Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Naughty Dog plans to release a Thanksgiving update for Uncharted 2 this week featuring a new map, new character models and leaderboards.

Not content with that, it's also having a "double cash" weekend between 6pm GMT tomorrow and 7pm GMT on Monday, during which the money you get for multiplayer feats will be - you guessed it - doubled.

The new map is The Fort, and was inspired by the Fortress chapter of the original game. Naughty Dog has said to expect "a long rectangular map with wide open spaces and excellent flank routes". Apparently there's a shotgun in the centre of the map, and an RPG in a side room in the crypt.

As for the leaderboards, they show you competitive wins, co-op, kills and money on a global or friends-list basis.

And as you can see from the screenshot gallery showcasing all these changes, and the new map, those new character models as "Thanksgiving versions" of Drake and Lazarevic. They really do need to be seen to be believed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/uncharted-2-among-thieves-screenshot-gallery_6

------------------

I really should get back into this game online but MW2 came along and then Bad Company 2 and took the online thunder.

Just finished the SP ... incredible game. Up there with the best I've ever played and maybe even the best I've played.

You know when everyone gets a game before you and you hear people saying it's so good etc etc? But you think it can't be THAT good and it MUST be hype? I thought that was the case with this game, and it wasn't hype. Just unbelievably good.

Can't wait for Uncharted 3 now! :LOL:

There was a line about the strongest person is the one with the will to do what others wont. I watched The Usual Suspects on Saturday and I'm sure Naughty Dog have taken that line/phrase from that film?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished the SP ... incredible game. Up there with the best I've ever played and maybe even the best I've played.

You know when everyone gets a game before you and you hear people saying it's so good etc etc? But you think it can't be THAT good and it MUST be hype? I thought that was the case with this game, and it wasn't hype. Just unbelievably good.

Can't wait for Uncharted 3 now! :LOL:

There was a line about the strongest person is the one with the will to do what others wont. I watched The Usual Suspects on Saturday and I'm sure Naughty Dog have taken that line/phrase from that film?

When I finished the SP on Normal mode, I played through again to collect all the treasures I'd missed. Needed a guide for a couple of them, mind. The 2nd playthrough was even better than the first. I've bought every weapon, extra and unlockable character and the only two left are the ones which are unlocked when you complete the game on Hard and Crushing. So that's what I'm going to do next. Still have around 5 or 6 Medals to achieve, too.

Fantastic game.

just finish it today and this game is brilliant..:APPLAUD::EASY::SAL:

Now play through again and collect all the treasures and medals on whatever difficulty you've just finished it on. It's so much better second time around. You also get to buy weapons, costumes, skins and game modes from the Options screen.

Such a great game.

Brought this in for my mate at work this morning, as he hasn't played it. Was sooo tempted to pop it in the PS3 for another blast. Actually contemplated not giving it to him, so I could have another playthrough.

Definite 10/10 game for me.

Best franchise since the PSX days for me. Nothing this gen beats it for sure imo and there's some truly awesome games this generation. Uncharted is chief amongst these. Hence why on Metacritic it's got a review average on 96% and only Super Mario Galaxy beats it by 1% with a 97% average - BUT - Uncharted has had about 100 more reviews than SMG so really Uncharted 2 is the best game this generation. :P

Just started this. When I first played, I was disappointed by the graphics in the cutscenes and in some areas... but once you're in the jungle... I was absolutely blown away by some of the graphics and the scenery. Beautiful colours too. Really think this game gets better and better, and the story is captivating.

Brilliant game. Some stunning animations and graphics - wish Heavy Rain used the same sort of engine for its graphics.

Only thing I didn't like was
those weird mutated creatures we fight... made it unrealistic and silly.

Well, Stef, that's exactly what me and my friends think. The game is a perfect adventure except that little details at the end. If you play the first one, you could say the same more or less.

¡Try multiplayer, as it's quite fun with a friend!

Brilliant game. Some stunning animations and graphics - wish Heavy Rain used the same sort of engine for its graphics.

Only thing I didn't like was
those weird mutated creatures we fight... made it unrealistic and silly.

:LOL: I was saying the same thing in the chatbox a few days ago
Major Spoiler if you haven't finished Stef
I've found even more ridiculous when you find out they are the blue super strong men
I playing it for the second time now on a harder difficulty, if you stay 'on script' in that monsters part its super easy, don't run too far, just keep moving and waiting for the 'movie' to intercept it.

By the way I play online often too, its really good, although I don't have expansions and the maps get a bit repetitive.

Yep, both Uncharted games were 10/10 for 90% of the game, then the final battles / scenes are a bit generic. But the story and characters make for it. I loved the blonde-tanned rivalry between women. Dialogues are absolutely brilliant, as in the golden hollywood era.

Back
Top Bottom