WatchDogs [PS4/XB1]

Re: [360/PS3/PC] Watch Dogs

I just meant the bugs; it's already been confirmed quite a lot of them aren't actually in the console versions. I didn't realise we were comparing the graphics. Apologies :TU:

The PC version I'm sure looks superb.

There was a massive day two patch for the PC version that apparently fixed a lot of the bugs and massive performance issues.

I am just waiting now for some mods to appear that would remove some of the hints, and remove all the red circles to show you where the men are.
What's the point of being able to hack and view security camera's if you can see where all the men are anyway. Maybe Ubisoft in the next patch they can get all the men to also stop every few seconds wave their arms in the air and shout "I'm over here"

Re: [360/PS3/PC] Watch Dogs

I just meant the bugs; it's already been confirmed quite a lot of them aren't actually in the console versions. I didn't realise we were comparing the graphics. Apologies :TU:

Well, technically speaking the discussion was about what was "cut out" when porting to consoles started, and the main area of discontent seems to be in terms of a visual downgrade from the 2012 videos, thus I presumed that meant we were talking about graphics :)

Yeah sorry. Was on about the bugs too myself.

Think the PC version had frame-drop issues from what I read too?

Other than slow uPlay logins I haven't really noticed any issues, framerate seems stable for me, I read people with AMD cards are having lots of issues though.

187200.jpg

Just finished the game and all the side missions.

Advise finishing all the side missions you want before finishing the story. You have your pick of the weapons and driving becomes a bit more bearable.

Have to say this game made me eat my words in the end. Really enjoyed it including the story. It was dull as dishwater to begin with but got a lot better from Act 3 onwards. Put about 35hours in total into it.

Solid 7.5/10. Points lost for poor optimisation and quality control.

For those who have finished. "CTOs 2.0 coming to cities around the world!" Massive hint at a Watch Dogs 2 in another City? I think so.

Last edited:
I am currently on Act 2 and I can't play more than 30 minutes in a row.
I get bored very quickly, the only thing I have fun with are the gang missions.
We'll see if this gets better during Act 3.

I am currently on Act 2 and I can't play more than 30 minutes in a row.
I get bored very quickly, the only thing I have fun with are the gang missions.
We'll see if this gets better during Act 3.

If you have not enjoyed the game halfway through Act 2, your not going to enjoy it.
The game is very very samey and every mission is pretty much identical, I thought the game was pretty decent although nothing too memorable. The story is weak and really drags itself out.

Game gets a 6.5/7 from me, but the potential to make the 2nd really good is there. A better story, making hacking more difficult or having a proper skill tree and make the game more difficult.
Very much like Assassins Creed 1st one was so so, but the 2nd one was one of the best games of last generation.

Last edited:
I can't recall a single element of assassins creed 2. Thought the first was okay though it needed more assassination options other than stab stab stab at point blank range.

I've not seen anyone else mention this but I hate the radio soundtrack. Just a horrible collection of shit. I wish we had custom soundtrack options with the ability to make a custom playlist for a radio like on project Gotham 1.

I've not seen anyone else mention this but I hate the radio soundtrack. Just a horrible collection of shit. I wish we had custom soundtrack options with the ability to make a custom playlist for a radio like on project Gotham 1.

Couldn't agree more, GTA allows it and surely isn't hard to add.

Yup, even more so when it's to replay a gigantic conversation yet again because I started a mission halfway through the very last word or someone hacked me at the same time.

I almost didn't pick this up but I'm enjoying it. Still, the quality is all over the place - some aspects are really good; others, not so much.

Indeed, really great that dynamic shadows have been added, makes a big difference, he's apparently releasing a new version later which should fix some stuff, will try it then :)

HeftySlushyAnemonecrab.gif

ShinyAccomplishedAracari.gif

How cheap is 'cheap'?

I will buy a 4K monitor as soon as they hit the £500 mark and have a decent refresh and timing.

At present they don't seem to have that, but the more screenshots I see of games in 4K the more I want a 4K monitor, the level of detail is incredible.

I doubt they play on 4K. What I see more often is called Screenarchery. They put the game on ridiculous resolution (even if FPS is 10-12 or lower), they capture screenshots and downsample them later on.

The level of details in such screenshots is INCREDIBLE as Antialiasing and other stuff works tons better (read on Guru3d).

A new Watch Dogs game is coming within the next year or so, Ubisoft confirmed today in the earnings release for the third quarter of its 2015-16 fiscal year.

Ubisoft laid out its plans for its 2016-17 fiscal year, which runs from April 1, 2016, through March 31, 2017. The publisher's slate includes For Honor, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands, South Park: The Fractured But Whole and "the next installment of Watchdogs [sic]," according to the earnings release. Ubisoft did not provide any details on platforms, or an official title for the sequel.

In addition, Ubisoft said it has an unannounced game in its schedule for the year: "a new high-potential AAA brand with strong digital live services." Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot confirmed during an earnings call that the game in question is a new IP.

Kotaku reported last month that a sequel to Watch Dogs would be released "later this year." The game takes place in San Francisco, according to Kotaku's sources. The original Watch Dogs, which was developed by Ubisoft Montreal and was set in Chicago, debuted in May 2014.

Ubisoft also announced today that the Assassin's Creed franchise is taking the year off; the publisher won't release a new Assassin's Creed title until 2017. The follow-up to Watch Dogs could replace an Assassin's Creed game as Ubisoft's major release of the fall season.

Back
Top Bottom