PES vs. FIFA - Fanboy Fight Thread......

For everyones sake, no one else reply to Hellenes. Let him have his (wrong) opinion and let's leave it at that.

WE is like that period in life when you're young, going to school and do not give a fuck about life and play football all day. You have a pocketful of great memories but it is all over too soon.

WE once used to be a revolutionary game. Especially in the days of early 3D on PS1/N64. Then, WE6. WE6FE was great, probably the best modded game. WE7I was memorable. After that everything started going downhill.

WE is like that period in life when you're young, going to school and do not give a fuck about life and play football all day. You have a pocketful of great memories but it is all over too soon.

WE once used to be a revolutionary game. Especially in the days of early 3D on PS1/N64. Then, WE6. WE6FE was great, probably the best modded game. WE7I was memorable. After that everything started going downhill.

Damn man, reading that almost gave me a teary eye :CRY::CRY:

hellenes I wish I was still as devoted to PES as you, I loved it up to 08 and played nothing else all through my chipped PS2 PES-WE days.
I loathed everything about FIFA apart from the leagues and team licences, I tried every incarnation and tried my best to like them but every time after a few games I'd be back to PES and WE... Then came PES 08 and I was gutted, truly gutted. It was like the end of an era! It made my eyes bleed, the intro made my sphincter pucker and the inane ML made me cry, I forced myself to play and like FIFA08... I'm still coming to grips with it,and it's far from perfect but as I like my eyes I can't play PES08 and have everything crossed for 09 but fear all I'll get is a similar product and cramp...

hellenes I wish I was still as devoted to PES as you, I loved it up to 08 and played nothing else all through my chipped PS2 PES-WE days.
I loathed everything about FIFA apart from the leagues and team licences, I tried every incarnation and tried my best to like them but every time after a few games I'd be back to PES and WE... Then came PES 08 and I was gutted, truly gutted. It was like the end of an era! It made my eyes bleed, the intro made my sphincter pucker and the inane ML made me cry, I forced myself to play and like FIFA08... I'm still coming to grips with it,and it's far from perfect but as I like my eyes I can't play PES08 and have everything crossed for 09 but fear all I'll get is a similar product and cramp...

I felt exactly like that playing Euro2008...I tried desperately to approach the game with a clean open mind...but my stomach disagreed I puked!!! I said : "Oh my god there is a crap like PES2008 out there in the world!!!"....
I feel pity for those hockey loving Canadians behind FIFA...if they couldnt surpass the WORST PES ever they will NEVER do it...

PES is not a game which needs any knowledge on how football is played and any tactics that go with it.
In PES, everything is fully assisted and there's no way to change that, and manual passing in PES is basically useless because it is only 8 directions.

For passing, all you do in PES is point in the general direction of a player and press X(PS)/A(Xbox) which results in a fully AI controlled pass, you have no control over the direction or power of the pass, only the player it is directed to.
For through passing in PES all you do is point towards the player you want it to go ahead of, press triangle/Y and the AI does a fully automated pass which you have no control over apart from the player it is intended for, it is very limited and means that there is no skill involved when you play a through ball.
For shooting in PES all you do is choose a corner, choose the power and hope the AI doesn't screw your shot up and make it go over or wide.

In FIFA, if you set everything to manual, you have control over almost everything, and if you screw up doing anything in the game, you know that it was YOUR fault not the AI most times.
For passing in FIFA, you choose both the power and placement the passes, with 16 (maybe more) directions to hit it in, you have a lot of control over it. You can play it into space, you can play it to feet, you can play it between or round defenders etc.
For through passing, again you have control over both the power and placement, meaning that when you play a great pass through you know that it was all you and not the AI, it's a lot more rewarding thanb having the game do it for you. You can play it either side of a defender, behind a striker to bring them deep, into space behind the defence, over the top of defenders, to play it to the other wing, you can make the stiker start a run (L1/LB) and then play it onto their run. The possibilities make attacking play much deeper and it relies more on creativity than luck.
The shooting, although not brilliant, I find is still better than on PES because you can aim where you want to, and if you put a shot wide, most of the time it's because you aimed wrongly with the analog, which brings in an element of risk to shooting - Do you aim right in the corner and risk it going wide or aim more central to guarantee getting it on target?

I will never play PES again as long as it stays an AI controlled arcade frenzy, simulation games > arcade games.

PES is not a game which needs any knowledge on how football is played and any tactics that go with it.
In PES, everything is fully assisted and there's no way to change that, and manual passing in PES is basically useless because it is only 8 directions.

For passing, all you do in PES is point in the general direction of a player and press X(PS)/A(Xbox) which results in a fully AI controlled pass, you have no control over the direction or power of the pass, only the player it is directed to.
For through passing in PES all you do is point towards the player you want it to go ahead of, press triangle/Y and the AI does a fully automated pass which you have no control over apart from the player it is intended for, it is very limited and means that there is no skill involved when you play a through ball.
For shooting in PES all you do is choose a corner, choose the power and hope the AI doesn't screw your shot up and make it go over or wide.

