Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

I tried to play yesterday night and it didn't find any player. I have no patience to wait 10 minutes for the game to find a room/player. Is it been addressed yet?

I tried to play yesterday night and it didn't find any player. I have no patience to wait 10 minutes for the game to find a room/player. Is it been addressed yet?

A very annoying bug. It reminds me of SOCOM: Confrontation. But then again it is a beta so things like this are expected. I hope a patch is on its way to resolve both the connection issues and the restarting/crashing of the PS3.

If you get a USA guy to be the host it finds games in seconds. If you're from the EU and you;re the host then you find the wait is more like a few minutes maybe longer depending on the time of the day.

They have increased the Plunder count to 5 and the Team Deathmatch count to 50 now.

Come Play with the Naughty Dogs!

We are pleased to announce that we will have four "Play with the Developer" events in the UNCHARTED 2 Multiplayer Beta over the next two weeks. During these time slots, a lot of us at Naughty Dog will be online playing the game with all of you! You can tell the Dog's apart from other players because they'll be playing with different models -- a pirate for the villains and Drake with a Naughty Dog t-shirt for the heroes. I've posted a screenshot of both models below so you know what to be on the lookout for.

The dates and times are as follows:

Tuesday, June 9

4:00 PM to 6:00 PM PT (What time is this in my time zone?)

Thursday, June 11

6:00 PM to 8:00 PM PT (What time is this in my time zone?)

Tuesday, June 16

4:00 PM to 6:00 PM PT (What time is this in my time zone?)

Thursday, June 18

6:00 PM to 8:00 PM PT (What time is this in my time zone?)

Join us for some fun!

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=uncharted2beta&thread.id=12028

Wednesday, June 10 - 0:00 - 2:00AM GMT
Friday, June 11 - 2:00AM - 4:00AM GMT
Wednesday, June 17 - 0:00 to 2:00 AM GMT
Friday, June 19 - 2:00 AM to 4:00 AM GMT

The matchmaking process has been a lot quicker today.

I've barely touched it since the second day. I had a string of tdm games against high level twats who went around in gangs knowing where the next spawn point would be and they'd take us all out with grenades and then move onto the next area.

All the games I played today were good ones, a couple times my team was down by 15+ points and came back to win.

I had fun the first day and the games the second before the idiots. But I don't know, something just isn't screaming out to me. It's alright but I don't have a huge desire to play it. Maybe it's the feeling that it's all for nothing and the final game is months away still.

One problem I do have is the hit and miss nature of the gane. Sometimes I fired shots into a guy standing right in front of me... a full clip in fact and he'd turn around and kill me with a few shots. Other times I'd shoot once and take the guy out right away.

Yea that is annoying, I've noticed that using the 9mm etc is faster at killing people.

Looks really good, seems theyve gotton rid of the somewhat "cartoony" style of the first game (the edging on the people). And Elena is back aswell.

a patch for the beta has been patched, fixes PS3 reset glitch, also resets stats.

No email here, how did you hear about the promo?

I just had a random email from playstation titled uncharted 2 & red bull with the text from the linked site explaining it and a link at the bottom.

6fdjplz9yho8rr4xbpmo_2nlinecreenshot01.png

2hp1lqbdo3iacog0neto_2nlinecreenshot02.png

vf0cm0rr621vvq4wq8do_ncharted2screen1.png

f76damshmn0b96itet_ncharted2screen2.png

m183sr42v3wlaacsbd33_ncharted2screen6.png

WOW

NeoGAF

More news from Uncharted 2 Details from Official PlayStation Blog Q&A

Story
Longer than Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Over 90 minutes of cinematics alone
Even more dramatic than the last game. Drama, emotions and conflicts between the characters are critical to the story.

Puzzles
Similar number of puzzles as DF
This time it's Nate's journal- not Francis Drake's diary- to assist in puzzle-solving
The player will have to thumb through the pages themselves to suss out the solutions to the problems

Environments
Wider variety of environments: urban areas, ancient temples, jungle swamps to snowy and icy locales, Turkey to Borneo, up to Nepal and into Tibet and the Himalayas.
More problem-solving, figuring out how to navigate environments, and the best approach to different combat set-ups
Snow has gameplay implications when the weather really whips up and visibility becomes an issue
Snow and ice look awesome, footprints will be left, realtime 3D Snow Clump BuildupTM around feet

Combat
Refined grenade-throwing mechanics. Sixaxis optional, but they really enhance it now that there's a dedicated button

Revamped combat, melee and enemy system, with different classes of enemies:

-Lightest classes of enemy will allow you to perform hand to hand combat much the same way it was in Drake's Fortune
-Medium classes will counter your attacks requiring you to dodge before you can finish them off
-Heaviest class won't let you melee them at all!

Details
Players will be matched based on skill rating
No splitscreen, didn't want to compromise visuals
New game modes, maps, and boosters will be shown soon
Already implemented a ton of the features that were requested in the MP beta
Another MP demo before launch, with wider availability than the recent Beta

Coop
At least 2 more cooperative modes coming (that are actually some of Evan Wells' favorite)

Competitive
Several more modes incoming, plus variations of all the competitive modes that focus on specific kinds of weapons

Cinema Mode
Play back any match from any angle
Upload matches to share with other PS3 users
Screenshot sharing

Other Details

Release date is"Fall" but an official date will be announced very soon
Various graphics techniques including screen Space Ambient Occlusion, deferred rendering, cloud computing, paralax mapping, high dynamic range tonemapping, per object motion blur, cascade shadows, sub surface scattering simulation...
Still finalizing Trophy list. Might include a couple of MP trophies, but don't want any that require grinding for kills or wins.
Originally Posted by Evan Wells:
We're very fortunate to have a great group of first party developers within Sony that we're able to collaborate with. We're frequently exchanging technical ideas and even share some code from time to time. We've even posted the entire source code of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune to Sony's internal severers so that any first party developer can look through it, or borrow from it... and we plan on doing the same thing when Uncharted 2 ships. We also have a group of programmers here at Naughty Dog called the ICE team. They've been busy writing highly optimized code for the PS3 for the last 5+ years, and that code has been shared externally with the PS3 dev community in the form of the EDGE libraries.

NeoGAF

Lovely.

Back
Top Bottom