Virtua Tennis 3

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
Running on Sega's new "next-gen"arcade hardware, Lindbergh.

Expect this to be released on PlayStation 3 along with Virtua Fighter 5.

Video

sega25.jpg

sega33.jpg

sega29.jpg

[imh]http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20051102/sega28.jpg[/img]
sega28.jpg

Last edited:
THis game was awesome on the dreamcast, was really really fun when playing 2 vs 2,
Hope a version is released on the PS2

Anyone know a release date for this game? Loved the prequals, i am defiantly purchasing this one aswell..

inter_211 said:
THis game was awesome on the dreamcast, was really really fun when playing 2 vs 2,
Hope a version is released on the PS2
You do know theres a Virtua Tennis 2 onthe PS2, right?
And its just as good as the Dreamcast one. And yes it still kicks ass.

Yup, I knew that.

I've have Virtua Tennis 1 and 2 on Dreamcast, and have the PS2 version of Virtua Tennis 2, so as you can see, I'm quite an avid VT fans, love it so much. Just a shame this one is being released on some next-gen Sega console, which I've heard absolutely nothing about.

I hope they release it on the PS3, as with those kinda graphics, it seems highly unlikely PS2 will handle it/not spoil it.

anyone knows if a PC version is going to be released, too?

I've ben playing Virtua Tennis PC for the last 3 years and I'm not tired of that, absolutely.. but if this new chapter is going to be released also on PC.. oh, it will be a great comeback!!

BTW.. forgive me for this OT, but.. naomi is the same arcade board of the Virtua Striker series, isn't it? I mean VS 3, VS2002 (what a masterpiece of an arcade game.. GO, FERREIRA.. GO!!) and VS4..

Looks alright but it seems to be the same game underneath. I think it could do with improving the player movement to me more restrictive and realistic.

Hıımm it looks great!!My last tennis game was Rollan Garros;was good,now I wait Top Spin on ps2!I like tennis games:)

Re: Virtua Tennis 3 (Arcade/PS3)

So why was Condemned... made by SEGA on Xbox 360?

DJ

Sega's Japanese arcade games and "Virtua" series are exclusive to PlayStation now.

Apart from OutRun2 and HOTD4 which were ported to Xbox because it shared the same arcade hardware. The only Sega games coming out for Xbox 360 are the ones made in America/Europe (which aren't actually Sega because REAL Sega is Japanese).

That and also because they are different titles and can be exclusives to different companies (sony, Microsoft or Nintendo). same as konami's got pes and rumble roses for both xbox, pc and ps2 but they've also got MGS as a SONY Playstation exclusive.hope that helps ;)

Yeah it does its just stupid, they could easily put that on 360 so us 360 owners dont miss out.

DJ

If it weren't for console exclusives, then there wouldn't be any point in having 3 consoles on the market.

If it pisses you off so much then maybe you should've waited instead of rushing into buying a 360. Or maybe you should get all 3 consoles, then you'll never have to moan.

Im not pissed off mate and im pleased with my 360 purchase no regrets there. I know its always been the same I mean in the old days Xbox never had PES but there ya go. I doubt ill shell out the extorsionout price for a PS3 straight away, ill probably wait a long time for it.

DJ

The whole exclusive thing is usually just a contract, once that runs out, thats when you start to see ports and stuff. Just like how MGS, PES, etc all eventually become multiformat.

sega25.jpg

LMAO. These newer games have such a hi-resolution that the screenshots look photoshopped.

Back
Top Bottom