In FIFA, if you set everything to manual, you have control over almost everything, and if you screw up doing anything in the game, you know that it was YOUR fault not the AI most times.
For passing in FIFA, you choose both the power and placement the passes, with 16 (maybe more) directions to hit it in, you have a lot of control over it. You can play it into space, you can play it to feet, you can play it between or round defenders etc.
For through passing, again you have control over both the power and placement, meaning that when you play a great pass through you know that it was all you and not the AI, it's a lot more rewarding thanb having the game do it for you. You can play it either side of a defender, behind a striker to bring them deep, into space behind the defence, over the top of defenders, to play it to the other wing, you can make the stiker start a run (L1/LB) and then play it onto their run. The possibilities make attacking play much deeper and it relies more on creativity than luck.
The shooting, although not brilliant, I find is still better than on PES because you can aim where you want to, and if you put a shot wide, most of the time it's because you aimed wrongly with the analog, which brings in an element of risk to shooting - Do you aim right in the corner and risk it going wide or aim more central to guarantee getting it on target?

I will never play PES again as long as it stays an AI controlled arcade frenzy, simulation games > arcade games.

All this gets ruined by the corpses in trash bags that have a bend over running pose...that turn and move like boats...and teh ball trajectories that are a comedy on themselves...
Oh and all the stuff you call "AI assist" we call S T A T S...something that FIFA obviously lacks....

All this gets ruined by the corpses in trash bags that have a bend over running pose...that turn and move like boats...and teh ball trajectories that are a comedy on themselves...
Oh and all the stuff you call "AI assist" we call S T A T S...something that FIFA obviously lacks....

You have an obsession with boats don't you are you a sailor?

I already told you before, the intro movie in FIFA has different shorts to the ones in the game, you can't find "trash bag shorts" in the proper gameplay, especially in proper gameplay from Tele camera. Maybe you should should be concentrating on playing the game and not looking at the player's arses then?

Who the hell runs with their back straight? The running animation isn't great but it is still better than anything PES offers. The FIFA animations are so far ahead of PES' in every area.

Players moving and turning like boats?
Do you see any similarity between this:
[youtube]atCxDQozBSI[/youtube]

and this?:
[youtube]AsMW-8zCwOQ[/youtube]

I don't. I think you are just crap at FIFA and can't handle the fact that players have momentum and can't just change direction quickly in a milisecond like they do in PES.

Ball trajectories seem ok to me, and better than anything PES has ever had, just because the ball doesn't move 100mph through the air and have gravity that is twice what it should be it doesn't mean it's comedy ;).

So you would rather play a game where instead of you playing a good pass, the AI plays the pass for you? One where the stats of a player decide the result not the skill of the people controlling them? Where is the fun in scoring a goal purely because of the numbers a player has on their profile, not because you earned it by controlling them well? So not being able to choose what direction to hit the ball in and how hard you hit it, and only being able to play a pass in the general direction of a player is a good thing? No chance...

I think you are just jealous that consoles get the good football games while your get stuck with crappy PES games on PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
AI Assist in FIFA is STATS in PES? WTF? You don't even make sense :lmao: And you can't seriously think that the 2000mph cross field passes in PES are realistic?

PES2008 is better than FIFA08 because you can make good editings, the graphic is very good and the realismus is better but the onlinemodus isn´t good.

PES2008 is better than FIFA08 because you can make good editings,
FIFA doesn't need editing because the stats are quite accurate and all the graphics are licensed.
the graphic is very good
FIFA has better graphics, much better lighting effects and textures. The stadia and grass textures look awesome.
and the realismus is better
PES 2008? Realistic? :LOL: Joke of the century.
but the onlinemodus isn´t good.
FIFA's is good :)) You can play almost lag-free 5v5 as well, PES only has laggy and bug-ridden 1v1.

FIFA doesn't need editing because the stats are quite accurate and all the graphics are licensed.
The only saving grace...EA buying out everything...

FIFA has better graphics, much better lighting effects and textures. The stadia and grass textures look awesome.

Disproportionate ZOMBIEs? check
FAKE replays that have NOTHING to do with real time gameplay? Check

PES 2008? Realistic? :LOL: Joke of the century.FIFA's is good :))

Xmmm players that can barely turn...GK comedy animations...Ball trajectories a joke...and the icing on the cake:flat 0 deph of stats all teams/players feeling the same....

You can play almost lag-free 5v5 as well, PES only has laggy and bug-ridden 1v1.

God bless hamachi & same screen 4v4 MP....

