Virtua Tennis 3

What other games have SEGA released on the XBox360, only Sonic and we did get a demo of that.

No, they released Football Manager 2007 and World Championship Snooker 2007 as well; no demos of those.

What other games have SEGA released on the XBox360, only Sonic and we did get a demo of that.

Full Auto was a Sega game, there was a demo fo it out before release I think, or maybe it was a launch day title, anyhow the demo didnt do it for me, so I didnt get it. Full Auto II going to the PS3...

Not sure if there was anymore or not though.

Last edited:
i think if youve played any virtua tennis game before then you dont need to play a demo cos gameplay will be the same high quality, arcadey fun.

I personally cant wait to get this... the burning question is would I like Next Gen Six Axis controls to hit the ball (a la Wii Sports with its Tennis Game) or would I prefer Xbox Live to play online against people?

Dj

You get to choose from 4 players: Federrer, Nadal, Sharapova and Venus Williams.

You then get to play a match that consists of 2 games. When the match is complete, you can restart, change players or exit.

You get to choose from 4 players: Federrer, Nadal, Sharapova and Venus Williams.

You then get to play a match that consists of 2 games. When the match is complete, you can restart, change players or exit.

Ok cheers for letting me know - will check it out over the weekend.

First impressions; graphics are quite cartoony (pause the game before you serve and check out the ball-boys, they look like two Wallaces from Wallace & Gromit for God's sake), the ball-trail is so long that it's off-putting, and there are a lot of frame-rate issues when close-up. The gameplay is very arcadey and simplistic (if a guy dived to hit the ball as much as I did, he would have no knees left by the end of the match; every other shot was a dive). And you can't switch the God-awful music off (I know it's just a demo and you will be able to in the full game, but even within a minute, that combination of electric guitars and synthesised trumpets makes me want to kill). Not impressed really, I much prefer Top Spin 2! :eh:

Last edited:
Top Spin 2 had gawd awful music too. I will DL the demo later and give it a spin, and if it dont warm me, I will leave it on the self, Top Spin will be picked up for less than half of what this game will be, so I would say to people to at least give it a look. Your player does dive in Top Spin, but not nearly as much as in Virtua Tennis, it is a game where you really do have to work your angles when building up a character.

I'm a fan of both games but Jack's impressions don't fill me with hope...

I've got it pre-ordered but I wont be able to try the demo 'til next week, stupid Silver.

Thank God, I'm not going mad then... I imagined twenty people were going to come from nowhere and shout "HOW DARE YOU, you need to play it for five hours to get into it, it's WONDERFUL"... I can't believe anybody would consider buying this when Top Spin 2 is out there. It's horrible.

I didn't like it either. I don't have Top Spin 2, but i remember having a lot more fun with that demo than this one.

And the Guitars, by God the guitars...

Thank God, I'm not going mad then... I imagined twenty people were going to come from nowhere and shout "HOW DARE YOU, you need to play it for five hours to get into it, it's WONDERFUL "
like fifa would you say jack!? :D

i dont really mind it, its virtua tennis really isnt it, insanely arcadey. the players are alot more powerful than before, it seems alot quicker than the last ones... Also due to shit eyes, and wierd lighting i sometimes cant see the ball when it goes to the top of the court!

For a start, look in the UEFA thread at the amount of people converting to it. And secondly, you can have whatever opinion you like, as long as it's based on playing the game rather than looking at the screenshots and going "LOL ITS SHIT" like the thousands out there who think that makes them hard.

You like whatever you like, I don't have a problem with that. I just have a problem with the morons.

I knew Virtua Tennis 3 was an "arcade" game, but there's arcade and there's every-single-shot-makes-you-dive-and-every-blast-of-guitar-makes-you-want-to-smash-the-speakers. I've played the demo, quite a few times, and so I'm not saying that based on nothing. It's a bit too arcadey for me, to the point of not being at all like tennis really. :eh:

Last edited:
mate im joking. the whole fifa thing is silly, if you remember i was one of the first to be dieing to play 07 and gave it a chance but it slowly just died for me, and as i dont feel uefa has changed much from 07, like i still dont find it that satisfying then for me it hasnt advanced enough, ill probs still get it but i certainly didnt dismiss it, and i dotn think its below pes. i just think they are both below standard. fifa doesnt feel atmospheric or satisfying and pes is absolute wank single player and doesnt feel anything like as good movement wise etc as fifa its just what we are used to!

anyway, virtua tennis 3! not sure what ti is but yeah its not as good as the old ones, i thin it might be cos its too realistic in terms of shots and power, but not in player movement. the shots etc are alot lot faster than the old ones, and alot straighter, you cant really do really angled drop shots or anything, the court seems bigger too and its just sort of corner to corner, straight power shots and diving rallys!

:lol: Why do so many people hate this game here? Are you guys crap at it by any chance? I think this game's pretty good. And if you were any good at it, your players wouldnt have to dive all over the place.

:D Hahaha, oh dear. I'm saying nothing!!

It's a shame you won't give this a real chance. It's obvious you haven't because you complain about diving for balls all the time. It takes practise but after time you'll realise this is a game of skill and requires constant thought.

If you're not challenging your opponant the right way he's gonna be banging shots wherever he likes and he's gonna have you diving all over the place like a fool, this is how real tennis is, but rather than dive in real life I just don't risk it on my knees, you have the same choise in the game as most dive shots go out of the court anyway.

Put it this way, the game's not as simple as just trying to put the ball across the other side of court away from the oppinant, a great way of doing things I find is to put a power shot straight at the opponant, this'll often make his return slow and sloppy giving you time to approach the net to get the ball and really slam it past him.

PS, as for the music, play on the nighttime court, US Open or whatever.

I have played the game a fair few times - and yeah, admittedly, I have got to a point now where the player isn't diving constantly, but to restrain him/her means not having the range you'd have otherwise, from what I can tell. And it seems strange to restrain your movements to "fix" something that I don't believe should be there in the first place. Plus you have to constantly stop yourself from pushing the stick too far one way or the other - you could get used to it, but on the other hand you might not. It's very difficult to remember that you can't just try to smash it one way because your player will go flying like a tit. Why not just say "if you're holding [whatever] down and you press hard-left or hard-right then a dive is executed", which would save you from doing it by accident and not cutting down on your aiming area?

It's just not my kind of game - I did prefer Top Spin 2 but even that I wasn't particularly struck on, as I just ended up getting bored. I'm sure it will be great on the PSP though; the last one was.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom