PES vs. FIFA - Fanboy Fight Thread......

I'm not going to import a game that's old when I have a game like Fifa 08 on my 360...
WE9LE looks just like PES5 anyway, which I have... It won't be too much different as it's still made by Konami and they never do much to their game...

Apart from this year the Japanese versions had 10 times better gameplay...its a well known fact...

I got FIFA 08 for PS3 12 hours ago, played a few games and at this point I'm not in love with this game just yet. I haven't played FIFA in so long and I've always been a DIE-HARD Konami WE/PES fan but this year I decided to buy FIFA 08 instead of PES/WE 2008. When I went to the store I told the guy I want FIFA 08 - he told me "We also have PES2008 and I told him , No I want FIFA 2008 - I couldn't believe what I just said because for years I always came to the store and bought the newest PES/WE version. It felt a little weird asking him to give me FIFA lol.

Anyways, graphics look sick on my Sony Bravia LCD 32". I haven't played WE or PES 2008 so I won't comment, and the reason why I didn't get this years WE or PES is because many people said it was shiite.

At this very point I'm not impressed. I will comment later on after few weeks of playing.

Tbh, not much fight left between the two games, FIFA has clearly won hands down for now. And with Euro 2008 being amazing too EA are only improving.

But I can see KONAMI making a really good PES with good graphics (like the ones they used to show on the intro of PES3) and good gameplay so I doubt a big company like KONAMI can dissapoint all of a sudden.

But I can see KONAMI making a really good PES with good graphics (like the ones they used to show on the intro of PES3) and good gameplay so I doubt a big company like KONAMI can dissapoint all of a sudden.
This is something ive wished for. I wished this for years! but I doubt it will happen! 2009 I think will still be a tinkered version of 2008... wait until the 2010 (or whatever they call it next) version!

Good luck waiting for Konami and Seabass to make another quality football game again. Those days are over. If they wanted to make a great game on next-gen systems the first PES on PS3 and 360 should of blown FIFA 2008 out of water. It didn't turn that way.

Now with Euro 2008 balances have changed, this time EA kicks asses....!
I think Seabass didnt sleep well after playing this game, ha ha...... thats good for us, and the @ssholes from Konami! How long they think they can sleep on their old Fame.... on next Gen they have totaly F@ked up!

Now with Euro 2008 balances have changed, this time EA kicks asses....!
I think Seabass didnt sleep well after playing this game, ha ha...... thats good for us, and the @ssholes from Konami! How long they think they can sleep on their old Fame.... on next Gen they have totaly F@ked up!

Sadly they royally own the PC football market unless fifa09 is next gen on pc....

Having been a pes player for yearsand now ovined on to the far suierier euro 2008 i have to say gameplay wise, Konami arnt far behind the reaction times are far superier on pes i also think when playing multiplayer its less scripted than its ea counterpart, if pes wasnt so damm fast it would be far more enjoyabe! Tactically Pes is far more in depth although the flip side to that is on pes in can be expolited!

When it comes to features and overall quality there is only one winner by a milion mles and thates th ea games. Anyhow thats my 2ps worth..

hellenes you bitter bitter person ;) have you played EURO 2008 Next Gen? whats your views compared to PES2008?

I played it in my local Game store and PUKED....OH MY GOD!!! WHat loads of crap advertised and boasted as "teh bettah futi gamezorz!!"...crap flat players all the same 0 stat deph crap...moving like boats on water no decent marking CRAP...player design a JOKE!!!! AND for christs sake NO!! Cutscenes=/=Gameplay Realtime Graphics....and player likeness? C R A P...
And if anyone thinks that game speed and half-decent formation cohesion on their own make a good footy game....please enjoy it. Cause Im not tricked into ditching £250 for a pile of shit....

There's nothing to be ashamed of in not being able to afford a next gen console to play proper big boy games :)

OHHH MY GOOOOD!!!! Youre sOOOO smart!!!!! so wise!!!! I bow to your higher intellect :applaud::applause::salute::salute:

Ironic isn't it, spend all that money and the "£200 RROD junk" has the best football game, well at least you get to surf the internet without any slowdown :DANCE::DANCE::DANCE::DANCE::BY:

What the hell? is this guy for real? Euro 2008 Is THE best football game ive played for years! Obviously he doesnt like it because there is no CPU Cheating or dog heads :)

Ricky_Gervais.jpg

Ironic isn't it, spend all that money and the "£200 RROD junk" has the best football game, well at least you get to surf the internet without any slowdown :DANCE::DANCE::DANCE::DANCE::BY:

An opinion is like an asshole...everyone has one and it stinks!

Clint Eastwood

PC gaming is as good as dead.

Developers won't spend the time or money on loads of combinations of systems to test the game on and optimize the game so that it works on a lot of them.
Most people don't even have computers capable of running any decent games, game companies are businesses, they want to sell as many copies as possible, when half of the people in the market for PC games can't even play the game properly on their system it's hardly worth bothering at all...

If developers make a game that runs on an Xbox 360, it will run on all Xbox 360s without a problem (and most likely PS3s).
It makes more sense to just make games for consoles instead of PCs.

Also, the ease of piracy on PCs is another reason why developers are making a lot of games console exclusive, all you need to do on a PC is download a couple of files or pieces of software, find a torrent, install the game and then you are playing the game for free... Not many people will pay £40 for something they can get for nothing, even though it is illegal.
For consoles you have to get the console chipped, transfer the games onto discs, risk getting banned from Live/PSN etc... Most people won't take that type of risk or bother with all the hassle.

PCs are for surfing the internet, communicating with people, sending emails, shopping, research (and playing shitty games)
Consoles are for playing the best games with absolutely no worry of compatibility problems.

Time to move on to consoles, if you can afford one.

Back
Top Bottom