Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Gonna grab the demo now if its out...

Hmm... couldnt see it - only a 'Closed Beta' download that ended 28th June!?

Ah well, not that fussed.

Last edited:
I downloaded it last night and had 1 quick game. Typically is got auto matched into a bloody plunder game which I really hated in the early beta. Though this one wasn't too bad as you didn't have to throw the gold away allowing someone else to pick it up and score. It's still riddled with spawn camping though and a lot of players tend to ignore the gold and just camp by the enemy capture points to melee you as you turn the corner and then run away.

The latest beta went up last night, its pretty good.

Not showing up in my store - or is the Beta listed the one I need (and just the description is out of date). Dont wanna download 1.4gb to find I cannot use it.

For me it was in the top right corner of the store. It wasn't showing up as the latest item as I'd have expected. does it show if you search for uncharted?

For me it was in the top right corner of the store. It wasn't showing up as the latest item as I'd have expected. does it show if you search for uncharted?

Yea, the 'Closed Beta' shows up in the top right corner - but says it closes 28th July (and the fact it says 'Closed' means I didnt fancy finishing the download!).

I'll probably just leave it and pre-order the game anyways.

I didn't notice any messages about date - though I didn't look. But it does work and it a much bigger and better beta/demo than the earlier betas.

Absolutely loving the BETA. Had a COOP objective matchup last night with tobi and it was a lot of fun. The deathmatch mode and COOP arena is also very addictive. Have yet to try the plunder mode.

Anyone going to be around tonight for some games?

Three words; fluid as fuck.

I'm not really enjoying that much, I don't know why - I just don't see it having the longevity of a Battlefield or a Call of Duty - but the controls were so fluid. Everything is instant, there's no delay in anything.

I'll keep hammering it and hopefully it will grow on me.

I'm not really enjoying that much, I don't know why - I just don't see it having the longevity of a Battlefield or a Call of Duty - but the controls were so fluid. Everything is instant, there's no delay in anything.

Hmm, I'd say it was a different game compared to those two though. It reminds me a lot more of the style of Gears of War online - with the over the shoulder look and similar objectives, but less violence. I can't see it having a lot of longevity either but I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun unlocking some of the online trophies (which it is bound to have).

Last edited:
I'll be on tonight - just give me a pm if you're co-oping and I'll join.

The only problems I have with this game are some times you can unload a full clip at someone and they just keep walking then another time you fire 2 shots and they're instantly dead. The other problem is one that plagues all on line games because devs hate people like me... the red and green names are near impossible for colour blind people to recognise and so I keep seeing people running and then ill shoot them and it will be a team-mate or ill ignore them and it will have been an enemy who turns spots me and blasts me away.

I've just posted about it on the EU forums but after the way people commented on the last annoyance I posted there (the way people steal your plunder points) I can imagine me just being called all sorts and the thread being ignored by the devs.

COD has longetivity?

Just played some co-op with MJ and it was awesome. The level from the older beta is still in there but it continues on for longer. The arena co-op level is a lot of fun as well where you have to capture the gold while being attacked by more and more AI as each level goes on.

Just had a quick look at the cinema tool which disappointingly doesn't have a rewind function so if you miss a great moment you have to rewind the entire clip and start again. Might just be a beta thing.

Anyway - on the last map we played I saw 2 guys hiding below me capturing a checkpoint. I tried throwing a grenade but nothing happen.. I was out. So I picked up the oil canister and threw that down the stairs and then shot that as they both turned to come up and attack me.

Uncharted2_AmongThieves.jpg

Uncharted2_AmongThieves_1.jpg

Grabbed this now. The description has definitely changed since this morning.

Really looking forward to it now to be honest, despite the game not really being on my radar. Probably pre-order it if its any good (sounds like it is).

Will have a go later tonight as I'm busy with work now.

The matchmaking system in the beta is fucking shit. it takes AGES to find a match to play! last night i couldnt even join a single game regardless of what game mode i tried.

Played a bit of deathmatch last night and it certainly didnt 'wow' me in any way. Seemed pretty dull in truth.

What mode is best?

Co-Op is the best for me, both of the modes. Matchmaking was flawless yesterday for me and MJ. Finding opponents for the co-op arena was a bit tough but it didn't take longer than a minute. Finding people for competative games was superfast though.

Its a nice complement to the SP, it won't ever challenge MW2 etc.

I think i'll rent this our, i don't care for on line shooters and if there are some 12-14 hours of gameplay i won't be spending 70 euros. I am not the knda person who plays the game over and over again.

don't know about the rest of you, but something about online play seems off to me...seems like one big clusterfuk w/ very lil strategy involved

i have canceled my pre order. and wont be getting this game for now. why? because i have ran out of money for this month! i had to cough up some money for other things :(

i want a payrise :(. TBH i am grateful i still have a job during this recession so i will make do with what i have and just buy uncharted 2 next month or something

don't know about the rest of you, but something about online play seems off to me...seems like one big clusterfuk w/ very lil strategy involved

What mode were you playing? I found the capture the checkpoint zone mode to be like you said. Very little team work and everyone just ran around shooting capturing and shooting. It felt like playing Quake.

The capture the gold one... erm... i think it;s called goldrush? That's hit and miss. some times you'll find team work and players will protect each other but other times they want the gold for themselves so they'll team kill you or allow you to die so they can pick it up and score. They shot themselves in the foot with that mode by not giving assist points and only rewarding those who make the final score. I'll be staying away from that game mode.

You should find that co-op games have strategy and teamwork. Especially the survival one where you really do need every man fighting as a team together in a group covering each others back and reviving one another.

Back
Top Bottom