Disproportionate ZOMBIEs? check
FAKE replays that have NOTHING to do with real time gameplay? Check
Stop admiring player models and start playing the game properly then, and the replays do show what just happened.
Xmmm players that can barely turn...GK comedy animations...Ball trajectories a joke...and the icing on the cake:flat 0 deph of stats all teams/players feeling the same....
Players can turn, just not as quickly because they actually have some momentum. No 90 degree turns or sidesteps that defy the laws of physics like in PES.
PES GKs are the worst in any recent football game, so why try and argue that in favour of PES?
God bless hamachi & same screen 4v4 MP....
This is not possible on consoles, and why would you want to play a crappy game like PES08 in a 4v4 anyway?

Awww, just because your precious PC doesn't have the superior football game you have to suck up to the crappy one you do have and bash the other, superior game :CRY:.

I would say that FIFA's goalkeepers are the worst I have ever seen in a football game.

I'd say it was a dead heat - PES's keepers deflect shots into the net, FIFA's/Euro's deflect shots to another striker (which doesn't sound as annoying but they both result in the same thing).

Hellenes i played only Pes series,i loved this game,but you write only bad thigs about Fifa and this is not true.You are only fanboy and you don't see facts.The facts are( in this day) that FIFA is better than Pes:(( I have Pc but I'm waiting to new version of Fifa and Pes and if I see the same situations what we can see now i will go to shop and buy next-gen console to play Fifa 09.Remember I'm Pes fan but i would like to play good football game,not stupid arcade game:blush: You have to know,that nobody in the world is the best for all time,but we players can choose better game and is not important name Fifa or Pes.I'm not a kid and people who say only Pes is the best or Fifa looks like small stupid kids.THX

Hellenes i played only Pes series,i loved this game,but you write only bad thigs about Fifa and this is not true.You are only fanboy and you don't see facts.

:applaud:

As far as I enjoy this Admins/Mods vs Hellenes fanboy fight, it has become very repetitive.

I'm a PES fan starting from ISS on PSone, but I've got to admit, I would like to play a next-gen FIFA 08 version on PC because PES 2008 is disappointing.

There's some very good points about PES 2008 made be FIFA 08 fans here:

1) Super-speed crossing. 2) Goalkeepers are almost as terrible as in FIFA 07. 3) Instant 90 degree turning.

I'll also add some of my own:

Super players that makes awful online mode even worse. Adriano? where's is he playing at the moment? Sao Paulo, yeah, smooth move KONAMI, making him unstoppable. It looks like they didn't change the stats for three years. Low graphics changes gameplay and makes it illogical (weird deflections, keepers can't hit the ball, ice-skating).

And if that wouldn't be enough. Modes are new and original. Ah, Master League.. I just love those 5 fan photos (in cafe, with dog etc) that changes in random way after every game you play. Also, KONAMI let's you know that firewall is good to have, because you can block all their ads that appear everywhere you can look.

Hellenes, stop saying the bad features of FIFA 08 because you're repeating yourself in every page and say 5 good things about PES 2008. ;)

I felt exactly like that playing Euro2008...I tried desperately to approach the game with a clean open mind...but my stomach disagreed I puked!!! I said : "Oh my god there is a crap like PES2008 out there in the world!!!"....
I feel pity for those hockey loving Canadians behind FIFA...if they couldnt surpass the WORST PES ever they will NEVER do it...

To be fair I would rather lick my dad's hairy scrotum which produced me, than read any more of your drivel.

Fifa 09 will not be better than pes2009 this time around....

i honestly belive that konami will do ALOT to make sure of it. they have pride above all else to lose and many many loyal followers to gain back.

fifa 08 will still be the best fifa forver

Hellenes i played only Pes series,i loved this game,but you write only bad thigs about Fifa and this is not true.You are only fanboy and you don't see facts.The facts are( in this day) that FIFA is better than Pes:(( I have Pc but I'm waiting to new version of Fifa and Pes and if I see the same situations what we can see now i will go to shop and buy next-gen console to play Fifa 09.Remember I'm Pes fan but i would like to play good football game,not stupid arcade game:blush: You have to know,that nobody in the world is the best for all time,but we players can choose better game and is not important name Fifa or Pes.I'm not a kid and people who say only Pes is the best or Fifa looks like small stupid kids.THX

What can I say? That I puked? WIth the pathetic turning like boats disproportionate all the same flat zombies? The GK animations that look like a JOKE? The ball trajectories that scream "TENNIS BALL"....?
What can I do since I CAN DIFFERENTIATE FAKE replays from REAL gameplay?
Anyway guys enjoy your FIFA and your RROD milking devices...
Im convinced that PES2009 will be better and thank you for loving FIFA because of that KONAMI will make PES2009 the best PES EVER....
Oh and when donkeys start flying you will see ANYTHING like this on consoles: http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=47177

Mate if a video game makes you puke, then you have a serious problem...you know what makes me sick ??? Darfur, poverty, hunger...not a video game in a world full of luxury...there are millions of kids who would give everything to play 5 minutes of the game that supposedly makes you puke.

I couldn't care less about this ongoing discussion, but i just wanted to put things a litle bit in perspective...

Back
Top Bottom