WatchDogs [PS4/XB1]

Re: [360/PS3/PC] Watch Dogs

Until my PC turned itself off because it was overheated :(

Note to self: When you replace a 4 core processor with an 8 core processor of much higher spec remember to check if the cooler you're using is still sufficient for the new CPU! Replaced my cooler master heatsink/fan with the stock one that came with my 8 core CPU and just played Watch Dogs on Ultra everything (that could be Ultra) and MSAA 4x and getting around 60fps with GPU/CPU averaging around 60c :)

Atm ,no dolby surround sound 5.1.Just start menu music.
Also PS4 controller isn't working in WD only.

Xbox driver was missing,so it works now.
Still no dolby live so I'll try logitech G930

Really not keen on how lightweight and twitchy the vehicles feel. I'll get used to it but it really should be much better.

I'm liking the game so far though. I got into a cop chase just now and used the hacking to fend them off and then went down a back street and his in the car to lose the last few looking for me. It felt so much fun as it was all unscripted.

The shoot outs are well worth waiting for. Try and find a gang hang out and take the on. You can use focus too.

I'm enjoying it, played for a few hours and only played two missions. The driving is horse shit though.

I don't think the driving is too bad at all. I'm exclusively using the incar view (nice touch for an open world game) and having no problems with steering or dead zones etc?

How is it bud? Can you go inside buildings and do stuff? That was the one big thing that irked me about Infamous. I haven't watched any of the preview vids so I have no idea what kind of freedom there is in this game.

Loving it so far.

The multi player is not very intuitive, wanted to invade a friends game but can't work out if its possible.

Also the Alone mini game from the phone is excellent. Not tried the others but that mode is great.

He's just making conversation buddy. Don't start stirring up shit

Really enjoyed this last night. Didnt start till quite late, so I dont think I was giving it 100% and fell asleep a couple of times (always a good sign! LOL) - but I did enjoy it.

Its pretty confusing at times - the actual story/missions - they are the yellow dots right? Does only 1 appear at a time to progress the story? I'm worried I've missed something. Did the opening mission at the Baseball ground, then next I did "Brotherly Love" or something...?

I find the driving excellent fun too be honest. In car view, not had a single problem with handling or deadzones, can tear it round corners, handbrake turns etc, all good.

I'm confused with hacking cameras at the mo, tend to get a bit lost...

But overall, its a great game with absolutely loads to do and unlock etc and I'm not even gonna open up to online for a long while... and on that, if someone comes into your game and tries to hack you, can that be in the middle of a mission? Do you have to fend them off and do the mission, or does it jump you out to a dedicated mode.

And what if they DO hack you? Can they steal anything, or do you just 'lose'?

The smart phone apps are cool. I saw the one that is the equivalent of Shazam - it 'listens' to a song and tells you what it is etc - sure you all know.

Anyways, walked into the ammo shop and was playing music in store, so whipped out my phone and 'Shazamed' it and it unlocks the song and adds it to your ingame playlist. Thought that was very cool!

Absolutely great fun just then, better than I can remember in other open world games.

Playing a side-mission where I had to chase someone down in a car, when reinforcements were called in. Had an epic chase across the town trying to catch the guy whilst holding off the other drivers (pretty good AI too).

Used the traffic lights to take his car out, my car was smoking so had to chase on-foot whilst being shot at by his backup. Ended up using focus to get a cracking headshot, jumped into some flashy sports car which could barely take a scratch nevermind cars smashing into it.

Drove around and found a courtyard where I parked in a corner and used the car as cover, then had a great shoot-out with the reinforcements.

And to top it off in even more epic style, as I walked away I noticed one of them was still in the driver seat. Casually walked up, headshot, casually walked away.

So good.

The smart phone apps are cool. I saw the one that is the equivalent of Shazam - it 'listens' to a song and tells you what it is etc - sure you all know.

Anyways, walked into the ammo shop and was playing music in store, so whipped out my phone and 'Shazamed' it and it unlocks the song and adds it to your ingame playlist. Thought that was very cool!

That's awesome!

I need to get this. Was a huge Deus Ex fan, played almost the whole game without killing anyone. Am going to give this a try with as a similar approach.

Love the sections where you're infiltrating an enemy base to get something or being attacked and have to keep them at bay.

Reminds me of the rooms in batman where you would swing around taking them out 1 by 1. Except here you use the cameras to switch around.

I feel like I've finally cracked the smooth 60fps(ish) on my system. This is recorded on my phone as performance takes a huge hit recording with fraps or by other means. This is exactly the experience I get and it's on full Ultra. So it is definitely achievable.

Note there is only a few dips and stutters. Apologies for quality and lack of audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRIPH5Q9x2Q

Last edited:

I feel like I've finally cracked the smooth 60fps(ish) on my system. This is recorded on my phone as performance takes a huge hit recording with fraps or by other means. This is exactly the experience I get and it's on full Ultra. So it is definitely achievable.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRIPH5Q9x2Q[/youtube]

See, I wouldn't say that's completely smooth. When you turn a corner in your car, the framerate always seems to take a hit (see 46 secs in for example). Running a PC like yours, there's no excuse for that.

It's the exception rather than the rule though. The game is very buggy and has serious dips, but this is the best I've got it to run. You'll also notice the lack of flicker which is a huge problem on most setups.

Back
Top Bottom