WatchDogs [PS4/XB1]

Re: [360/PS3/PC] Watch Dogs

NRHeLh6.png

Doesn't surprise me really. Their rep has been nosediving for a few years now

I've was invaded 3 times last night, each time the fool could be seen a mile away in a fast sports car. It's like they think 'if I get caught.... I'll be fast enough to run'. Ignoring the fact it's very obvious.

I had a glitchy invasion that I don't know if It got recorded but I'll have a look.
Basically I was being chased by the police (annoying bug I'll come back to later) and then I got a message I was being hacked. Turned around and saw a sports car right away, whipped out my gun and ran towards it. I then changed my mind and tried dragging them out of the car with triangle. But unfortunately it pulls them out and then I automatically climbed in. So I tried running them over but somehow they just warped up into the roof of the car and as I'm racing around they're on top trying to shoot me.
We ended up crashing the car, I got out and melee killed them and then a split second later the cops shoot me and I died.

The cops issue though. I'm sick to death of having criminals shoot at me, and then someone calls the cops and they only come after me who hasn't fired any weapons or drawn any. They ignore the criminal running away shooting at me.

Anyone have this or am I doing something to trigger it?

Couple of hours last night on it, to see if it gets more fun.

It didn't. My issue seems to be from what I've seen so far, it is a huge city, and lots of tools, but it just isn't exciting. It lacks something, and I cant put my finger on it. It's playing it for playing its sake, when really I should love it, I just don't.

I find the missions aren't very exciting, some are just stupid, I couldn't care less for the idiots back story, and I've got this massive city without anything exciting to do.

I finally got to the online hacking bit, and I thought it was crap. The guy chasing me running round like a retard, reminded me of LAN deathmatches with friends on my PC in the 90's. It just felt shite.

I want to like this game, and will give it a right playing this weekend, but it's just really average. I would love to have such seemingly enjoyable moments like some others are having.

I want something "wow" to happen, or I will feel like I've been "hacked" of £50.

I've was invaded 3 times last night, each time the fool could be seen a mile away in a fast sports car. It's like they think 'if I get caught.... I'll be fast enough to run'. Ignoring the fact it's very obvious.

I had a glitchy invasion that I don't know if It got recorded but I'll have a look.
Basically I was being chased by the police (annoying bug I'll come back to later) and then I got a message I was being hacked. Turned around and saw a sports car right away, whipped out my gun and ran towards it. I then changed my mind and tried dragging them out of the car with triangle. But unfortunately it pulls them out and then I automatically climbed in. So I tried running them over but somehow they just warped up into the roof of the car and as I'm racing around they're on top trying to shoot me.
We ended up crashing the car, I got out and melee killed them and then a split second later the cops shoot me and I died.

The cops issue though. I'm sick to death of having criminals shoot at me, and then someone calls the cops and they only come after me who hasn't fired any weapons or drawn any. They ignore the criminal running away shooting at me.

Anyone have this or am I doing something to trigger it?

What's your status like? If you're a vigilante you'll get every man and his dog after you and the police throw everything they have at you, I've found. I simply cannot been a good person in this game. It's far more satisfying executing criminals. :SMUG:

I imagine it ultimately means nothing, but it could be that.

Sounds like a few others in the same boat too, but if managed to finally sit down and get a good couple of hours non stop on this today. Have to say, I liked it from day 1 although I was only having 15 mins here and there, but after playing an extended sitting.... I love it!!

How on earth people can say it's boring I don't know. Soooo much to do and see, barely a minute goes by without something popping up, a mission, a crime, somewhere to check in, ctOS discovered and it's just as much fun walking round targeting people as this unlocks loads of things to do later too.

One of the best games I've played in a long time and despite the hate (and seems even the devs are unhappy) credit ubisoft for getting this out the door. Hopefully future iterations will just focus on next gen and we'll see how much better it can be.

What's your status like? If you're a vigilante you'll get every man and his dog after you and the police throw everything they have at you, I've found. I simply cannot been a good person in this game. It's far more satisfying executing criminals. :SMUG:

I imagine it ultimately means nothing, but it could be that.

No I've been good. My level is almost 70-80% full in favour of good

Completed the campaign part of the game now.

Gets better as the game goes on, but every act is very samey.

Good game although not amazing, and I don't know where they stated the campaign is 40 hours+ from it only took me 17.

There is definitely potential though in the series and like Assassins Creed 2, Watch Dogs 2 will probably be brilliant and the best one of the series, as they will add new stuff and improve on what has the potential to be a really good game with a few tweaks and some gameplay tweaks. As my main gripe is you shouldn't be able to complete the whole game just using a silenced 1911 and an AK47 just to take out the choppers.

Anyone tried the online side of the game.
I eventually worked out how to invite my friends to a game. Initially I could see there positions on the map but after a while they disappeared and it was difficult to find each other.
Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

Anyone tried the online side of the game.
I eventually worked out how to invite my friends to a game. Initially I could see there positions on the map but after a while they disappeared and it was difficult to find each other.
Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

Only played the one where someone tries to hack you whilst your in between missions.
Where the area becomes purple you have to locate him then you have to chase him.

Saying it is extremely poor is an understatement, you find the person get your gun out and shoot them, lasts about 30 seconds.
Not tried the other parts of online, but what I have experienced this is the worst online game I have ever played.

