Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

tobi

"Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose."
5 August 2005
Spurs, Suns and Cowboys
Gametrailers.com - Spike TV VGA's 2008 - Uncharted 2 Announcement Teaser HD

gami_189_cov_web.jpg

The world premiere of our first trailer for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves!
This trailer will be shown during the 2008 Video Game Awards show, airing on December 14, 2008, at 9:00 PM on Spike. Don’t forget!
:COOL:

Would be looking forward to it had

zombies
not appeared at the end of the first one and totally ruined it for me.

You might want to spoiler that DJ, the whole point of me spoilering it is for the people who haven't got to the end yet..............

It was a real shame for the first one, because I really liked and enjoyed VERY much the first part of the game and if it had continued that way, it would have been a GOTY contender for me, I like adventure games!

Sure the 'spoilered' aspect of the game was dissapointing.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that the story was pretty enthralling, the gameplay was surprisingly good, and the graphics were amazing.

So it's still one of the best games of this gen IMO.

Not IMO, reminds me of Far Cry 2. Was really enjoying it up until the ending where

someone you've known for a week asks you to kill yourself to "save" this village, and you do it, no questions asked, despite the fact that you're an FBI agent sent there to kill him as he's a wanted arms dealer and as corrupt as sin.
It's hard to look back at a game and say "yeah I enjoyed that" with a storyline like that. Gameplay was good yeah but in non-sports games I think that has to be the base-element of a good game, not the absolute-total of a good game. If the story falls flat on its arse then the game suffers for it.

It would have been nice to see if it was set somewhere like India, just to freshen things up a bit.

The first rumour that was going around was that it was going to be set in India. Perhaps its set in the Himalayas. I believe it follows the trail of Marco Polo so its a definite possibility. Silk/Spice route and all. :)

I didn't mind the 'above spoilered' part of Uncharted. Loads of other great games like Tomb Raider have had things like that where reality gets pushed aside a little. I think the first tomb raider had much more as the game went on and people love that and failed to criticize that at review.

I played the demo for this and wasn't that keen but I borrowed the full game and loved it. I loved it enough to replay it when trophies came out 3 times and got every trophy except the 'find all the treasures, and the one before that, i think it was find 55 or find 60' and complete the game on the hardest difficulty.

Yeah I agree with you Radiation. The ending did not ruin it at all. It happened so quickly and it was so short that it didnt really matter. Nothing was messed up due to this plot line. It still was and is one of the best PlayStation 3 games, nay one of the best games of the generation and I look forward to the sequel.

Ended up completing this last weekend, got stuck at the first spoiler encounter quite a while ago and that really put me off it. But I spent last weekend getting past it and the rest of the ending was pretty decent. To me the most dissapointing aspect was that it really wasnt needed for the game or the story. I mean cut out those 1,5/2 chapters and the story is still much the same.
Instead of making them turn into zombies just let them die instead when in contact with the "dust" with it spreading like a virus.
A little tweak like that would have been fine with me and made the story just that bit better.

I'll probably get the 2nd one aswell as I really enjoyed 90/95% of the first one.

Sexy, they should give him some new clothes though.

End of the year.

Arggghhh I know what I want for Christmas then, I can't wait for this the first one was awesome. :D

Nathan Drake also- teh sex.

according to wiki, its to be released in september, hopefully wait and see.

never played the first but it does look like this game has something, shall be giving this a try for sure :)

I wouldn't trust anything Wikipedia says, it's about as reliable as a chocolate teapot unless it's already happened. Everywhere official still says TBA 2009, grrr. :( It has a rumored release date in late 2009 but that's all it is- rumor.

I imagine [this is a complete guess and some wishful thinking!] it will be out in Summer sometime, I mean looking at the screenshots it looks like they've done a hell of a lot on it already, as soon as there is a date I'm definitely pre-ordering it.

Back
Top Bottom