hunched down in a parked car.

I'm now thinking, could I have shot the camera to disable the hacking because he was too far?

Still trying to get to grips with the game but does anyone know if you can hack into your friends games ie can you choose specific people to hack or is it just random matching?

First of all this game exceeds my lower expectations.The huge scale of this game is amazing.I really impressed by how good these different systems are working together.Also NPCs are truly a live in this game unlike games(infamous).That profiler gives a unique feeling while checking stories of diff people.Apart from fps drop while driving , this game is really enjoyable and unique with hacking part.Oh and those blackouts.I was there in an alley and hacked into the system , blackout occurred in that block.It was amazing when the lights went on again. :D

So so much to do

I am enjoying the criminal convoys. The best one yet though was when I stood on top of a rock waited for the convoy to stop and took out the main guys vehicle with an SVD sniper rifle. (you have to knock him out so killing him is not an option) then picked off his entourage one by one with the sniper rifle till he was isolated. Ran through a few backyards to avoid being seen. By the time I smacked him the poor bastard didnt have time to point his shotgun in my direction. This really is an awesome game.

Its like elements pf GTA, Spinter cell, hitman and far cry 3 rolled into 1

Still trying to get to grips with the game but does anyone know if you can hack into your friends games ie can you choose specific people to hack or is it just random matching?

I've managed to answer my own question about hacking people from your friends list. Unfortunately it's not possible at this stage but a petition has started to get it added to the game.
Would be awesome if everyone could sign it http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/882798-Intrusion-Hacking-Following-Mode-with-Friends-Sign-Up-Petition?

I'm still loving the driving too be honest. Not seeing any of the faults people are talking about.

Doing the first challenge now where you have to jack cars and deliver them across the map in a time limit - was a right blast doing that at night. As the evening went on (each retry seemed to push the time on a fair bit), the traffic got heavier and became harder.

Might go to bed and start that one about 2 in the morning and hope the roads are clearer!

... You using the in-car view Paul??

Played it for about an hour or so 2 nights running.

I don't really know what to think other than it makes you realise just how polished GTA5 was.

Some things I like, some things are not very good. I also dont really know what I'm meant to do.

It just seems a tad boring.

Need to hammer it this weekend to get a good feel for it I think.

Played it for about an hour or so 2 nights running.

I don't really know what to think other than it makes you realise just how polished GTA5 was.

Some things I like, some things are not very good. I also dont really know what I'm meant to do.

It just seems a tad boring.

Need to hammer it this weekend to get a good feel for it I think.

I'm the same although I'm a good 10hours or so in.

Reading people's impressions above and playing the game I'm not feeling the hype. I certainly can't see myself replaying it any time soon after I've completed it. Missions are samey, the dialogue and story is plain boring. The mini games are good for an hour or so, but I hardly feel the need to go back and best the scores.

There's nothing astounding that Sleeping Dogs, GTA and Saints Row (for it's mini games) haven't already done and in some cases these three do it a lot better. Although there are stealth aspects to the game you're not punished for just going gung-ho and shooting up the place. Everything seems dumbed down and overly 'assisted' - holding your hand throughout.

Visually I find Sleeping Dogs maxed on a good PC to be a lot more appealing and that's classed as last-gen. I still can't over how poor the graphics are (in particular the pre-rendered reflections which is criminal) for a next gen game and I'm very disappointed that the online mode is so simplistic and feels tacked on.

Last edited:

I am half way through Act 2, and get tired of the missions being samey and the story being a typical story of revenge, with all the same clichés.

It isn't that bad of a game, the driving isn't that bad when you get used to it, but for the me it is far too easy to just do every mission gun ho. The game is far too assisted, I DO NOT WANT all the red dots showing me where all the enemies are... isn't that the whole point of being able to hack cameras?

It's not a bad game, it is as mjsmith has said there are other games out there what do the same as this game but better.

I agree that this game isn't the greatest out there.For me Sleeping Dogs still the best.From visuals ,story and also the martial combat.
Watch dogs could have had similar combat instead of the usual take down.I'd have liked a combat where I disarm the enemy and challenge him for hand combat.
Also shooting while driving that was needed too.
About the samey side mission isn't that a ubisoft product?!All of their games that I've tried suffered from that repetition.
I can't wait to see how far this game can be modified.
Still enjoying it tho. ;)

Back
Top Bottom