Was I the only one expecting a bit more than "press X to hack"? I ignored written reviews and apparently that was a well known fact. It could have been a truly original game if at least some of the hacks required you to think for more than 5 seconds.

Was I the only one expecting a bit more than "press X to hack"? I ignored written reviews and apparently that was a well known fact. It could have been a truly original game if at least some of the hacks required you to think for more than 5 seconds.

When you hack into servers and other things, there is a puzzle game which you have to complete, but these aren't challenging at all.
As stated this game had a lot of potential which should be found in future sequels.

@radiation have the same problem

The cops are insane hellbent on getting me. I sometimes use cameras to infiltrate a gamg hideout and without drawing a weapon use the cameras and hacking to take them out only for aomeone to call the cops. They then go for me rather than the gang.

Love this game and eating through the side missions as I want the spec op weapons. Got the goblin and smg spec ops from 10 weapon crates and 10 gang hiedouts respectively. Next I am going for the 10 criminal convoys which unlocks the anti vehicle gun.

Can't wait to get stuck in but the missus is giving me the "enough gaming" now look. :LOL:

I played it alot this weekend as I had hoped and I am now very much enjoying it. It's not perfect, but very good fun now.

In regards to the online, I also should point out that it clearly wasn't developed with the PC in mind.

I would assume with the console version you probably do get into a few really good chases with other players and could be fun, but playing on the PC when you discover someone and they on the other side of the screen, if your using K&M it only takes a split second to kill someone where with a controller by the time you got there and lined up a decent shot they have probably escaped and in a vehicle.

I may go back into the game at some point and check out the gang missions, but the other missions don't really interest me too much.

Last edited:

guys, guys...everything cool gameplay mechanics and all, even the graphics and plays awesome but this game is boring. no deep story at all, just cant suck me in. so rainy and boring

A marmite game then it is.

I played it last night till nearly midnight and I had to drag myself away from it. I can't recall the last game that grabbed me like this. Even GTA5 failed to do so.
There's just so much to see and do and the online is great fun, providing you play the right modes.

I tried the team hacking game mode and it was shit. Firstly it took about 5 minutes to find a game, then a further 2 to load and then it was horribly laggy.

I'm currently addicted to the tailing mode. You just have to follow your opponent and not be seen. I think it ramps the paranoia level through the roof when I get to 100% and they're told I got them.
The hacking mode is alright but it's a little too.... It feels too sign posted. Like as soon as I hack they're told and told where I am and it just feels a bit forced.
I think the tailing mode is the best as there no need to engage each other unless your caught do its a real challenge of stealth.

I also quite like the app mode where someone on a phone/tablet controls the police. It can be a little OTT though with them spamming police at you over and over.

Offline I'm loving the gang hideouts. Just toying with the so trying to pick them off one by one or catch a group by an explosive set piece. I just wish the game had more or let us replay them.

Last edited:

I have to agree Rad. I'm still adamant the main story to rather boring, the missions just don't have enough variety and it's so straightforward and assisted it's just going through the motions. I've found that I can finish most missions with a quick scan of the enemies and a silenced weapon so as to not alert the public/enemies who call the cops/reinforcements. I think it's also down to the characters. Aside from Jordi Chin, they just seem so dull and uninteresting.

Now that I'm 25+ hours in I'm definitely digging the content outside of the main story. I've nearly finished all the side missions and contracts and all I really have left is the online content, some mini games and QR codes. I also have the last act to finish, but I'll do that once I'm nearly full levelled so I can stop playing fully once the story ends. I'm definitely pushing for 100% in this.

I'm shocked at how much time I've spent on this game since launch, it has this 'one more go' appeal to it, despite it's abysmal optimisation and performance on the PC and the disappointment post E3 2012 build and how easy it is overall despite playing on the hardest mode.

Anyone else having trouble launching the game? Uplay hangs and locks up my computer for a good 10-15 seconds before it loads, then when I launch the game inside of Uplay it locks up my computer for a good minute before it finally launches. I also cannot alt-tab out of the game without it locking up the computer. I'm wondering whether it has something to do with the PS4 controller running with Xinput as it doesn't seem to do this if I launch with M+K. I obviously prefer using the controller though so any tips would be greatly received.

Last edited:

Yep, it's absolutely terrible. I pre-ordered based on footage I saw at Gamescom and this video shown at E3 and kept the same pre-order until I received the game. Misrepresentation in it's finest form.

I think that just goes to show how much they had to cut out of the game when they started porting it to the consoles.

I thought the PC version was worse than the PS4 version?

I thought the PC version was worse than the PS4 version?

Depends how good your PC is, like with all games.
The PC version does have a few problems now and again, but I have been playing it at 1080p and framerate has never dropped below 60FPS, but Watch Dogs shouldn't have the performance issues it does have on certain PC's, as it is hardly ground breaking in the graphics stakes.

It is strange that the game was working better and looked a lot better 2 years ago compared to how it looks and plays now.

I just hope that games stop getting developed for the 360 and PS3 soon.

Last edited:

How is it? Best looking version by a mile :)

I just meant the bugs; it's already been confirmed quite a lot of them aren't actually in the console versions. I didn't realise we were comparing the graphics. Apologies :TU:

The PC version I'm sure looks superb.

Back
Top Bottom