Virtua Tennis 3

B000H61P74.02._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V49966616_.jpg

Sharapova and Federer again like in TS2. Pretty cool cover, I will propably buy this in June during Wimbledon, and when it is cheaper :lmao:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=12664

- VT3 on PS3 and 360 will have full 1080p capability
- No Online play on PS3 (but full online play on 360)
- Spectator mode on XBox live. Online ranked matches as well as exhibition singles and doubles online
- PS3 will have swing motion instead using sixaxis

Great news! They are still working on it, or did they implement this and they release this for hype... Anyway, can't wait!

Yes, it was supposed to be the first native 1080p Xbox 360 game, but EA have tried to steal Sega's thunder by announcing a short while after that NBA Street Homecourt will have 1080p. Seeing as NBA Street comes out first, it will have the honor of being the first native 1080p game.
VT3 runs at 60fps though, while NBA Street is 30fps.

I'm still not 100% convinced that they are native 1080p. I thought that it was a 720p game and they just upscale everything to 1080p, they are using it as a marketing gimmick for better sales as people will think it is better graphics. But lets hope it isnt :)

I'm still not 100% convinced that they are native 1080p. I thought that it was a 720p game and they just upscale everything to 1080p, they are using it as a marketing gimmick for better sales as people will think it is better graphics. But lets hope it isnt :)

Yeah, ever since the Gran Turismo 4 1080i incident(it was nothing more than 480p upscaled), I dont really listen to resolution this resolution that anymore. I will say one thing though and its bound to make the VT fanboys get their panties in a twist. VT3 might very well be 1080p native because from looking at the game, it doesnt look like it will even push the systems very hard at 1080p. Yes, Im saying the player models dont look very good. The only thing this game has going for it is lighting and of course the wonderful gameplay that is the VT games.

Famitsu only gave the PS3 version 28/40. Not suprised as has no online play and it is not that much different than VT2!

Personally I saw no difference between Virtua Tennis 1 and 2. Even the minigames were the same as far as I can remember. So I dont expect anything more than an online mode and better graphics from this.
But I still love the series and I cant decide if I should buy it.

....on the PS3. There is online play of the 360 though.

Why is that it is harder to implement online play on the PS3 compared to the 360?

Its just shows how much work Microsoft does in helping developers understanding its console and its online stucture. Sony have been awful, clearly.

I know many people dont see this any different to previous versions, but thats fine with me. If they brought out PES on the PS3 with all the features of the PS2 version with VT3-like graphics I'd be more than happy. Ive had so much fun with VT2, Im extremely pleased the gameplay hasnt changed much. Will be buying on launch for defo.

I remember reading an article in edge magazine from a japanese famitsu editor and he was saying that Sony have a problem as lots of 3rd party developers could decide not too include online multi-player on the PS3 while that will not happen with the 360.

Basically Sony doesnt have a online structure like Live,and thus they leave it up to developers to do online or not, and as there is no set structure it'll be up to them to make one.

Live is universal, bar the EA games, and thus MS controls everything that goes on Live, but they also gave dev-co's the tools they need to produce decent games on Live. Not saying its fool proof as we still get lag at times.

Last edited:
Can't wait for this! I never played VT apart from at the arcade, and on the Dreamcast.

And if I like it, I might actually get a L!ve sub LOL!

It is coming out one week after PS3 version, no idea why?

ash what do you mean you never played it apart from the arcade and dreamcast! lol, thats all it was on originally!

My bad, I thought it came out on PS2 or XBox. I never owned a DC, so just played this game at mates.

Virtua Tennis was DC only, Virtua Tennis 2 came out on the PS2, and the GBA........... nothing else afaik. I always preferred the first one, even though there wasnt alot of difference.

Last edited:
Virtua Tennis was DC only, Virtua Tennis 2 came out on the PS2, and the GBA........... nothing else afaik. I always preferred the first one, even though there wasnt alot of difference.

Same...I preferred the first one too. I didn't bother playing the world circuit fully in the second one (as I did with the first). That's prob because it was so similar and there didn't seem to be any point finishing it again.

But playing VT again with a Dreamcast-esque controller (a la the 360 joypad) is a nice thing anyway :D - it didn't feel the same with the PS2 controller.

Last edited:
Virtua Tennis Also came out on the PC back in the day too. I loved it and played it on my PC. I also played VT2 in the arcades and on my Mates Dreamcast.

Dj

Back
Top Bottom